Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

A Run In the Sun

Started by visualspice, February 05, 2014, 10:24:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: She actually vanishes and merges with the shadows. So she's 'safe' for now 8D

---------

Watching the man get dangerously close to her makes her begin to sweat, but the moment he moves away and begins to unleash his temper on walls and crates, she grits her teeth. She wouldn't want to face that crazy man any more than she had to. And thankfully, the moment she had a chance, she was getting the hell out of here. Though even as she held onto the shadow seed, something else made her senses prickle-

Oh... was that... another seed? Remaining poised against the wall, she held her breath, wondering what the archer would do next while calculating her next move.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Brisinger987

OOC: Ok, awesome. I know where to go from here.

----------------------

Vincent looked at the floor, frustrated with himself.

Then he saw the small black item, picking it up, before deciding he needed to leave before the guards showed up. He took the quite route to the roves, climbing the walls themselves to reach the rooftops.

Then he began a rather leisurely stroll across the roves, trying to figure out his mistake.

visualspice

Vincent wasn't the only one that noticed something peculiar and black in the sands. Her face twisted in surprise, her breath held within her throat-

Had.. had he just found another seed!? This was preposterous! How could it be? It normally took her ages to find one, let alone a second...

And just like that- the sensation was gone- moving away, and quickly. Cursing beneath her breath, her eyes followed Vincent to where he had disappeared upon the roof top. Baring her teeth, she slipped into the shadows and moved about within the darkness, unseen, but kept her senses ever alert to where he was.

If he had a second shadow seed.. (which it very much felt as if he did)... he HAD to get it off of him. But how?
FOr now..s he was biding her time.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Brisinger987

Vincent escaped the guard's area of search, removing his mask, and found a place to sit in the shade, examining the object, confused. It was definitely odd.

It was unlike any stone he had ever seen, and was seed-like in shape.

He decided to get it appraised, floating from stall to stall to get it valued. Nearly all those who examined it called it worthless, but intriguing nonetheless.

He sighed, keeping it as a memento, and looking around for guards, before putting the mask back on.

visualspice

Iyla had been watching him like a hawk, her eyes never leaving his form and even making a mental note of what he looked like without his mask. There was no more hiding from her anymore, and as he went around- seeking a price, she found herself growing angered, but soon turned tepid as the shadows as she lurked- unseen.

Eventually, she caught him at the end of a one way street- cornered, and she, without anymore shadows to hop. So when his back was turned, she stepped outside, and she completely solidified in sunlight, and silently drew out a dagger from her side.

He'd feel the weight of the metal against the back of his neck.
"One move, I'll cut off your hair. A second move, and it will be your neck. Now... hand over that stone and I won't kill you."

Brisinger987

Vincent felt the blade against his neck, and kept a relatively cool composure.

"So you're a common thief. Have you ever heard of me?" Vincent sighed, pocketing the stone. He wasn't giving anything up to a thief.

"I have no stone. Leave. I sold it to a vendor." He lied, a calm confidence strong in his voice. He was confident this was just a random robbing. But something felt different. He thought he recognised the presence. The voice.

Is it that woman before, dogging me? If so, what relevance does a worthless stone have to her?

visualspice

Iyla didn't care what this person thought of her. Nor did she care if he thought she might of heard of him. She wasn't from around here anyway, but at his lie- she growled.

" I can feel it's on your person,"s he said, and let the blade clip off just a few hairs from his tail as she growled. "And you're trying my patience."
And luck.

And she was out of patience.
And he- very soon, of his luck.

Brisinger987

"You are clever. Very well. Take it, it is worthless. Although, if you are a criminal, no doubt you would kill me anyway. Because I promise you. I will look for you. I will find you..." Halford reached back into his pocket, taking out the stone.

"And I will kill you." Vincent held the stone out to her, ready to spin around and point an arrow at her face the instant she took it.

"So run, thief. Run."

visualspice

Iyla's eyes shifted to the desired stone, and she could feel her heart, it leaping and flipping inside her chest. She wasted no time in snatching it from him- and just before he'd get a chance to turn around and stick the arrow into her-
She'd be gone. And nothing would be behind him by the faint movement of a shadow as cast down from the animated motions of a nearby flag in the sun.

Down below, on a lower level of the city... however, Iyla was already pushing her way quickly through the streets...
She had to get out of this city, and fast.

Brisinger987

Vincent spun round, drawing an arrow, and becoming confused when she disappeared. Then his brain made a connection. If it had been the same person from before, then he connecterd one think she had said.

"Let's take the fight to the shade... A mage then. This is gonna be fun." Vincent pulled his mask back up, and ran up a building, leaping off the edge, and landing on a pile of hay he had memorised. Then he continued running, heading to the nearest gate. He knew that she would leave if he was going to be dogging her, and so he ran to intercept her at the gate, crossing rooftops, and bypassing the masses of people.

"We'll see just how magical you get when we get to the gate, and you get out of the city. Nowhere to hide out there."

visualspice

Iyla had no idea the man would be so persistent, but when she made it tot he city gates- she gave pause and peered back into the masses. Her red eyes stalked across the roof tops, and scoured through the bustling streets. But to pick one man out of the masses was impossible. She just hoped she had lost him.

Turning around, she adjusted her cloak around her person and turned towards the gates before stepping outside of the city and into the screaming, blinding desert light.

Brisinger987

Vincent had already gotten to the gate, and was hidden in the crowds, choosing an angle where he could examine stall wares, and see the gate. Then he saw her, and for a minute, thought she'd looked right at him. Then she left the city, and he followed calmly, and upon exiting the city, drew a single arrow and his bow, and tapped her on the shoulder three times.

Then he put his bow up and drew the string back, ready to fire the arrow into her.

"Hello again."

visualspice

Iyla turned around at the tap, and was taken back when the arrow was pointed right at her nose. She could have swore- maybes he did, but as she groped for the shadows, she realized one thing-
She had no connection to her power-
and that very thought did make her swear as her eyes narrowed upon the man but she said nothing as the anger inside her began to boil.

Brisinger987

"You've been a fun little game, running me round Essyrn all afternoon, but the game is over, and the winner is declared now. But I do say, that stone interested me. So, I'll make you a deal. Hand over the stone, and it will be quick and painless. Resist, and I will make it hurt." Vincent frowned, his bow creaking as he drew the arrow to full force.

They were in the desert, no shadows for her to hide in, nowhere for her to run. She fought, or she died.

visualspice

Iyla's eyes narrowed at the man's threat. She remained paused where she stood before her lips tightened into a frown.
"You're going to have to take it from me if you want it," she dared, eyes gleaming  in the shadows beneath her hair. And she was not about to go down without a fight.

Brisinger987

"Fine then" The bow creaked constantly now, and he narrowed his eyes.

"But why do you want them? I take it that the thing you attacked that other man for earlier was one of these?" He loosened the string slightly, so that he wasn't on the verge of snapping the bow with the tension.

visualspice

"What's it to you? I owe you no explanation for what I do," she growled through the clothe mask.

Brisinger987

"I'm curious. Because once I kill you, I'll take that second stone, and see what it's worth on the black market. Or, if your cause is just, I'll leave you to your business. But I need to know. You never know. It might save your life." Vincent waited for an answer from the masked person.

visualspice

Iyla's eyes narrowed. She didn't fear death nor care about his threats. She only cared for the simple black seed in which remained buried inside her pocket. Perhaps it was crazy, but the force, the draw- it was something she couldn't fight.

"Whoever said I'd let you kill me?"
And it was hard to tell if she was calling his bluff, or making one of her own. Either way, she wasn't standing down- and the arrow pointed to her meant nothing. She would kill for the seed. She would do anything to get it- and this man was NOT going to stand in her way!

Brisinger987

"Then please elaborate on why you're getting so protective over a stone? A normal thief would give up his prize before dying. Are you really that devoted?" He could see that she wasn't going to let this go, and so he decided he would give her some time to defend herself against his questioning.