Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I Think I'm Falling For You

Started by visualspice, March 28, 2014, 02:11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

It seemed Maya's distress was lost on the man, his full focus was on her mother now as he continued to scribble down this and that, while keeping a very open ear and trying not to admire her mother's dress. But it had been ages since he had been graced by a proper Essyrni. Perhaps it was time to return to his homeland for a bit- though the changes that have occurred since his time still left him a bit sore- for he wasn't stupid enough not to see the decline of his people, and inwardly, he was very bitter about the whole ordeal.

But whatever thoughts or tangents he was on were lost the moment there was a scream, and in one swift motion, the long legged man stuffed his papers beneath his arm and bound up the steps, two at a time before throwing the door opened and coming to a sudden halt, for there before him was the young lady of the house, heaped nearly to the ceiling with layers of her wardrobe on top of her. A puzzled look screwed across his face as he hesitated at first, then crossed the distance to the woman's side, using the tip of his boot to lift up the now limp clothing before he put out a hand in a gesture for Maya not to move-
and there he stood, knees bent, legs apart, and dark eyes scanning the room most meticulously from where he was nearly stepping ontop of the fallen young lady. And he had yet to explain himself, say a word, or even offer her a hand to help her to her feet (considerng when he barged in, whatever livelihood had animated her clothing had ceased) so now he had to wonder if this was an act of the 'other worldly creatures' he could sense in the house or....

It was here he glanced down to the woman.
"Forgive me for my intrusion, Miss Lekari, but your shrieking- was it caused by a faulty wardrobe or were you just indecisive, for I am having a hard time deducing if this was an attack by the super natural, or simply a loose nail in the wood." Because as he looked- the nails now were loose, and from a quick observation, it would appear as if the clothing just fell out, rather than attacked her!

But being a man who did not rule everything out so easily, he'd figure he'd ask the source.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

Maya soon found herself entombed in clothes, and though she struggled and flailed and cried out, she couldn't find a way out. But then there came a light in the dark, and Maya blinked owlishly and looked up as the edge of her clothing-cave lifted, revealing Lord Amalin's face.

Trembling with fright, Maya shoved at more clothing and struggled to sit up, her eyes a glossy with panicked, unshed tears. "I was attacked, you idiot!" she cried, voice a little shrill to her ears, and pushed another dress out of the way. "My wardrobe! It just burst open and the clothes flew out and I was attacked! My bloody dresses attacked me! I think they were trying to strangle me!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Raising a brow, when she went to move frantically he put his hands up suddenly.
"Miss Lekari, please stop! I can not examine this fresh piece of evidence with you flailing about! Now if you could please... when the clothing first came out and attacked you, take that position... if you would."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

Maya had just started to get herself untangled when she remembered what she was wearing.

Or rather, what she wasn't wearing.

She was dressed only in her chemise, one that was dangerously close to sheer, and Amalin was demanding her to...take WHAT  position?!

"What? How dare you!" Maya slapped at Amalin's hands and grabbed up the nearest dress, holding it up against her chest protectively. "I'll do no such thing!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Amalin released a sigh through his nose.
"Miss Lekari, not helping me with this request now may very well withhold the evidence I need to help solve your family's problem." And what was she doing with that dress pressed against her? Of course he hadn't noticed what she was wearing, but naturally, he'd be staring at what she'd be covering herself with!

"And please realize you should be safe from harm. These clothes are obviously dormant, and if they attack again, you'll have my aid."

Rhindeer

Maya's glare was venomous.

With an indignant huff, she rose to her feet, still clutching the dress to her chest, and stared at Amalin. "Fine! If you must know, I was standing here like this," she said, turning to face the wardrobe. "Only I was...ahem...likely bent over more, considering I'd just taken off my dress!"

visualspice

If Lord Amalin was affected by her current dress, he made no note of it as he went about, scribbling something down on some paper. Then he went about, measuring the distance from her to the closet, then back again from the wardrobe.

"Intriguing..." he said, lifting up a crumpled Essyrnian garment that had been singled out from the rest of her things. While the entire wardrobe, most presumably Adelan in fashion, was now leeched all around her in a limp pile of clothe, the sheer black fabric of the more exotic tayloring ability had either flown out of the mass, or was discarded. He continued to lift up the dress, examining the sheer fabric in the daylight- looking with a scrutinizing eye for any clues.

Rhindeer

"Be careful with that!" Maya barked as he lifted up the Essyrni dress--which was probably silly, because he was being careful, and the wardrobe had been rougher with it than he had!

"That's an import. It was very expensive!"

visualspice

"Miss Lekari, I must inquire if this was an outfit you were going to select to wear, or if it was our spectral pest that had cast it aside. It's important in helping me figure out what clues are relevant. I'd hate to waste time looking into something of no use."

Rhindeer

Suddenly, Maya flushed, because in her annoyance she hadn't realized how sheer that particular garment was. And Amalin was asking her if she'd planned on wearing it? With a sucked in breath, she snatched it from his hands.

"Of course I wasn't going to wear this! This is private attire! I was going to wear this," she said, and snatched up another Essyrni garment--a colorful robe of very light fabric that hung off the shoulder, though this one was opaque, and thus decent to be worn around the company of others.

visualspice

"Then I'll hold onto this dress for further inspection. It's either by coincidence such a garment was cast aside from the rest when you were attacked, or- it could be another important piece of the puzzle." Glancing around the room he tried to see if there was anything of note, and noticed something peculiar on a book shelf as he crossed the room and wiped his finger across it, and stared at a strange white powder that he rub away between his fingers.

"Interesting.... I think it's safe to say we're dealing with ghosts. The question is.." he said with a sigh, looking around. "How many. And what kind."

Rhindeer

"Hold onto it? For how long? I do hope you know if you damage it, I do expect a replacement and--!"

Maya cut off, looking to where he was rubbing a strange substance between his fingers and talking of ghosts. Her eyes narrowed a little. "What is that?"

visualspice

Amalin gave a sigh before he began to explain.
"It's spectral dust. Though to the naked eye, it appears just like ordinary dust, however, the difference is this is left behind by those who have passed on. It's like the finger prints of the wandering spirits. You normally find this sort of dust in crypts or tombs, as spirits tend to frequent those territories the most- but this.... Well, this is where things get tricky. Because to get an amount of this dust, you need to have a hell of a lot of ghosts to conjure it. So... the only thing to deduce is that we're dealing with several very fiery spirits. And don't think to your family's cemetery, it has nothing to do with those who walk unseen in your home."

And that's when he paused a moment from where he was writing in his book to notice something over on the wall. Stepping over towards it, and into the closet, he leaned in to further inspect it and "hrmmmed."

"Very interesting.... Miss Lekari, are you aware there's a door in this room?"

BUt naturally, if one were to look- it appeared as a single, solid, ordinary wall.

Rhindeer

Maya shuddered at the description. Many spirits? Ghost dust? Or maybe...did this have anything to do with her great grandfather? Was his spirit perhaps walking their halls? Oh gods! Maybe he'd be angry with her after she'd crashed into his grave! He'd been a stern man from the stories she'd heard of him, so...

But before she could give voice to her concerns, Amalin spoke up, and Maya's thoughts came to a crashing halt.

"What? A door?"

Moving closer to Amalin, Maya looked around him to get a look at what he was looking at, and saw...nothing. Just a wall. She lifted an eyebrow and pursed her lips.

Was he fooling with her?

Crossing her arms over her chest, Maya let out a huff that sent a strand of her hair flying. "No, I wasn't, because there is no door. Unless you're talking about the obvious door that leads into my room, then yes, I was aware."

visualspice

"It's not an average door, Miss Lekari," he went on, sounding a bit annoyed before he sighed and continued to look the wall over. "It's an active door... one that can let spirits in... and out."
He turned to Maya sharply. "You'll have to remove yourself from this room while I work on a ward. Though I still need to inspect the rest of the house before I proceed. There might be other door ways, other links to the after world here. Though if that's the case, I'm wondering what  I might find in the basement. I bet they'll be a few curious things indeed."
And taking his book and stuffing it under his arm, he strolled out of the room and began to make his way down another hall.

Rhindeer

"A spirit door?" Maya repeated as she followed after Amalin, letting out a scoffing laugh. "Really. That sounds a likely story."

Though she believed in spirits, and had reverence for the gods, it was in a more abstract way. She could believe there was something spooky going on in their home, after getting clothes thrown at her, yet at the same time she carried a deal of healthy skepticism. Spirit doors--in her room!--sounded a bit far-fetched. And even the dust seemed like a stretch. How was he to know it wasn't just dust?

It had been a while since those shelves had been dusted.

visualspice

Lord Amalin gave a snort.
"Miss Lekari, please, I don't need a patronizing woman following me. I've been doing this for years." Too many years for her to even believe, not that it mattered to him. A job was a job, and who knew...
Any job he took in this particular line of work could get him a little bit further to figuring out his own curse. Speaking of which... he only had so much time to spend here before... well.. it would be his time of the month. But he pushed that thought aside and studied the next two rooms with interest, but growing irritated he came out empty handed, he turned and went down the hall again, this time disappearing into the library.

Ah, now this was more like it. Though the place had a lot of excessive dust, he could still spot the other sort among the normal kind. And even though he was growing a bit impatient, he smirked a bit and went to work studying one of the long rows of books that were shelved against the wall.

Rhindeer

"Patronizing woman? I'm not being patronizing. Just skeptical. Skepticism is healthy, is it not? And anyway, you're in my home, and my home is apparently infested with spirits, and I was attacked, so don't I have a right to watch? To make sure the problem's being dealt with?" Maya said as she followed him into the library.

"Besides, you don't know where everything is, or what all the rooms are. You wouldn't be able to find the basement on your own! This is an old house, so it's tricky. I can tell you all that, though. After all, what you really need is a guide."

visualspice

"I don't need a guide, thank you," Amalin went on with an annoyed sigh. "I've been around long enough. Besides, did you already forget I just found a spectral door? A door even which you and I'm sure your entire family were unaware of?" he asked, not even bothering to look at her as he continued to study the place.

Rhindeer

"Hmph. Maybe so. But I was just viciously attacked by spirits, so I think it's best I stay within your sight. What would happen if I wandered away and was attacked again? I could be in my room, and you could be in the basement, and you'd never know until it was too late!"