Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Tricky Delivery [SanguineBlade][WickedBasket]

Started by Alegretto, February 16, 2014, 12:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alegretto

Viatrus slipped inside and hid in a small alcove by the door. He waited impatiently for the thief to return, starting every time he thought he heard a guard walk by. One eventually did pass, the guard taking over the watch, but the halfling was tough to see in the shadows of the recess, and his black cloak kept him from being noticed.

He was just starting to think that the other man had gotten lost, caught, or had abandoned him when he felt a tapping on his shoulder. He started in surprise, and then it was all he could do to not scream in frustration and rage. It was that blasted thief again.

The halfling slowly gained control of his temper. "So what did you find?" He asked when he was finally back in control. When he heard the other man's report, he nodded. "Alright. You lead and I'll follow a few steps behind. Don't vanish on me or I won't be able to follow you."

Codestar7

Keltros started off, in the direction of the stairs. He went as hastily as before. He led his hirer behind him to the second floor. Keltros explained how the carpet was being laid an this part of the building was cleared. Which was probably why his anonymous hirer chose this time.

"You take the door on the right, I'll take the door on the left. Tap 3 times if you found something."

((OOC, Keltros' door has the scratch.))

Alegretto

Viartus followed the man, taking note of the terrible smell from the corridor he was led down. The other man's explanation of the source answered why his employer had told him to do the job today, but it also opened new question. How did they know about the carpet? Why couldn't they just do this themselves? Still, it wasn't the halflings place to ask question, just to do the job.

They finally arrived at the corner rooms, He went up to the door on the right that the thief pointed out. He slowly and carefully opened up the room. No light spilled out form under the door, a good sign, but you could never be too careful. He poked his head inside, and didn't hear any breathing. The room appeared to be empty. He went inside, carefully closing the door behind him.

He lit a small candle from his pack, and used it to look about the room. It was abandoned. It was probably once a bedroom but by now it had been turned into a storeroom. He breathed a sigh of relief. This wasn't the room they wanted.

Codestar7

Keltros opened the door of the left hand room. It took a while to budge, but it finally swung open. What was inside shocked him. In the room, there was a fountain of blood in the center. There was also grass growing in the room. This was very strange. He closed the door, and went to Viatrus.
"The other room is the one we want. I recommend not looking inside, though, it is entirely up to you. It is the room we want. There was a tiny 'v' carved into the door in an almost hidden spot. This whole thing is weird. I'd do the job and get out of here if I were you."

Keltros looked in the other room, leaving Viatrus to do what he needed to. He found a locket in a drawer, picked the lock, and left with a handful of small gems.

Alegretto

((OOC: Literally a fountain :o)

Viatrus decided to take the other man at his word. He was the expert. He slid the envelope under the door and then turned to the other man. He didn't see him, though Viatrus was almost positive he was there. "Meet me in the abandoned shack two miles west off of the road heading north out of the city. To get there, turn onto the small path into the forest at the sign giving directions and distances. You follow that and you'll get there. You catch all that?" He didn't wait for a response. "Good. That's where the intermediary said he'd be waiting with payment. The meeting is tomorrow, be there or you're not getting paid."

The halfling turned back to the corridor and made his exit the same way he had came. Down the stairs, out the door onto the wall, and over the side. He left the other man to make his own escape. After all, he was the expert.

Codestar7

Keltros vaguely heard the other guy, but understood all he said. He would be there, he didn't come for nothing.

Keltros followed Viatrus' instructions, leaving early in the morning, as he was not provided with a time. Before arriving, he turned invisible, and entered the shack through a window. He was early, nobody was there.

Alegretto

Viatrus came up on the cabin. His intermediary never gave him a time to show up, so he just got here early. He opened the door, and discovered that he wasn't the only one who had that thought. He greeted the thief, and then sat down in one of the chairs in the run-down cabin.

And there they sat, for hours in uncomfortable silence. Viatrus was starting to doze, when he thought he noticed something. "Do you smell something?" He asked the other man.

Codestar7

Keltros sniffed about. "Yes. Yes I do. There is a change in the air, more musty."

Keltros knew not the source of this smell, and just sat, silent.

He finally spoke up. "What do you smell?"

Alegretto

Viatrus shrugged. "I dunno, it just seems familiar. You know? What was I doing when I smelled this..." The halfling sat in thought for a moment. The he slammed his fist into an open palm in a gesture of realization. "That's right, I was watching this guy I know make black pow... der."

He looked up at the thief for only a brief moment, and then the halfling was jumping out the nearest window.

Codestar7

Keltros sat, confused. What what the young thief up to? Jumping out the window in such a hurry? Keltros was greatly wondering what was going on. Clumsily and half tired, he crawled out of the small window frame, dropping one of his gold ring he acquired in his thieving in the castle. It rolled along the window sill and started to roll around. It was almost about to settle on the sill as Keltros grabbed it. It dropped inside, and Keltros started after it.

Alegretto

Viatrus saw the thief going back inside. He grabbed him around the waste and pulled as hard as he could. "You fool." He yelled. "The cabin is gonna expl..." He never finished the sentence.

The blast came from the front of the cabin, and fortunately they'd went out the back window. Still the shockwave took the building down and sent Viatrus flying.

Viatrus blacked out for a few moments, and when he came to the cabin had been completely leveled. He looked around. Where was the thief? He tried to sit up, but an intense pain ran through his shoulder. He looked down and saw a massive wooden splinter sticking out of it. Well that was probably better left where it was for now. He had to go. Whoever had blown up the cabin would probably be back to make sure it had worked.

Painfully the halfling got to his feet and made for the forest. He just hope the thief was fine. He was pretty sure he'd need his help to get revenge...

Codestar7

Keltros cursed as he was send flyin backwards from the blast. He was smashed into a tree trunk, but got up, only winded.
That fackin boy tried to kill me, thought the master thief.

He saw that Viatrus was out of it, and shoved a wood splinter into his arm. He dogged up the hill behind the cabin, hid in the undergrowth, and watched.

Alegretto

Viatrus set himself up behind a tree near the smoking ruins of the cabin. He armed his crossbow and settled in to wait and see who would show up to check their handiwork.

Codestar7

Keltros watched the younger thief hide, and waited, curious. A man dressed in only grey sauntered into the hut. He saw no evidence of death, and he cursed. He looked for a little longer. He had not yet discovered the hiding men. He exited the cabin, gestured, and leaned against the cabin door.

Alegretto

Viatrus watched the man in grey. That was the guy who paid his contracts! He mounted his crossbow on a notch in the tree and used it to aim. Sighted on the fellow's leg and fired his weapon. The bolt struck the man and he went down with a scream of pain. Viatrus ran out of hiding with his belt knife brandished.  He put it up to the man's throat before the fellow could properly react.

"Okay, what's going on!" He pushed the knife closer. "Talk!"

Codestar7

Keltros, seeing Viatrus' actions, leapt out of the bushes, rolled down the hill, and stood, watching. Viatrus had the man in grey reeling on the ground, clutching his leg. He tried to speak for a while but he could not.

Keltros stood, watching the entire situation. He was curious as to what the younger thief would do.

((OOC, generally the thread starter controls NPC dialogue, so I won't control him too much))

Alegretto

The man in grey kept his mouth shut despite the halfling's eat efforts. Neither threats of harm, near a slight drawing of blood elicited a response. He was out of his league here. He didn't know how to threaten information out of someone.

Codestar7

Keltros stepped in when Viatrus said nothing. He placed two finger on the mans wound, slowly grabbed the crossbow bolt. He started pulling, and it made a squelching sound.
"Tell us everything." Keltros demanded as blood started spouting all over the three men.

Alegretto

When Viatrus saw the thief he sighed in relief. "Thief, you're alive. I thought that explosion had done you in. I'm glad your here, I could..." He stopped mid-sentence as the thief began slowly puling the bolt out of the man's shoulder. The fellow screamed, and the halfling felt a little sick to his stomach. Still, the tactic seemed to be working.

The grey-cloaked man only lasted a few more seconds before caving. "I'll tell you anything, please just stop hurting me."

Viatrus nodded. "Alright, who do you work for that tried to kill us? And why after I've worked for him so many times.?"

The man was panting from the pain, but he spoke. "His name is Ulrin Derbish. He's a minor noble with land in South Adela. He's the one who you've been working for."

The halfling nodded, and then turned to the Thief. "You got any questions?"

Codestar7

"Yes. Why is he trying to kill us? Answer and we shall take our leave. We will go to South Adela. We will find Ulrin Derbish. depending on this freak's answer, we may kill them both. Answer me," Keltros demanded. "Why is he trying to kill us?"