Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Mindshifter Hospitality [Rhi] [M]

Started by DaGlobster, April 05, 2014, 02:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Yun laughed and reached around to return Han's smack with a swift, sharp one of her own. Then she dodged out of the way in case he retaliated and turned to start leading the way, picking up her pace into a jog.

"C'mon, slow poke!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

Han did indeed retaliate, and he missed her ass by a hair's breadth as she dodged out of the way. He groaned with mock frustration, before jogging along after her.

"So, do you remember our cover story?"

Rhindeer

"Uhhhhh..."

Yun slowed from a jog to a slow trot, her brow furrowing at his question.

"...Prooooobably..."

Another pause.

"...Not. Uh. Refresh my memory? I think all that fuckin' knocked my brains 'round too much."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

"It's alright," Han said, and patted Yun on the head.

"Storm forced you off the road, you ran into Sightweed and got lost, I found you and guided you back to civilization once you recovered, and you convinced me to sign on as a herbalist and doctor for tbe Warriors."

He smirked at her.

"Maybe we should take it slow next time. Heaven forbid you get anything important fucked outta you."

Rhindeer

Yun rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out Han with a loud, "Pfffft."

"A lot's happened in just a coupla days! Can ya blame me?" she said. "Alright, right, I got it this time for sure, though. I mean, it's like...actually not much of a story? That's actually kinda the truth. Easy peasy lemon squeezy, I got this."

And she grabbed Han's hand and tugged him along, marching toward the city sprawling out in the distance. Not much longer. And while she'd miss her time out here, and her freedom...

Damn was she looking forward to some real food.

DaGlobster

"Woah, hey!" Han said, and let himself be tugged along like some kind of giant, magical dog. He was both excited and completely terrified at the same time. When he remembered he had Yun with him, though, things didn't seem so scary.

The thought of an actual bed brought a light flush to his cheeks.

"Jeez, you trying to rip my arm off?" Han joked as he kept pace with Yun, squeezing her hand tightly.

Rhindeer

"I'm tryin' to get ya movin', slow-poke! If your arm rips off it's 'cause ya ain't goin' fast enough!"

Over the little ridge they went, and then down, following along a trail cutting through the jungle and leading straight into town--which, even from a distance, Yun could see was bustling, even if the distant shapes were tiny and blurry like ants.

DaGlobster

Han let out an exasperated sigh (although it was more to tease her than anything else!) and he kept pace with her, walking alongside as they got closer and closer to the city.

"I ain't a slow-poke!" Han laughed.

Rhindeer

"Sure are. I could beat ya at racin' most days, I'll bet," Yun said with a lift of her chin and a cocky grin.

Before long, though, the jungle gave way to the city proper, and Yun guided Han toward the city gates that were wide open, the road already crowded with carts and people from outside villages going in to sell at market. Yun wove her way between them, guiding Han by the elbow, and soon they were inside the beautiful city of Suna, with its buildings both ancient and new, and its rich plantlife that not even the city could keep out.

"Welcome to Suna, Han!"

DaGlobster

"Well, I don't hear you complain about speed when we..."

Han trailed off as he took in the city, watching the bustle as people moved about every which way. He was right, in the sense that it was both awe-inspiring and scary, all at the same time. His elbow tightened around Yun's, and he smiled.

"...fuck."

He looked to her.

"We made it, love."

Rhindeer

"Yuuuuup!" Yun chimed with a beaming grin, delighting in Han's fascination. Or was that maybe a little fear? She squeezed his arm.

"Little overwhelmed?"

DaGlobster

"I mean, I had an idea in my head, but... It looks nothing like I thought at all," Han said, putting a hand on top of one of Yun's.

"It still kinda looks like a jungle!"

Rhindeer

Realizing abruptly that they were almost holding hands, Yun gave a start and let go of him. "Sorry," she whispered. "Just, uh, just remembered we'd better start pretendin' we ain't, y'know. Together."

She folded her arms behind her back, feigning innocence, and began to walk again. "Yeah, city's kinda cray like a jungle. Not as quiet, though. Sure ain't quiet at the dojo, neither, most of the time, but you'll see. We'd better get there, they'll have food and stuff there, but much as I'd like to show ya around...I shouldn't keep Kuan waitin' much more."

DaGlobster

"What? Oh!" Han said, and he started in quite a similar way, trying to make it look like they were just a pair of travellers, and not lovers.

Which was hard!

He looked to Yun as they walked.

"What's she gonna do? Kill you twice?"

Rhindeer

"Probably!" Yun said, throwing up her hands. "There's some shady necromancer types on the loose out there somewhere so she could probably kill me, hire one to bring me back, then kill me again."

DaGlobster

"Damn!"

Han laughed.

"I was thinking more along the lines that she'd find her way into the afterlife and kill you there, but I guess that works too!"

Rhindeer

"Jeez, that's twisted! Makin' me double ghost dead! Where do double-dead ghosts go, anyway?"

DaGlobster

"Uh..."

Han shrugged.

"Ghost-heaven?"

Rhindeer

"Isn't heaven already ghost-heaven though?" Yun said, brow furrowed.

DaGlobster

"Well, no," Han said.

"I meant like heaven for heaven. If you die and go to heaven, and then you get killed in heaven, you go to ghost-heaven, because it's heaven for ghosts that die."