Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Tears of the Niafi

Started by visualspice, April 17, 2014, 11:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Oh!" Persea made a noise of excitement, a hand going to her chest. "Had he, or you, ever traveled there? To Serendipity?"
She had only heard such things about the kingdom, but nothing more than paintings, stories and word of mouth.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Attila raised a brow at her, surprised at her genuine interest.  It was his turn to blush and his smile was sheepish.  "Yes, many times when I was a boy.  Before things became more troublesome over the years," he said softly.  "Serendipity is beautiful.  It is so decidedly....green!"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

"Yes! So I've heard! The library here has a beautiful tapestry of the mountains and the hills side, so green.. it makes even the jade and emeralds be put to shame!" And it was only then she realized, through her gush, what she was doing, and found herself leaning forward in her short throne and now,s he was moving back into it as she delicately took another sip of the wine, then another.
"Do you no longer go there?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Attila fixed the belt of his sash and cleared his throat.  "No I'm afraid I have not been able too in the most recent years.  A regrettable circumstance to be sure," he said with a small frown.  "If you ever have a chance, you should make it a point to travel there."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Persea's eyes danced at the idea, but as quickly as the light was there, it began to fade.
"I... am sure it is lovely," she said, clearing her throat and taking the goblet to her lips again. "But regrettably, it would be unwise to leave my country in a time such as this."
Where there have been threats with snakes..
and now not only are her own people upset with her, the slaves, it seems as well! Oh, Hakeshna! Give her strength! And she found herself idly clutching to a necklace she wore, and taking another sip too many of her wine. She knew she was a light weight, and keep the airs of being a delicate drinker none the less, but this man, this whole situation had caught her off guard, and her nerves, normally so well concealed, were becoming so painfully visible.

But she would not be the weak link. Her father had been such a powerful man, and had mentioned that one crack could cause an avalanche, and she did not want to be responsible for the true downfall of the position of the Shah.

Lion

"Does something trouble you, Your Grace?" Attila asked, leaning forward.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"I.... No! I mean, I just.." she blew out a sigh and stared down at her goblet before peering over sheepishly at Attila. "I suppose I am still a bit nervous from the snake." And after admitting such a thing, she quickly steeled herself, recalling she had to be a picture of perfection. "You, and the snake, that is, caught me completely off guard."

Lion

Attila furrowed his brows, his eyes softened in understanding.  "I would be pretty nervous too if a snake came that close to striking me.  Tell no one but, I had fallen into a snake pit once when I was a boy.  I was terrified of them for years.  But I learned I couldn't go on with the rest of my life being afraid of them.  When you hesitate, the serpent knows you will never raise the courage to strike first, probably never.  But when you  stare it in the eyes, dauntless, and hold no reservations, the snake knows only one of you will survive.  Likely you more than it."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Persea stared at Attila in wonder. What he said made so much sense, she felt almost enlightened for it. And perhaps she was. A few veils not yet removed from her childhood seemed lifted, and her expression softened to more of one in peace. Giving a nod, she smiled towards him.
"A very wise tale from a noble man," she said, raising her drink in his honor. "And a blessing from Hakeshna." And to her lips the goblet went again, and she was finding, she liked very much this confidence the drink was giving her, so she had another sip and moved to refill her glass."Care for some more wine?" She asked, while a slave filled her cup.

Lion

"I'm afraid my goblet is still very much full, so I am content, thank you though," he nodded and raised his cup to her and took one more, small drink.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Yes, of course!" she said with a blush, dropping her gaze to her own drink as she, only now, when she was feeling the buzz from the alcohol, began to contemplate this decision. But she was Shah! She was Hakeshna's wings, her blood, her vessel. Yes, she could very well do no wrong.

"So are you married?"

Well... that wasn't exactly what she had in mind, but it just came out- just like that- and perhaps it was his eyes or the way he had done his hair...

Or you know, this damned, powerful, but delicious Serenian wine. But even after realizing how forward it might sound, she still kept her ground, even though behind the mask she wore of indifference she was screaming..

'Oh my goddess, oh my goddess, oh my goddess, did I really just ask THAT?!

Lion

My what a pressing question.  And why?

Attila remained unperturbed however if the question caused him any ruffled feathers.  "No. I'm not," he murmured and sipped his wine, savoring the taste.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Persea's curiosity perked up, though she should not let herself appear so... excited. Just because a handsome man was available, did not mean she had to leap at the first opportunity- not that she knew what she was doing anyway. So while the excitement of her age sparkled in her eyes, her face still remained composed.

"Ah, that is good," she said as evenly as she could. "For a wife after such circumstances would surely be anxious for your return." And delicately she sipped more wine, keeping her slightly drunken state more or less maintained.

Lion

Attila caugt that gleam in her eye and he allowed the end of his lips to twitch slightly in a smile. He raised his goblet to her and took a sip.  "Indeed it would be unwise to wed in these times," he agreed.  "But my work takes me wide and far across these lands.  I'm sure my wife would understand any reasons for my absence."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"I'm sure it would be trying on any wife. To have her husband away so. That is.." she then added, in an after thought. "Unless she were to be allowed to travel with him."
The idea of travel was almost to foreign to her, like some magical journey just out of reach. So it was genuine interest she show cased here to be sure.

Lion

Attila's eyebrows went up and used small sips of his wine as intervals between questions.  "Life on the road is trying to anyone, especially those less familiar with the lay of the land.  Unless a wife is committed to refrain from nagging him with endless complaints, I'm not so sure most husbands would agree with letting them come along.  But I'm not married, so my opinion is moot at best."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Why would a wife nag?" she asked most seriously, not seeming to grasp the stereotypes given to women, or rather, wives.

Lion

"I assume it's because they care about their husbands.  And likely think if they nag him enough, maybe he'll listen to them," he replied.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"I see," she said, going back to sipping at her wine. "So before all of this crazy business had transpired, had you had any other goals in your life, Attila?"

Lion

Attila gave her a thoughtful expression before giving a subtle nod.  "I wanted to be a Kaadir herder," he said and suddenly burst out laughing.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn