Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Tricky Delivery [SanguineBlade][WickedBasket]

Started by Alegretto, February 16, 2014, 12:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Codestar7

"We should not return here for a while. A bounty may emerge from this little escapade. But let's not focus on that now. Ride, ride as fast as you can, I'll go on lookout. Be prepared for anything." And with that, Keltros fell silent, gazing into the distance.

Alegretto

It took a bit of bumping and bruising, but the wagon managed to clear the square without running anyone over, so that was good. Some trial and error saw them finally on the road south out of Ketra. Viatrus turned to his two passengers. "So how exactly were we planning on finding this place. Are we gonna stop and ask for directions?"

Wicked Basket

Gutztomp just went along for the ride. It was the job of the other two to do the planning. His job was to do the hitting. Let them figure out the who, what, when, where, and why. Gutztomp was getting paid to hit stuff, so that was the only thing he planned on doing.

Codestar7

Keltros knew the ork wouldn't help, but he also knew himself wouldn't help.
"That's up to you, but personally I think we need not directions, but just a guiding hand."
Keltros pulled out a scroll. "I found this in the cabin. Our enemy was stupid enough as to put a map of their location in the cabin. I know exactly where we need to go." Keltros smirked, rose an eyebrow, and awaited a response.

Alegretto

"Well that's convienent." Viatrus said. Then again, his ma always did tell him to never look a gift dragon in the mouth. You might get burned.

"Alright then Uon, you're navigating. You need to give me directions, okay?"

By the time they'd communicated this, they were already on the south road out of the city.

Wicked Basket

Gutztomp took out one of his axes and started sharpening it with the whetstone that he kept in his pocket. This was probably going to be a long ride, so he might as well make sure that his axes were good and sharp once they got there. Sharp axes didn't get stuck in things so easily.

Codestar7

"Okay, we make our way south, and we cross the river. We will need to cross the Terrin Mountains. If the horses cannot go through that, we may have to leave them at the mountains. We cross three leagues west of Zantaric. The abode of our traitorous target is near the Zantaric foothills. We will have to go to the Ford of Plenty ((OOC, made up name for the river area in eastern Essyrn, under Zantaric)). There will surely be clansmen on the way, and if they meet strangers, they will attack without question, no matter how royal or how strong. They ride in packs of two to two-hundred, so lets hope we don't encounter a group on the upper end of the scale. We may have to brave the Plains by foot, possibly even by night. But we will find our traitor, and find out why he betrayed us. We may rob his possessions. Gutztomp, you may be wondering what you will get out of this. You will get lots of jewels, gems and coinage, and you get to get the joy of killing barbaric horse-men. Any questions?" Keltros grinned, and swung his head between his two companions.

Wicked Basket

"I hope we find one of da bigger groups," Gutztomp stated.

Two to two hundred. He knew enough to know that two hundred was a big number. There would definitely be plenty fighting with numbers like that. The jewels, gems, and gold were nice too.

Alegretto

Viatrus' head got cluttered with all the info Uon was giving him at once. "Woah there Uon. I don't need all of the directions now. I just need you to tell me where we turn and stuff, okay?"

So saying, Viatrus turned to face the road and tried to figure out how best to flip the reigns so the horses would turn properly. He didn't actually do the act, but he visualized it as best he could. He was going to need to be as skilled as possible when they encountered those tribesmen.

And so they were off, their strange procession of three. Heading towards their destination, and towards whatever events interceded along the way.

((OOC: Feel free to have time pass here. We've gotta skip around a bit so they can get where they need to go. Oh, and do you guys want to end this thread and create a sequel thread in the Serha plains? PM me please telling me if that's what you want or not.))

Codestar7

((OOC, I want this to kinda be like LotR, like we are Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas (Viatrus, Gutztomp and Keltros). Lots of fun stuff happening on the way :D))

Time passed and the trio came upon the river. There was no other caravans in sight, so Keltros decided to suggest they stop, water the horses, and rest for a bit. "I say we stop for a while, give our paints some water, and eat ourselves." Keltros chucked a bruised peach to Viatrus, then one at Guztomp. He then bit into one himself, the juices running down his chin stubble, now growing from a lack of trimming. Keltros always grew whiskers when he didn't trim. Keltros spoke up "stop the cart, there's a good spot over there." The thief pointed to a shady spot where the crystal river flowed into an estuary. There the dun and mare could drink.

Wicked Basket

Gutztomp stuck the entire peach in his mouth at once and bit down on it. Some of the juice squirting out between his fangs from the force of his powerful jaws clamping down on the fruit. Gutztomp swallowed the peach without barely even chewing it, pit and all. He then tried climbing out of the wagon, but orks were less than graceful creatures. As he tried climbing out, he slipped and hit the ground with a loud thud as his massive form impacted the earth. Gutztomp cursed as he stood and then walked over to the river for a drink.

Alegretto

((OOC: This thread is now closed. It starts up again in a new thread, Seeking Payment in Full.))