Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

And So Our Paths Cross...

Started by AR_29, April 08, 2015, 05:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AR_29

Nothing beats a nice leisurely flight atop Pyrataes in the afternoon sun. Although making money was a close second. Pyrataes was a second sun as he, in all his golden splendor, glided across the sky tearing the air over the Kilanthro Mountains. A golden blur was all it was as Daeron held onto the reins of the beast, diving and gliding through the air until he reached his destination.

He and Pyrataes came to a stop upon a ridge looking down on a trolls lair," What are you thinking, Pyrataes? I think you've had enough practice for today. Take me down... I can handle this." And with a small spur Pyrataes dove down with speed unmatched down to the ground before flapping its wings before striking the ground softening the landing to a peaceful occassion for most excluding the loose grass and foliage pushed around.

He dismounted and began walking through the forest towards a ravine with Pyrataes flying in the sky above. He turned and saw a woman walking across the way, what must have been twenty yards from.

"Hey! Excuse me miss!" He began to rush over, stopping once he was in front of her," Be careful, miss. There is a troll in these wilds." He looked down, seeing her weapons and light armor,"Oh... Well I guess I didn't need to tell you that. Ser Daeron" he said extending a hand," Knight from Adela currently working as a sort of... sword-for-hire."

Aleron

Adaline raised an eyebrow. That innkeeper never said anything of another hunter, she thought. But, being courteous as she was, she nodded her head. "Adaline," she said. "Charmed." She did not pay not to his extended hand, and left him hanging awkwardly. He pursed his lips and placed his hand on his belt hilt. He nodded politely to what she said, though, mimicking her behavior, and looked her over. "I see you've come after this troll as I have," he said. She smiled, but did not reply. Instead, she wakes past him to a large boulder. His brow creased, but She ran her fingers over the surface, then sniffed it. It was rot with the scent of troll saliva. "Yes, I am. I've been tracking him all the way from Falial

AR_29

*Ahhh... I killer with a beautiful consious...*

Daeron rested his left hand on the pommel of his sword and pulled his cape behind his back. He laughed and began towards her, walking slowly and keeping eye contact as she looked back to him.

"It is a funny thing... I have heard that burdens are oft times better to share, and I am almost certain you wouldn't mind having a sword such as mine at your side. I am an experienced knight with a battle dragon to boot. Surely we can come to some sort of arrangement."

Aleron

"Ah, a Dragonmaster. Until now I have yet to have seen one in life, much less battle. But trust me when I say this, 'Ser Daeron': This troll is mine." She eyed the mysterious man, squinting her eyes. She noted his dark, long hair and passed judgement upon him.
Adaline returned to stand near Daeron, but stayed a good 3 paces away. "I doubt you know anything of this troll. I, for one, have been tracking it all the way from the foothills. I know it's species, it's smell, it's patterns. Even his name is my knowledge. I'd be damned if you knew half those things."
Her expression softened, and before Daeron could reply, she interrupted. Not by talking to him, no. She began talking to nobody. In a voice as quiet as the wind she murmured to herself. "Yes, yes. It does seem to require great skill to fly a dragon. But why would one ride a dragon? They are naught but demons of death and eternal burning... Well, I was only following what Kimbem said: 'never trust anybody'. No, I did not think of that. Perhaps you are right. But I should at least, wait. No, no, you are right."
She turned to him and stood straight, dignity shining from her as brightly as her steel light-armor. "I cannot ignore that you have kept up with the troll to this point, and it must take at least a certain degree of skill to master those...salamanders from Adela." She took a deep breath. "You are right. Another sword would help should the tides turn, though I must point out that they most likely will not. Just, 'Sir', please contain that beast of yours. I do not know where it is nor do I want to. Mayhap we can kill this wretched thing and be on our way."
With that, her mood changed suddenly. She let a soft smile slip and reached out her hand. "Split the spoils 50/50?"

AR_29

It took all Daeron's might not to leave a...less than pleasant response on her "salamander" comment. They were dragons. They were strong and noble creatures with the speed and strength more impressive than almost any beast in the realm. But... maybe he shouldn't get riled up over it. They were, after all, fire and death in flesh form.

"Yes...well, I prefer to think of me and my dragon as equals." he said taking her hand and shaking it," Fifty-Fifty sounds perfectly fine to me. Lead the way, my lady" he said bowing slightly and turning, holding his hand out in the direction of the troll's lair.

Aleron

Adaline smiled, tilting her head like a little girl. Her sudden change of attitude was at most confusing, but she provided no reason for it. Instead, she entered the lair cautiously. They tiptoed into the dark cave, Adaline delicately placing her leather boots on the wet floor. It stunk of decaying flesh, and scattered bones of all sort were on the cave floor. Adaline crouched down, holding her arm out to stop Daeron. She picked up a bone and examined it, tasting the tip. Her face cringed and she set it back down. "It's very recent," she gagged. "Perhaps a day or so. And the claw marks are very deep."
Daeron nodded, and Adaline stood up.
"This troll is unlike any other I've seen," she whispered. They proceeded until they reached the edge of the light. "It is black. Very black, like the night. It's eyes are green and it is twice the size of any human. The village way back calls it the Fûradrikt: Death in Darkness. I do not want to be proud, for I truly am not. But I must ask you if you are truly ready for whatever events will happen?"
As soon and she said this, as if it was a sign from the gods, a bloodcurdling, bone chilling groan came from deep within the cave. It echoed back and forth, as if it had come from a great cavern. Adaline cringed, and held onto the hilt of her sword. She remained undeterred, but behind her eyes a hint of fear emerged.