Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Blossoms

Started by Anadwen, March 15, 2014, 12:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anadwen

The lights of the city shone brightly under the ink-blue cover of the night, drowning out the distant stars and pale moon, floating above a thin veil of clouds. They shone with many colors, from bright white through warm yellow, orange and red, poisonous green, sugary-sweet pink, to cold, clean blue, and wherever one looked was just a maze of those lights, gleaming in the dark.

It wasn't a particularly busy night, though it sure wasn't a calm one, either - in the end, it was summer, and even so late it was still warm. A tall figure passed through the door, panels of dim milky glass pulled open by a couple of restaurant employees that appeared so similar they could be twins just as well as clones. He, however, paid little attention to them.

With movement as graceful as if he was a mountain lion, not the elegant man he really was, he passed through the softly lit room, decorated very simply, but with visible style. The blossoming branches of sakura trees drawn here and there on the walls. Dark tables. Simple chairs by their sides, white tablecloths only partially covering the dark wood, which appeared even darker under the light from the few lamps on the ceiling, and a continuous white neon line around the bar.

Seiki sat down onto one of the barstools, which were all empty except for a couple, occupied by a pair of silently conversing people. He took his black jacket off, folding it in half and hanging over the simple line that formed the back and sides of the stool, and loosened the tie which held the high collar of his dark silken shirt up. The bartender approached him even before he was finished, bowing and handing him the menu. He replied to his greeting with his typical graceful elegance, opening the black book right after.

For the start just a simple meal, even after a long day he wasn't too hungry... He shifted into a more comfortable position, and watched as the bartender handed him his order only a short while after. Vibrant red pieces of salmon contrasted sharply with the white rice and black wraps, all laid out very simply, and topped with a small bowl of wasabi and a glass of sake.

His hands took the couple of smooth dark chopsticks, and he begun eating, slowly, enjoying his food.

pryatama aphrodite

Her exhale was lingering and silent. While the darkness behind her eyelids shone the green landscapes, grass in a gleam from a dying sun, the citescapes were much different. Lights in rows, placement in no specific alignment. She leaned over the cylendrical surface of the icy iron railing, wind and humidity confirming light rain as dense grey clouds rolled over the sky's. Nearly black had it not been housing both bright, and dim stars. Some, she knew, weren't stars at all.

She arched her hunched back in a casual stretch of muscles, before disentangling herself from the railing. Raven cloaked heels clicked on the concrete, only to be halted by the wearer, having come to a classy club. Describing it as admirable simplicity with hints of dressy fashion.

Onward went her pathway, straight for a certain bar. Waitresses filed in and out of milky glass doors to deliver immaculate service. This having been thought through expirience. Amaria approached, curtsying only once in reprocation for a gentlemenly bow. Her form gracefully slid onto a barstool, left hand reaching to remove a japanese cherry blossom from her hair. Curly chesnut brown cascading in a wavy fashion down her back as she politely thanked the tender for the presented menu. Raising to scan the chooses in no specific rush.

Anadwen

The chopsticks made a soft clink on the side of the plate as Seiki laid them down to have a drink from his sake, when the ringtone of his phone broke his chain of thoughts, and made him put the glass down in a similarly elaborate manner as that with which he took the black phone out of the pocket of his jacket, and put it by the ear.

Ah, the company again. A familiar voice addressed him on the other side, but unfortunately, in a completely wrong moment.
"No, sorry. I have already left, the next week beginning with tomorrow is my holiday. I'm sorry, I'm currently not available. I would advise you to contact my father, or one of my co-managers." he explained, his melodic voice silent, but loud enough to be heard closely by. A wisp of his silky black hair sled down his hand as he put the phone down, returning it to the pocket where it belonged.

And he picked the pair of chopsticks again, to put another small piece of sushi into his mouth. No, today was no day for returning to the company. After all, it was only an ordinary meeting where they demanded a presence of a manager - any manager, not him in particular.

He studied his surroundings, people that sat around, with his careful green eyes, while he continued eating with his usual elegance.

pryatama aphrodite

She went to work with both ordering, and retreaving a black toshiba from her handbag. A flash of navy blue leather. The clatter in the club meant nothing to her but a calming surround sound.

The laptop was placed, opened, and logged into before an irritable ping sounded. Another email from her editor.

She frowned, and pulled it to full screen. A short lecture on the due date for the last three chapters on her novel. "Yes. Of course I'm stalling to piss my company off..." she muttered, mind plunged into a state of controlled frustration.

Her fingers danced along the keys in a reply before she expelled a pent up exhale. Food then being presented. She dipped her head with a polite nod, and small smile before her chopsticks were obtained and put to use.

Anadwen

The ringtone repeated, and Seiki slightly frowned, putting the chopsticks down again. Who would be so persistent? They all knew that he was taking a week long holiday... He picked it up again, a different voice sounding from it this time, but with a similar request.

Turned down with a slight annoyance. He was in no mood to come to the meeting, but promised to reply to a company email by this evening. All contents of the meeting should be sent to him... How demanding. It surely meant profits, but all he wished to was to be already on the board of the plane, tomorrow in the morning.

He took his tablet, in design very similar to his phone, resembling its oversized version, out of the smooth bag that he put down by his chair. Lifting its case, a silent sound followed the screen that was lit with bright, cold light.

He glanced over his shoulder to the side, where a similar bright light radiated off the screen of a laptop, lighting a figure of a young woman. Alone? Well, that was no concern of his. Lifting his glass of sake with one hand while the other one handled the tablet, he leaned back a little. On evenings like this it was always a storm of thoughts...

Did he even come here to work, or stare? Or maybe something else?

pryatama aphrodite

A video call intruded on a reply being sent for a scheduled meeting with the director for her novel's developing film. She frowned deeper, and realized her mistake when answering it. "Amaria. Why haven't I got an email on the chapters?"

"I told you. I'm on the boarderline of completion. And your constant bother is delaying my work."

He angrily huffed, and eyed her with beedy brown eyes. "Next week, it's due. I prase you for being early in updates."

"Maybe, just maybe, I may need the entirety of the time to reflect. Don't say a dam thing to me unless you contact me on behaf of your becoming jobless," she snapped. "Connara corporation needs workers with dedication. Don't make me bring your hatred for your position to the forefront. Good day."

With that, the video call was cut short, leaving her scowl. Her irritation soon faded back into relaxation, or some form of it.

She took note of illumination to her right, coming from a tablet, with its occupant finely presentable and buisness like. She caught his eye only breifly before popping more sushi into her mouth, and closing her eyes to savor its taste.

Anadwen

The email arrived. A sigh escaped Seiki's slightly parted lips, and a few grains of rice dropped from the chopsticks as he clicked on the icon. All that was currently happening on the meeting noted in the message, however, none of that was something new for him. After all, he initiated most of this.

Not too eager to reply, or somehow contribute to his meeting, his thin fingers went down from replying into opening another tab, and simply browsing the internet for fun.

The voice of the girl to his left didn't escape his ears. He examined her more closely... An attractive fellow at that. He was feeling generous today.

He gestured the bartender to come closer. Ordering sake for her, he gave him a soft, confident half-smile, assuring the man that he will pay himself. The uniformed man took his now empty plate, and proceeded to place a bottle and cup of sake in front of Amaria, without any notion from where it comes.

"It has already been paid for. Enjoy." he wished her, bowing, and leaving again.

pryatama aphrodite

A bottle of sake was applied at the bar to her left, and the tender assured her of it being payed for. She raised a finely penciled brow, slender fingers wrapping delicately around its cylendrical surface. She read the label, and set it back down, grabbing a glass, and filled it halfway. Sipping it leisurely as she worked to decipher the report from her literary agent.

All the while wondering who would've paid for the sake. She assured herself of the gesture being kind. And not something suspicious. Though, shevwished to delve a bit deeper into the subject at a later date.

She sighed silently, a clicking sounding as she opened firefox and logged onto a writing website. Updates streamed in from her latest anime fanficton, all positive with requests and suggestions thrown in the mix. All causing a smile to be  summon on her glossy lips.

Anadwen

Discreetly winking at the woman, Seiki continued browsing what he currently had opened on his laptop. His hand slipped into the knot of tie, and loosened it even more than it already was, unbuttoning the two top buttons of his silken shirts, while the fingers of the other danced across the keyboard, writing his house staff to pack his luggage for tomorrow with specific contents of his bags.

While he held the sake with his left hand, he opened yet another site. All of a sudden, a loud music blasted out of the tablet - roaring guitars, loud, beating drums, accompanied by deep, growling vocals. His eyes widened for a moment, realizing he clicked the wrong thing, and closed the tab again. A few heads turned after him - it was unexpected to hear loud hard rock music from a businessman, but they turned back again shortly after.

He kept eyeing the girl with the corner of his eye. Seiki Naohiro Adachi was bored... And when he was bored, he was determined to have some fun. In the end, the blast of music may have worked in his favor.

pryatama aphrodite

She sent numerous message, rapid fire judging by how fast she was typing. She sent a particular message, and pulled up facebook.

Now, she was one social butterfly, and she agreed to many forms of entertainment, concluding to outbursts if necessary. This time was a bit different. Simply because men of buisness have stereotypes assigned to them. Such as their liking for classy music, as opposed to heavy metal and electric guitars.

Her head turned halfway to glance at the owner of the tablet who, yes she caught it, winked at her earlier. For now, she setled for turning away, and smirking slightly.

Anadwen

His bright green eyes met hers, as he returned her glance with a confident half-smile. His hands closed the tablet's leather cover, and returned it to his bag, right before he sled off the chair and stood up, walking over to the other side of the bar.

Walking so closely to the bar stools as he did, he accidentally made something slip from the chair the girl sat on. A jacket?

He bent over to pick it up again, and handed it to her. "I'm sorry. This must be yours." he spoke.

pryatama aphrodite

"Thank you," she said, tone melodic as her accent slipped completely. Causing the eruption of what was heard as the queen of england. Yes, she's a lovely brit. "Greatly appreciated, love."

Her index finger went to remove, or at least minimize the webpage. A frozen image of her latest fanfic, and all around unproffesional for the CEO she was.

Anadwen

Seiki shrugged softly, his hand slipping back to his side. Love? How... Interesting.

"No problem." he replied, with the same grimace, which was hardly more than the corners of his mouth turned up a little. He sighted the page on the screen of her laptop, but didn't mention it, his bright green eyes instead sliding to her face.

pryatama aphrodite

As he was looking to her, she was typing the last of the email to her all around impatient, inconsiderate son of a-... editor. Her expression in a state of concentration.

Sooner rather then later, she signed out, and shut the lid, muttering about the idiocy of her crew. Amber ringed autumm iris's then came to meet an intense green gaze, the lighting in the area as it was was dim, but it danced across his eyes, like firelight would cross hers.

She opted for casualties, but merely held his stare with a confident one of her own, half smiling.

Anadwen

"Hopefully you have enjoyed the drink." Seiki mused idly, nodding his dark-haired head towards the bottle of sake he has sent to Amaria. It was obvious that she's already drunk some of it, but he focused on her eyes, maintaining his calm, cool expression. Pretty chill for a businessman at that.

"I find the sake at this particular place quite good, to be honest." In an attempt to casually start a conversation, which appeared to work well, he softly tilted his head aside, and moved to her side, instead of standing behind the bar stool.

pryatama aphrodite

She smiled a bit more, having then found out it was the finely behaved man of buisness who had so generously bought the bottle of Sake. The reason for such remaining a mystery. Dammit. So close, yet so far from the conclusion.

"Indeed, it is quite delectable. The wine division in my company holds this in a high ranking. I never knew why 'till now. So thank you," she said in the process of shifting to face him rather then the bar.

Anadwen

Seiki's smile widened a little. "With pleasure. It was just a random feeling of ecstatic generosity." he shrugged, laughing lightly. "I have always appreciated a fine drink, with a delicate, refined flavor such as this. Not that many know how to enjoy them the right way."

Quite an interesting woman, she seemed intelligent and well-mannered, judging by her speech and general behavior... Although she appeared somewhat young.

pryatama aphrodite

Her laugh was light. Half air, half sound. And it was short. "Indeed. I do hope I am not doing it wrong," she exclaimed, enclosing the wine glass's side in her slender fingers, and tipping it back partially for a short sip. Before reapplying it to the bartop.

Anadwen

A chuckle was the reply he gave her. "Any way in which you find things enjoyable is, by me, at least, considered right." he admitted.

"Mind me asking for your name?" he questioned her, casually, but his voice was silent.

pryatama aphrodite

"Amaria." Her name rolled off the tongue nicely, as it always had when it was spoken. Even by the raspyest of nen ir woman, her title claimed her charm. "CEO of Connara Incorporated."

She would do so much as a bow in addition to confesion, though, would refrain from asking for his name. He would present it at any given time he chose, and she was that stubbornly suspicious.