Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hell or Highwater [M]

Started by visualspice, March 21, 2014, 11:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

She laughed softly.
"I would hope we wouldn't get that drunk." Her smile broadened. "We're not children anymore." And there was a sad look as she considered all that lost time.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"Maybe it's time we acted like it.  We spend so much time moping and mourning.  Maybe we ought to have a little fun."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Attie smiled and stole a kiss to his cheek.
"Yes," she found his hand, giving it a squeeze. "It's not like we have anything to lose. Come on," and she moved to pull him towards the door.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"All right!  I'm coming!"  Dragged along behind her, he kept step and even shut the door quietly behind them.  Going into the bar, the sounds of merriment were loud and raucous.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

The atmosphere was a nice change of pace, and Attie tugged Merric along at the sight of two empty bar stools.
"Here, this side of the bar looks clean enough and hey- two seats together," she told him with a smirk, and moved to pull out one for him. "Please, take your seat, mi-lord," she teased, holding the seat for him all prim and proper.

Lion

"Why thank you.  You always did know how to make me feel like a lady," he smirked and scooted himself in.
  "I don't fancy sitting at the bar, but I'm okay with it for now.  So what will we have?  This is your plan after all."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Oh, but its your coin. Maybe just some ale. Something awful tasting." And she ordered as such while taking a seat beside him. Smoothing down the clothe of her lap, she sighed and found herself smiling.

Normal. She would love to have life return to normal.

Lion

"I have a wonder. Why must a gentleman always pay for food and drink?" Mercuxio asked nudging her gently. "Is it because I'm so devastatingly handsome and charming that you need more time to focus on my beauty than worrying about the tab?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She smirked.
"I like that excuse."
She drank most which was poured as she sighed and drew fingers down her cup.

"I can safely say I did miss your face," she said quietly, eyes hidden behind a loose hanging of hair. Her lips itched into a smirk.
"Handsome or ugly." Her smirk grew.

Lion

"Oh? Is that really how you feel? Because I went out of my way to go and look for you in the cold and the unknown.  Huh!". He made a noise of mock disgust and turned away.  "And here I thought things were going so well. I mean, you have only gotten a few more crow's feet around your eyes, and liver spots on your hands."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"And here I thought liver was your favorite meal," came her counter, along with another hearty drink. "And crows, your favorite bird."

Lion

"Okay, okay. I deserved that," Merric sighed. "I'll pay for the food and drink. Because I am a gentleman. And you deserve a decent meal.  Maybe I should've hunted and cooked something for you instead."  He chuckled and nudged her side. "Attalia. I know you'll be okay."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She smiled a little, but it faded. She was starting to feel a little tired. Perhaps it was because she was trying so hard to not to let her scars get to her. She had survived. Wasn't that something within itself? Even still, she took stock to more of her drink and let it soothe her as she sighed. But then she was wearing that smile again.

"You were always a good hunter," she mused.

Lion

"Only with my father's hounds.  And a proper bow. The ones in the army are fire kindling," he mused with humor.  But it was lost from his eyes. Instead he put his arm around her shoulders and frowned.  He didn't want to voice his worry, so instead he hugged her quietly and ate his meal without protest, even if it was a disaster.

"We should get on the road again as soon as possible."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Attalia sighed. He was right. They needed to move on. But no matter how she thought of it, she couldn't see a future. Perhaps whatever dreams she had had been robbed from her in the bowels of the church. But it was strange. She couldn't even imagine just a boring walk down the road. And even if she began to imagine the worse... her thoughts would be deterred, or rather, she'd try her best to avert them. She was tired of living in nightmares.

Lion

Somewhere between their sighs and reminiscing, Mercuxio had his arms wrapped around her, riding Titus again and moving on once again down the road, toward an uncertain future. It was resolute, must be done, and although he wished he could go with her, he couldn't. Too many things here and now kept him chained, and although he wished it weren't so, the promises he made, the oaths he kept, they were the ties that bound.

Somewhere in the quiet of travel, Mercuxio paused, pulling Titus to a halt.  "Someone is riding up toward us," he muttered, and gestured Attalia to look up.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She looked onward, but despite seeing a figure, there was a strange sense of peace about her. Surely if it were trouble, and from just one man, Merrick would protect her. It would be like the days of their past. She shifted beneath him.
"Strange thing.. a lone rider."

Lion

But even just one figure was reason enough to give Mercuxio pause. He pulled Titus up from the side, and his hand held tightly to the mace beside him.  He adjusted himself within the saddle and wrapped an arm around Attalia firmly.  One lone rider, in the middle of a war. Sure it couldn't be anything dreadful, but Merric wasn't going to take any chances.

"Whoa there!" the voice called out from afar.

As it came closer, it became apparent that it was a male, blond, mid-30's, and he pulled the hood back from his face. The colors began to be familiar and an arm raised above his head, waving at the pair. Merric felt his stomach drop and he held his breath.

"Luc....Lucian!" he called out to him, and nudged Titus forward. "Attalia, that's Lucian. My old friend!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Although Merrick seemed relieved, Attalia only bristled at the use of her name. Friend or not, she did not know this man, and she instinctively sunk in against Mercuxio's side.

Lion

Lucian rode closer and dismounted when the distance was little more than ten feet.  He grinned sharply and approached quickly. "Merric, my brother," he muttered and held his arm out to him, which Merric clasped with eagerness.

"And ....who is this?  You're not scared of me, are you darling?" he murmured, grinning, and looking her over.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn