Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

I Think I'm Falling For You

Started by visualspice, March 28, 2014, 02:11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"If these ghosts aimed to kill, you'd all be dead by now. So they're either very horrible murderers, or you're all just very good at evading them." With a sigh, he continued onward, long legs carrying him across the room, "And besides!" he went on, voice echoing, "I heard you scream the first time, I'm pretty sure if you were in the next city over, I'd still be able to tell if you were in trouble."

And here he paused, realizing just why she might be so antsy, as he finally turned to look her full in the face.
"And Miss Lekari, you have no worries about your safety. As long as I am here, you and your family will be safe." And with a nod, he went back to crossing the massive room to where a set of staircases lead up to the second level of the library, and soon he was entering into narrow halls full of tall shelves of books.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

Undaunted, Maya kept pace with Amalin and followed him right up the stairs.

"Hmph! I'm getting the distinct impression that you, a guest in my home, are trying to dismiss me! In my own home!" she said, hands on her hips.

"And whatever you say, I still feel a lot safer closer to you. Those ghosts assaulted me! Even if you can hear me far across the house, by the time you get to wherever I came, it could be too late. So fat lot of good that would do me! And what if I couldn't scream? Imagine if that ghost had thought to cover my mouth with a dress and then bury me in clothes! I could be smothered to death and no one would know!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

With another sigh, the man went on to 'protest', "Miss Lekari, when was the last time you ever heard of a story where the damsel was strangled by her own clothes? It's simply not how these spirits work- unless.."
And here he ran a thoughtful thumb along his chin. "Well, I suppose some spirits could be more clever than others."
And without so much as a second thought, he turned from her and rounded the bend, and upon finding a long rung ladder, he began to ascend up against the wall of books.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

"Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean I couldn't be the first," Maya said as she scurried after him, pausing only at the foot of the ladder as he climbed up it.

She furrowed her brow, head tilted in puzzlement. "Where are you going?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

As if the question were of no consequence, Lord Amalin simply replied, "There is a lot of dust."
Though it was hard to tell if his words were directed at her or not.

Rhindeer

"Well, yes, dust happens in libraries, usually," Maya said, wrinkling her nose. And then she paused, a sudden thought striking her.

"Is this real dust or ghost dust?"

visualspice

"Shall I applaud you for figuring that out all on your own?" he told her, though it could have been in jest, there was definitely some distaste in his voice. "Really, Miss Lekari, what other dust would I care for?"

Rhindeer

Feeling distinctly mocked, Maya glared up at him. "You don't have to be rude about it," she said, hands on her hips. "Not all of us are used to this sort of nonsense."

visualspice

"Yes," he sneered, his voice still mocking. "Consider yourselves fortunate." But the last part was said a lot more eagerly as his eyes came upon something and he reached for a book-
But the book reached back for him- whacking him in the face and he was seeing stars. Immediately a hand went over his face as he jerked back on the ladder, and before he could confirm what damage the book did to his nose, it came at him again- and brought about one hundred books with it.

Raining cats and dogs would have been more comfortable than this, for the sharp corners of thick books beat him pretty badly. Thank Hakeshna he hadn't let go of the ladder, but he didn't have to, for the shelf of books beneath him were the next to come out- and come out with force. The entirety were thrust at the base of the ladder, and with an 'oof', Lord Amalin felt the ladder slam into his form, and with a creak, it suddenly stood up right, and for a moment, all he could do was hold on as the ladder went over backwards.

And down... down... down the ghost detective did fall.

Rhindeer

Did the book just...hit him?

Before Maya could fully register that, or laugh out a, "told you so!", suddenly it wasn't just one book, but hundreds descending upon him.

And beating him.

Maya let out a scream of terror as the scene quickly went from funny to "oh god it's going to kill him!" but before she could do anything else, like scream for help (and who would help?! He was the ghost expert here!) or flee out from under the ladder, more books came out and hit the ladder, sending the man toppling backwards. Maya screamed again, and--

Everything went black.

The next thing she knew, she was laying on her back beneath crushing weight that smelled of dust and mustiness and the vague scent of perfume.

And everything was still black, and there were hard, painful things jabbing into her from odd angles. Maya tried to move, but found she couldn't, entombed in darkness and...something slightly squishy atop her.

"Amalin!" she whimpered, and struggled to move. Was she buried in books now?! Had they fallen on her, too?! First clothes, now books! "Amalin! Get over here and HELP ME! RIGHT NOW!"

visualspice

The squishy thing ontop of her happened to be Amalin's butt. Somehow the pair had become entangled int some sort of book war and somehow-t he 'ghost hunter' had thrown himself ontop of her- but most unceremonisouly so.

With a groan, he moved around, his face now to Maya as he grit his teeth in pain.
"I am helping you, Miss Lekari!" he huffed. "What do you think I just did? Threw myself at you to make love to you on the library floor?" And with an angered growl, he rolled his shoulders to push off the books ontop of him that were poking, rather harshly, into his ribs.

He took another moment to shove away the books ontop of her before offering her a hand, his hair a disheveled mess about his face- but then again- so was hers.
"We might need to investigate these books later. THey're a bit irritable right now," he went on, pulling her to her feet and making a most soured expression about their ordeal.

He was hurt, evidently so, a few cuts here and there, the most noticeable on his forehead- though instead of blood, a tickling trickle of sand was seeping out frm the wound.

Rhindeer

Maya flushed red at that comment. What an absurd and vulgar thing to say! But she held her tongue, if only for the fact that he was currently digging her out, and far be it for her to stall his progress! She just wanted out! Out of the books and out of this room! She hated books, anyway! Horrible, dusty, violent things!

When he offered her his hand, she grasped it and hauled herself to her feet. She wasn't hurt, really. A little bruised, but she was otherwise okay, if disheveled. And dusty. With a grimace at the state of her dress, which was covered in white powder, she stepped over the books, grasping Amalin's hand tighter when they shifted beneath her feet and had her stumbling.

"The books art irritable?" she repeated, looking up at him incredulously. "Don't you mean the ghosts are...ah..."

She trailed off, staring at a point on his forehead.

The point where his skin was cut open, but sand was coming out instead of blood.

She stared for a long moment, slowly registering what she was seeing.

And then she let out a blood-curdling scream.

visualspice

Before Amalin could reply, the woman was screaming and he winced back, gritting his teeth. He thought for sure she had broken his ear drums (if he could have them broken, that is), and looked at the woman and all around before grabbing her upon the shoulders and giving her a shake.

"Confounded, woman! What was that scream for!?"

Rhindeer

Maya couldn't respond. Her eyes were saucer wide, her lips parted, and all she could do was point a trembling finger at his face. "Y...y...your..." She couldn't even say it!

visualspice

Growling most irritably, he simply followed her gaze and raised a hand up to his forehead. Feeling the sands, he cursed.
"Gods be damned!" he said, pulling out a kerchief from his inner breast pocket. "I'm bleeding!"

Rhindeer

"Bleeding?!" Maya couldn't help but squawk, still staring at him in horror. "Th-that's not blood!"

visualspice

Lord Amalin gave an irritable sigh to keep his face from flushing at her reaction as he smoothed back his hair and kept the kerchief pressed over the wound.
"Yes, I'm more than aware it isn't blood, Miss Lekari. Your perception is phenomenal. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have an agitated ghost to deal with who thinks she'll get away with clobbering the help."

Rhindeer

Maya hopped in place, unable to contain herself, and frustrated that she couldn't get her words out properly in her shock and surprise.

"It's SAND!" she said, once again pointing out the obvious. "Why is it sand?! And why aren't you worried about this?!"

visualspice

Lord Amalin sighed- growing impatient with this.
"Really, are you so sheltered and uneducated, Miss Lekari? I thought better of you. Surely you realize not all blood is red, and all waters are liquid. Not everything and everyone in our world is the same. Take what plague you house, for instance. Ghosts aren't exactly dead, nor are they alive- they're stuck in between. But they exist, whether they show themselves spectrally or not. Now I don't possess blood, yet I breath air, same as you- the way I bleed is just... different," he said with a shrug. "Now... about these fallen books.." he peered down at them then up at the empty shelves.
"I suppose we can leave them here for now. I want to see what else is up there." And he moved towards the book shelf, fixing the ladder and beginning, once again, to climb it.

Rhindeer

"But humans all bleed red!" Maya said as he began to climb the ladder like a crazy man, not yet ready to drop the subject. "And animals! Not even bugs bleed sand! What are you?"