Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Get Him Out Of That Den [Open on invite]

Started by Anadwen, April 07, 2014, 10:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anadwen

(((PM me if you'd like to join.)))

"Don't you know about anyone... More suitable?" Nill hissed at the bartender, uncomfortably twitching on her chair. Her arched brows furrowed a little when she frowned, lifting her glass, and taking a drink from the sweet fruit wine inside. The man copied her frown, but his bushy face was far from the beauty of the pirate.
"Tha's right, I don't." he nodded, and turned his back to her for a moment, just to hand a full jug of beer to another customer. She crossed her legs, and peered into the drink.

"I could pay... In better things than money, too." Her voice was low, and her lips twisted into a seductive smile. The man raked his grey hair, but shook his head. "He's a lost case. Jirai's an ol' nutter, and yer not gonna help him. Such a pretty lass can sure find a better one." He gave her a grin of his rotten teeth, but only made her pull back in disgust.

"Eh, thank you for help, anyway." she mumbled, and sled off the chair, taking her drink to a further table.

Someone had to get Arthfael out of his crammed den he so proudly called a shop, or he's going to rot away in there. But it appeared that she was not enough for that... Well, then who was?

DaGlobster

Vel walked through Jin'ta, looking around as he crossed all four of his arms in front of his chest. A lot of people had told him Jin'ta was worth visiting on its smell alone, and he struggled with this concept. Mostly because he couldn't smell, and even if he did, he doubted the smell of seafowl droppings and slightly decomposed fish would appeal to him. He had just come from Connlaoth, having dropped his newest acquisition at his "home base" (a pocket dimension he stored all his worldly posessions in). With him on this particular day, he had his violin, which rested in a case that was clipped to his back.

Vel decided he wanted to sit down somewher, so he opted for the newrest tavern. He was nervous, he had to admit. If any of the things he heard about these kinds of establishments were true, he would have to watch out. Someone might steal his legs out from under him.

As he approached it, the sounds of tagerngoers were made apparent, and he paused for a moment, bolstering hinself, before entering. He paid no mind to any stares he would recieve, and instead walked over to the bar and sat down next to a rather beautiful woman, ignoring her presence and ordering a mug of water. After a few exchanged odd looks, the bartender left to fetch the water.

Anadwen

Nill's gaze was pulled to the stranger that sat beside her almost immediately. What an unusual creature... It looked more like a machine, rather than something living. And it had - oh dear! - a violin on its back.

She gave it, unaware of its gender, a wide smile. "Hello there! I see you've got an, erm, instrument, huh? Mind to play something? I'd order you a drink if you would!" she offered. Actually, it was just an excuse to start a conversation. Who knows if this weirdo couldn't get Arthfael out of his shop?

DaGlobster

Vel turned his head slowly to meet Nil's eyes, the thick, cloudy soul energy it was filled with  swirled mesmerizingly as he considered his answer. He was fortunate that he didn't have actual eyes, or she would've noticed him looking her up and down. He stayed quite for a few brief milliseconds, before speaking up. "Play my violin? Of course!" He said, all four of his arms reaching behind him and meticulously unpacking the violin in an almost hypnotically complex process that no creature with less than four arms could do. The case popped open, and inside was a beautiful violin. The wood was maple, and along its length there was intricate gold leaf designs depicting the inner workings of machines.

There were some things added to it as well, things that would allow someone with four arms to tune it more precisely and allow for more complex melodies. He took up the bow in one hand, the violin in three others, and begun to play.

It was a complex melody, but beautiful at the same time. It was precise and sharp, but slightly upbeat. Masterful in its construcion, elegant in its execution, it was clear Vel was a master.

Anadwen

As he started to play, Nill clapped excitedly. Now this was more fun! This guy was incredible... And an idea came to life inside her head. Such marvelous play could maybe awake even her friend!

When the song ended, she immediately reached after one of his arms. "You play beautifully. I'd wonder if you... Don't play on... Request. I could pay, off course, if that's needed." she asked, moving a little closer to be able to speak quieter.

DaGlobster

Vel set the violin down on his lap, listening to Nil. As she talked, his glass of water came, and he took a rag that was hanging from his belt and dipped it in the water. He wiped the front of his glowing orb and the area just under his neck. When she reached over and grabbed one of his arms, he tensed up for about a second, before relaxing again. He wasn't exactly used to being touched, even after all these years. Especially since he was one of the fhe few machines that could feel it. "Payment shouldn't be necessary, unless if you had a...complicated piece in mind." He explained, leaning against the bar and retuning his violin.

Anadwen

"No, not really that complicated." Nill assured him. "But the person I'd request it for is quite eccentric. You may have to be careful to play the right piece, otherwise he'll disappear and won't talk to you again." she warned him.

She reached up for the scarf over her shoulders, and softly pulled it a little higher over her tanned arms, giving Vel a look that was provocative at the least.

DaGlobster

Vel wasn't sure what this woman was trying to get at. He was pretty sure that she was attempting to seduce him, but she seemed like the sort that did this often. He idly held his violin in his hands before standing up of of the bar stool, returning it to its case. "I've got nothing better to do at the moment, so I suppose I'll play for your.. eccentric." Vel said, locking his hands together. "Take me to him." He said, and gestured for Nil to lead on.

Anadwen

Nill gave him a soft smile. "I'll explain you on the way." she assured him, and sled off her chair, leading Vel out of the tavern. Her hand nonchalantly tossed a few coins to the bartender for her drink, and she walked out into the night.

"Have you ever heard of Jirai Iaranase?" she asked, a spark of curiosity glinting in her eyes.

DaGlobster

Vel repeated nearly the same motions as Nil, sliding off of his stool, reaching into a chest compartment he used for petty change, depositing a coin in the empty water mug, and stepping outside. He couldn't feel the coolness, but he could tell it was a calm, fairly breezy night. Nil spoke up about Jirai, and Vel paused to think. He came up blank, and shrugged his shoulders. "This is my first visit to Jin'ta, so I can't say I've heard of him. Sounds like a local to me." Vel said, crossing his arms.

Anadwen

"He has a little shop in one of the backstreets." Nill explained, and led him through the mesh of streets, twisting and turning. They became narrower and narrower with every passing minute, till they found themselves in a courtyard between the houses. A small girl was sweeping up the ground.

Nill walked over towards her. "Hello, Urari. Is Jirai there?" she asked her softly. The girl nodded. "Boss is sleeping inside. You'll most likely find him under the table." she replied silently, nodding towards the entrance of the shop.

A large sign, reading 'Iaranase Shop' hung above the door. "This is it, sir... Sorry, do I know your name?" she raised a brow, turning at Vel.

DaGlobster

"My name?" He said, pausing for a moment. Every time he met someone, he had the chance to change his past. To shake off the label given to him by Master so long ago. "My name's Vel." He said, cursing his words in his mind. He couldn't help it, it was how he was made.

"So, what songs does this Jirai fancy?" Vel asked, leaning against a nearby wall.

Anadwen

"It's a pleasure, Vel - the wonderful musician," Nill winked at him. "My name is Nill. This girl over here's Urari, she helps out in the shop."

At his question, she hesitated. Really, what songs did Arthfael like?

"Something fast, wild, maybe even playful. But not too dance-like. Do you know anything like that?" she replied after a while.

DaGlobster

Vel thought about which song to play. Fast, wild, playful...He didn't know anything wild, but he could certainly do playful. It's not like he only had one song to play, he could always try out a few. First, he took his violin out of its case, and tuned the strings tight, like a fiddle. He looked around for a bit, before snapping his fingers. "Bass, I need a bass..." He muttered to himself, and he balled up some magic in his hands and shot it towards the floor. A small black vortex appeared on the ground, and a large bass flew out, Vel catching the large string instrument by the neck in one hand and the bow in another. He tapped his foot against the ground, and a spectral drum appeared. The swirling energy in his orb head coalesced into a woman's face, and he laid the bows against the strings, and the drum prepared himself.

He began to play.

Heather Alexander: The Faerie Queen

Anadwen

"Wait, wait! Stop!" Nill interrupted him. "You can't play yet! What do you think, in the middle of the street? We gotta go inside!" She grabbed one of his arms and pulled him into the crammed shop.

The inside was dark. A single lantern burned under the ceiling, shooting rays of light around, while underneath it was a cone of dark shadows. In that sat the legendary crazy shopkeeper, Jirai Iaranase, as he was called, on a small heightened space behind his desk. His wooden sandals were before him, and there was a pipe between his fingers - a very thin and slim one, creating a stream of smoke, rising up.

He looked up at them with his uneven eyes, coated in shadows. "Welcome! What can I do for you? Need some service, folks?" he greeted them, sliding off the step, and into his shoes.
"We have a service for you, Jirai!" Nill cheered, and nodded at Vel.
"Play!"

DaGlobster

Vel was visualizing the song in his mind, and was about to start playing when Nil broke everything. The woman's face vanished from his orb, and the spectral drum faded. Begrudgingly, he followed her inside with the bass and the violin in his hands. He regarded the old man with a lingering nod, and prepared his performance again, reforming the drum and face. The song came back to his mind, and he started tapping his foot to form a beat.

This time, he really did start playing, and the music started flowing.

((Just use the link to the song in my previous post, too lazy to repost it :P))

Anadwen

Arthfael's eyes widened with wonder, and the hand with a pipe sank down. This music was beautiful! How amazing... His mouth twisted into an amazed grin.

Nill gave him a wink, and with gestures told him that she got Vel to play this for him. He nodded, jokingly puckering his lips up as if he was to kiss her. She smiled back, and poked him into the ribs with her elbow. It was apparent that they were old acquaintances, if not more...

DaGlobster

With a masterful flourish, Vel finished the song. The woman's face faded away, along with the drum. He took a moment to release the tension in his mechanisms from such arduous precision. He let his grip on the bass and violin relax, and a sigh escaped a vent on his side. "Well, is your friend satisfied?" Vel asked, and he leaned on the bass.

Anadwen

"Amazed to say the least." Arthfael grinned, answering instead of her. "You play beautifully, mister."
"That's a yes." Nill joked. One of his arms appeared around her shoulders, and they laughed at each other.

"Only heard someone play so nicely for a very few times..." he admitted.

DaGlobster

If Vel could blush, he would. He rubbed the back of his head, looking around. "It was a pleasure. It's only so often I get to play." Vel said, bowing. Although he had no eyes to glance around with, it was clear he was focused on Nil.

"So...What's the story between you two? If you don't mind me asking, of course." He said, pulling down his segmented wooden hood to fully expose his orb head. He started nervously rubbing his hands together, producing a quiet scratching noise as he did so.

Tags: