Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Welcome to Fort Dhagh

Started by visualspice, February 24, 2014, 01:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: This thread is a part of the mini-event here that plays into the larger, Connlaothian Civil War event here. Please post in the plotting thread for said event if interested in joining. This is an open thread with approval only- you can not just join this thread unless you've already discussed your character's position with me :) Thanks!

There is no posting order in this particular thread- just be respectful and I ask you to be at least active enough to post once a week so we can keep this thread moving and it doesn't go stagnant.
:)

THIS THREAD IS A PRE-ATTACK MEET AND GREET THREAD PRIOR TO WHEN THE FIGHTING BEGINS. Only soldiers and characters that would be at the fort prior to the attack would post here :)

Please familiarize yourself with the Fort Locations, as they will be mentioned alot here and should also be mentioned when your character moves within the fort to other locations within this thread.
[/size]

--------

Spring time was far from over, and autumn was too short for comfort. Too few crops this year and too early a frost had a lot of the Connlaothians worried about the winter. Snowfall never occurred this early, but it was everywhere, at least a foot of it- and it was fresh. The last time this happened, the winter lasted half a year- and that was before most of their times.

But work was work, and there was a war to be had- and General Serenus had found himself the next unfortunate sod to be stationed at the large, but prestigious Fort Dhagh that rested just at the foot of the Kilanthro's. The weather was even colder here, being so close to Hyoite, and like his men, he felt the irritation and early onset of fatigue from the snow.

The stable tower walls and east field tower walls still needed fixing. Both were still in their crude, wooden state when the fort was hastily built, and the stone masons and miners had been working around the clock to see all of the walls fortifying the place were tough and thick with new stone reinforcements.  But no one could have predicted this earlier winter, and a lot of the men were falling ill and could not work as long as they needed to- not in this biting cold weather. So the wall progress slowed to a crawl.

Though Serenus was growing older, he was the Grand Duke's best man- and though it was almost a slap to the face to be taken off the battle grounds across the kingdom and stationed here- he accepted it with pride. Perhaps it would do his old bones some good to remain stationed; and Fort Dhagh had a lot of appeal. Though it didn't stop some of the rumors for spreading as to why he was there- after all, it was almost public knowledge now that General Serenus had been saved by a mage healer- and that made a lot of folks who supported the Grand Duke worried.

Though it had never been said out loud, Serenus knew enough what was being said and knew this was punishment enough for justifying his open support of Solita, the healer- though it was not to his surprise when her presumed lover was also sent along north and stationed here as well. Killian Gryst had risen quickly in rank and favor with the Grand Duke- and was actually beginning his training as a knight when the rumors spread to the public. He wasn't sure who leaked that information, but he had a hunch Zannrick (possibly a man stationed below even him) was to blame. This could also be in thanks to the healing girl, who's fate, neither of them could foresee. She was in the Grand Duke's hands now- and that very bit of information was hushed. No one knew who she was her what she as doing- but Grand Duke Allarick had taken interest- and that was that.

With the cold winds blowing in, General Serenus was making his rounds along the Northern Wall, and had made it to the North Watch Tower when a familiar soldier caught his eyes.
"Ah, Killian, I see you're on night watch, hope you're not afraid of heights," he said, patting the younger soldier on his shoulder as he smiled. "See anything interesting in the forests?"

Killian, surprised to find the General approaching him, gave an awkward smile and laugh through a puff of white breath.
"Nothing to see yet, sir. Just forests and snow, more snow." The young man's blue eyes went out into the forests. The snowfall had just started but a hour ago and it seemed they were due for another foot or two of fresh snow come the morning.

"It's peaceful," Killian murmured, blue eyes wavering as they took in the sparkling flakes of white snow- They glittered and fell, much like the start dust that was normally evident in the night sky- but now it was fogged over by heavy clouds, yet the moon managed to break through at an opening and lined everything in silver.

"What brings you to North watch tower?" the soldier asked curiously as he looked over at Serenus, but the man said nothing at first as he smiled and patted Killian on the shoulder again.

"Just inspecting my new territory. With work on the walls delayed, I'm putting in extra effort for men to be stationed along the walls- especially those still of wood."

"How long do you think that will take to complete?"

The General shook his head, "Now that I can't say. You volunteering?" he asked whit a grin.

Killian laughed and turned his head bashfully away. "Not unless you want it to be done soon. I don't know the first thing about building a wall."

"Aye, not all of the men do," Serenus said sagely and gave a nod. "Well, keep up the good work soldier, and keep your eyes on the snow. If there'll be any sort of attack, it would be coming more likely from the west- so keep your chin up your still stationed on stone."

Killian gave an uncertain, breathy laugh but peered over at the General as he was walking away.
"What do you mean the west? Do you think someone would actually attack us here in this weather?"

The General paused briefly in his stride to shrug as he peered back at Killian.
"You never know, Killian. We're at war- and with the change in weather, men can get desperate." And with that, he proceeded to step outside of the tower and continued his rounds along the walls.

---------

OOC: If you want to run into Serenus, just let me know which wall you're running into him at XD other wise, Killian is stationed by himself at the North Watch Tower.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Anadwen

A patrol around the fortress' walls - or more of a slow walk in this weather - was one of the few duties for a man such as Mordred in this fortress. Snow was falling heavily on the hood of his grey cape, landing like a cover on his broad shoulders and gradually sliding off the cloak and armour as he walked forth. He wasn't cold at the slightest - not in this clothes, oh no. But the wind was blowing snow into his face and eyes, and that was more than irritating.

He moved closer to the wall to gain a little protection from the snow, and shook the snow off his hood, scowling at more white mess, dropping from the clouds. In his concentration at complaining about the weather in his mind, and wondering when this accursed snow will stop, he almost walked into another man.

He looked the short - at least when compared to him - man over, and crossed his arms on his chest. He didn't know who it was, but he appeared rather young. Mordred raised a brow, and let the hood slide off his head a little, revealing his face. What was usually just a thick stubble has almost grown into a short beard over the time he spent in this fort, and it gave him an even stronger, more intimidating appearance.

"You should go hide somewhere inside." he spoke eventually, in a far less hard tone than one might have expected from a man like him. "It's snowing."

Alegretto

((OOC: Nasin is a young man...))

Nasin hitched his cloak against the bitter cold as he passed by the East Field Tower Wall. He was sure the duty officer was out to get him, this was the third time in as many days he'd had an all day patrol in the bitter weather. Not that he didn't understand why though. Everyone seemed to hate the unfortunate boy because of the stupid rumors associated with him. He sighed. if only he could be back on the farm right now, helping his pa with the firewood...

In his reverie, he didn't notice the taller man until he was almost on top of him. He backed up and looked up at the fellow before quickly throwing a salute. He didn't know the man's rank but everyone was higher on the chain then him so saluting was a safe bet. He held the position until the man spoke, and then waited another moment to compose his answer before speaking. The look of concentration on his face and the time it took him to answer might have made him seem slow, but in truth Nasin just wanted to make sure he phrased his answer right and thought it through.

"I'm out on patrol, sir. I have another hour out here sir and my superior officer would be greatly disappointetedted [sic] with me if I left my route." He flushed, embarrassed with his stutter on the word 'disappointed.' He had only learned it recently (his education was a bit lacking in the vocabulary department) and he still had trouble pronouncing it.

Nascent

S C E N E   M U S I C
Grimm Fairy Tales

To some, snow was the color of innocence.

It fell upon the world softly, tiny shards of sky-stuff crystalized by the cold, blanketing trees and land and houses in a soft, comforting layer of pearlescence such that the world seemed almost transformed, a place where anything could happen and dreams took wing on the zephyrs of a cold night. It was a foolhardy, childish notion. The snow was no more innocent than the ground it fell upon, and it represented nothing more. Unlike the ground, however, the snow was slowing her down... and that, Kasna found affront at.

She had been en route to Fort Dhagh for four days, ever since completing her latest assignment from the order. The White Lily knight had been dispatched to perform her holy work by tracking and rooting out a cabal of outlaw mages who'd turned their unnatural talents to the task of blackmailing and extorting a local merchant family. However, when her task had been complete and the heretics lay dead, Kasna had discovered, much to her disappointment, that the 'blackmail' in question was the merchant's own son, a boy who was cursed with the fey touch of magic. The family, like so many others, had thought that if the boy never got his hands on a spellbook or made the wrong friends that they could keep their secret shame, going the rest of their lives without the stigma of a marked mage for a son and heir. Give people a little wealth and all of a sudden they think the rules no longer apply to them; it was a tragically common story, made yet more tragic when the parents were carted off to the jails for their crimes (which included bribing officials, apparently, and trying to bribe a Knight of the White Lily). That left only the son, who'd been promptly marked and, after the appropriate rituals followed, given into Kasna's care. There were no Mordecai available to take him to the camps... which had just left her.

That was four days ago.

Trudging along steadily, the reins of her horse in hand and a hooded cloak drawn up over her armor, Kasna at last had the fort in sight. On the horse sat the boy, tied into the saddle and wrapped in a heavy woolen blanket. They had slept little along the way to make time, the boy nodding off more often than not while riding to make up for it. As mage-prisoners went he had been one of her more compliant which, while it made the journey comparatively easy, had also made it dull. There was little to talk about that hadn't been covered within the first fifteen minutes of the trip so they had passed the time mostly in silence -- the child would, at times, sing hymns softly to himself for comfort and Kasna didn't see a reason to stop him. At least he had been raised in the proper faith, it seemed.

The fort loomed in the distance, its shape a dull outline in the falling snow. Kasna knelt quickly, thanking Ansgar for their safe arrival. Even someone as hardened and resilient as herself still needed to rest at some point, and the prospect of a simple stew and the comfort of Connlaothian foretress-walls appealed to her. They kept on until they reached, at length, the Front Gates and were stopped. When one of the soldiers standing watch demanded she identify herself she pulled back her hood so they could see her face.

"I am Kasna Vel Telshear, Knight of the White Lily and servant of his grace, Grand Duke Calent." The Adhara gestured behind her. "I have a new resident for the camps, Erwin Jastfeld of the town of Horold. He is a marked mage who has cooperated with me in bringing him here -- follow your procedures in that respect." Dusting the snow off her shoulders, she added. "As is to be afforded a knight of my order, I request lodging within the fort until conditions are right to travel out. And let the ranking officer know that I'm requesting an audience at his or her earliest convenience."

There was nothing innocent about the snow. It merely covered up the sinful stains of the world.

Anadwen

Giving the boy before him a short nod, Mordred crossed his strong arms on his chest. "Then continue in your patrol. Pay attention to what's around you... It might yet be of good use to you." he advised him, and passed by, continuing in his own walk.

It was getting dark. The snowfall grew harder and harder, covering the fort with its heavy white cover, which was beginning to frost over in the cold northern wind. Mordred wasn't too amused by that, but fortunately, his boots were heavy enough not to slip on the freezing cover of ice and snow that lay upon the ground. He walked towards the gate, occasionally frowning at the sky, and the heavy clouds that obviously weren't eager to let the snow stop falling.

He never liked winter. Winter was too cold, and too poor for someone to enjoy it - the food was scarce, roads frozen, and prices high. The snow wasn't half as good as it appeared, it was only a nuisance on the road, one that brought nothing beautiful, fair, or helpful.

There was someone at the gate - a rather small figure, most likely a young man, or woman, and a horse behind. He brisked up. It was far better to walk while talking, than to patrol alone.

visualspice

OOC: Just a reminder ana to highlight locations where your characters are in the post so it's easy to  spot out :3

--------

The General had done his rounds- and it was long and exhausting. But maybe he was just getting older. The cold air felt a lot harsher than it used to as he felt it down to his bones. By the time he was done, he was near the front gate- and wouldn't have even bothered to give it a second thought as he was turning his back to it and making his way up to the Keep for the night when a figure at the gate caught his attention.

He paused, curious to see who it was that would enter the Fort at such an hour, and after the men stationed there allowed Kasna through- General Serenus gave a grin. He recognized Grand Duke Allarrick's knights anywhere.

"Ah, Lady Vel Telshear, what a surprise to find you here at Fort Dhagh!" And he bowed gracefully before her. "So I see you seek a night's rest and some food. Perhaps some supplies before you return to the capital? That's easy enough. We always welcome our doors to the soldiers of the Grand Duke and what's ours is yours, my lady. Just let me know what you need and I shall fetch it personally."

He chuckled and offered her a smile, and began to lead the way towards the massive stone Keep that resided in the heart of Fort Dhagh.

"There's a few updates I'd like to inform the Grand Duke about- that is, my lady, if you do not mind the extra work to take a few scrolls back to Reajh for Allarick."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Nascent

"General Serenus." Kasna replied with a short but respectful bow that was more a slight nod than a full cutrsey. She knew the man by reputation alone, knew what the rumors said about him. Those, to her, were side details; so long as he served the Grand Duke faithfully then he was someone she would respect. If there was any real suspicion that the General had any kind of softness or disloyalty where mages were concerned he wouldn't have been given a posting like this in the first place. The Adhara wasn't the kind prone to rumors anyway -- she would judge the man as she did any other, with her own eyes.

Those eyes took in the snow-drifted fort as they walked. "A night, or perhaps more if conditions are bad enough. The word further south is that the winds are strong towards the coast and carry clouds heavy-laden this way. They say a storm may be coming, a bad one" Her gaze fixed on the still-wooden walls and other structures, making a mental note of them. "And I would have to agree."

"I'll gladly relay whatever you have need of, though my purpose here is chiefly to add to the camps." She reached into her cloak and withdrew a thin wooden cylinder, the kind commonly used to shield important documents against the weather. "The boy is marked and has cooperated; the parents, not as much. They thought bribery would stand in the way of Ansgar's justice -- it did not, as their jailors would likely agree. You'll find all the required documents are in order to pass the boy's custody along." She handed over the container, still leading her horse forward with the boy saddled atop it.

"I won't be requiring much -- whatever provisions are good enough for your men are sufficient for me also." The knight cast her gaze skyward a moment, watching the falling snow descend. "If the weather is good to depart tomorrow, I will need to ask you for a fresh horse."

"If not, I'd appreciate a posting on the duty roster for the duration of my stay." She paused, then added. "I dislike being idle. Or handled lightly. As a soldier I'm sure you understand."

visualspice

The General chuckled.
"But of course. I would never deny an eager knight some work." Extra wrinkles creased around his eyes as he smiled, and his eyes sparkled as he lead the way. His gaze shifted towards the clouds at the woman's assessment of the weather as he gave a nod. But he didn't ignore the fact she took note of the wooden walls.

"As you can see, the wall's updates have been delayed. Due to the weather, of course. Unfortunately, the men hired to work on the walls have fallen in- and with the men at half- and with supplies being as they are- the work to complete them has not been done."

He tried to smile about it, though it was forced, and a lump formed in his throat. He knew that wase an excuse-a nd he yelled at lesser ranking soldiers for less. Even still- he could only work with what he had....

When the pair approached the doors of the keep, one of the two soldiers on duty was assigned to take the prisoner into custody, and it was here, against the torchlight, he read over the official paper work briskly before slipping it into his waist pouch. He gave a silent nod to the soldier before gesturing him to be off.
"Send the boy off to Camp Hassfeld. I know there's a bed or two recently vacated he could take."

And with a salute, the soldier and the prisoner were off, boots crunching through the snow. But the General took note that the prisoner was staring up at the old stone tower, and he himself peered up at the lights burning in the window. He'd have to hceck on their prisoner later. And it was here the General returned his dark eyes back to the Knight of the White Lily.

"Well, let us sit down to eat- and afterwards, I can see what positions are open in our roster." And with a sweeping gesture, he waited for the lady to enter the Stone Keep first.

But the General and Lady Kasna were not the only ones entering the building. Killian's assignment at The North WatchTower had come to an end. Twelve hours standing in the freezing cold made for quite the appetite, and hungrily he waited in line to be served the nightly stew. To him- it smelled heavenly, and he was just happy enough to be getting something to eat. He didn't even care what meat it was, but if he had to guess- it smelled of vegetables and pork, and his stomach rumbled loudly.

Alegretto

Killian wasn't the only one who's shift was over. Nasin passed by the front gate for the last time of this patrol and stopped. His replacement was already there. The boy handed the other man his pike.

Wordlessly, Nasin passed by the man and went in through the gate. His boots made a heavy crunching sound as he walked through the snow towards to the keep. Once inside, Nasin went to his bunk in the barracks, and carefully laid his armor out on the hard cot.

From there he went to the mess hall, ready to pick up dinner. The meal was in full swing and it took a bit of time for him to get to the front of the line. Dinner was a delicious looking stew and a small chunk of bread and cheese. He looked for a place to sit amongst the soldiers. Most of the men were sitting amongst there home divisions, laughing and conversing with the men they'd known since their training days.

Nasin didn't have that option. He didn't really fit in with any if the groups, so he ended up sitting alone at one of the several empty tables.

visualspice

Nasin wasn't the only one alone here either. Though Killian was a quiet man- some of his.. reputation as a mage lover (which he could not deny- for he had become amorous towards a mage (and elf, none hte less!)) had followed him. ANd he mostly kept to himself. He knew where his duties lay...
But even he was uncertain what was right and wrong anymore.

Spotting a table off to the side with just one other solider, he pulled up beside it and inquired, "Mind if I sit by you?"

Anadwen

Mordred's shift has ended, and another mordecai has came to take his place on patrolling around the fortress, while the dark-haired knight went straight to the dining hall. He avoided the company of others, not eager to speak at all, and sat down by a smaller table on the side alone, staring down at his stew and nothing else, when someone sat down beside him.

The man asked him if he can stay... Mordred shrugged. "I don't mind." he replied, not giving Killian a glance, and picked up a spoon to pick the chunks of meat, floating around the small bowl, up. It was steaming with heat, vapor rising from its surface and spiraling up, carrying the delicious smell around the hall.

Nascent

"You needn't make apologies to me, General. You know the business of the Fort -- I'm merely a soldier passing through it." Kasna reassured him. Wooden walls were certainly better than none, and the threat of force that Serenus' troops presented was an even more effective deterrent than those... for the dangers inside the walls, at least. And with the snowfall, hopefully there would be no dangers from outside to present concern.

Hopefully.

His glance at the stone tower, which looked as though at one point there had been an effort to dismantle it, caused Kasna's eyes to track that way as well. She hadn't heard about the critical prisoner that was now kept within those walls, but just a look at it suggested the tower to be important somehow. Perhaps some sort of solitary confinement or isolation for particularly troublesome members of the mage population? She couldn't help a slight scowl at the thought; to Kasna, mages should either be penitent or dead... and, truth be, she didn't much care for the penitent variety either. The faith of the corrupted was always to be questioned.

Following the General's lead, the White Lily nodded appreciatively and stepped into the Keep, shirking her cloak and folding it under one arm after she was finally inside. It was a relief to be in out of the cold and the damp, and indoors the air was warm and scented with the promise of a good meal. Later, when she had the time and privacy, she would need to wring the damp from her gambeson and hang it to dry... though the idea of being unarmored with so many potentially traitorous mages around vexed her, it was necessity. She made a mental note to ask that the General be sure she was placed in the women's barracks, if there was one, or be spared a small room to herself if one was to be had. A While Lily's virtue was paramount -- she was no peep show for frosty soldiers, nor anyone for that matter.

At the moment she presented quite the opposite figure. Kasna passed into the torch-lit dining hall as a maiden of battle; with the cloak removed her armor and weapons were plain to see, glimmering silver in the firelight. The soldiers closest to the entrance went dead quiet once their eyes fell upon her, eyes that told of a certain sense of awe. It was not everyday one beheld an Adhara in full battle dress, after all, and it was clear that they were at once impressed and concerned. Was there danger coming? Had one of the mages warranted special attention? One of the men, hesitating, rose as if to salute -- Kasna interrupted him halfway with an open-handed gesture.

"Sit. Eat. All is well."

Alegretto

Nasin was eating quietly, still alone, when he heard something. Actually the absence of something. Conversation at some nearby tables had stopped completely. The young man looked up from his meal to beheld a breathtaking sight. A woman dressed in full armor was standing in the mess hall doorway. Long hair framed her impressive armaments, and an aura of violence rolled off of her person.

The men nearby her were completely quiet, and one of them made a move to stand and salute, but some words from her halted his action. Nasin wasn't close enough to hear them but he could see her mouth move. Obviously this woman was important, though The conscript didn't know why. He was from the countryside and had never heard of the Knights of the White Lily.

He stared for a moment or two longer, she really did cut a striking figure, and them went back to his stew. Ah well, whoever she was she had little to do with the young conscript.

visualspice

Noticing the type of armor Modred wore, Killian cleared his throat to start some idle conversation.
"So you're a mordecai? I..  I'm just presuming.." and he gestured towards the other man's attire, but before an answer could be received, another figure- one that astounded him, stepped into the mess hall of the keep, standing right at the General's side.

Killian's blue eyes went wide with awe. If one thing the fort had been lacking, it was adhara. And though mordecai were helpful, he had always wondered why the white lily's were used to sparingly in the war. But once the adhara told the men to calm and go back to their business, Killian dropped his eyes to his stew and gave a toothy grin as he picked at it.

"Seems the Grand Duke decided to send us another of his own soldiers."And he peered over curiously to Mordred. "Thgouh I thought we had another White Lily enter the camp barely a week ago- perhaps I was just mistaken." But he was not mistaken-for another adhara was stationed inside the Stone Tower where the duke of Turgall's sister had been kept. It had been a rather hushed thing, that a White Lily had been stationed there, but whispers began to fill the room- and Kasna might have over heard a quip here or there about another White Lily in the tower.

It was towards the line of men before the serving pot General Serenus gestured.
"Lady Kasna, if you wish for a meal, feel free to help yourself. I myself, am famished, but I have some paper work to attend to first. So feel free to make yourself at home here. I shall return shortly and I can show you to your room."

Anadwen

Putting the spoon down for a moment, Mordred gave Killian a short nod. "Mordecai and knight." he answered, with a hint of hidden pride about it. He would have continued eating, but when the astonishing figure of the White Lily entered, he dropped his spoon in awe again.

It was definitely not the first time he would have seen one, his sister was, after all, an Adhara just as well, but this woman was astoundingly beautiful, and even humble, quite unusual for one of such a high standing.

He returned Killian's curious gaze. "I've heard of her, too. Saw her passing, and my sister told me that she was supposed to do something similar, but they put there another White Lily instead of her. Much to my pleasure, to be honest. She's too young for this..." he explained, shaking his head. "I don't want her in this fort."

Mordred has always been maybe a little overprotective about Nill - but after all, she was his sister, and as he was strong, she appeared to him like a glass flower, fragile and soft.

visualspice

Killian smiled through a breath at Mordred.
"I bet your family is very proud to have two family members serving the Grand Duke."

Anadwen

"My mother's a barmaid, she doesn't really care much. As long as the business's going." Mordred mused, chewing on a piece of hare, till then floating around his stew.

"And my father thinks we kill and fight for naught..." His wide shoulders arose and dropped in a shrug. "Though they appreciate the money that's sent home."

visualspice

Killian went quiet. He sent the majority of his own wages back home as well, but his family always looked up to him and were proud and always worried.
"I'm sorry to hear that." It was a shame, he thought, to not have a family supporting you. He never really knew how lucky he had it until he joined the army- and his perspective on life began to change.

Anadwen

"My father wasn't originally Connlaothian. My stepfather, I mean. And my mother is still happiest when me and my sister return, rather than when we're serving!" he laughed shortly. His mother was terrified of mages, and was glad that her children were keeping order, though she was still more satisfied when they were at home, and his father, originally from Serendipity, didn't consider mordecais and adharas useful at the least...

visualspice

"Well she probably misses you," Killian told him through a smile. "I bet it gets lonely now that you're both away. What with your duties to the cause."

Tags: