Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Tears of the Niafi

Started by visualspice, April 17, 2014, 11:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Persea blinked, staring at the man and not understanding the nature of his joke, nor his laugh.
"A kaadir herder?" she repeated, when the man's laughter had settled. "Surely you would want a greater position in life than that."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Attila sobered and  shook his head.  "I am only joking, Your Grace," he said, smirking.  "I believe the path of a courier, such as I am, is the highest path I could ever hope to achieve."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

"Oh!" she flushed, realizing her mistake and gave a nod. "Forgive me, I see that now."
And at realizing she asked this man's forgiveness made her flush even more. "Perhaps I need some fresh air. I still do not feel at all myself. Would you mind accompanying the Shah on a walk through the gardens? The flowers are so lovely,but I've been afraid to visit them lately."
What with the thief from before...
And now these threats on her life, she was more paranoid than ever.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

He straightened and he nodded to her.  "I would be honored, Your Grace."  He stood and offered her a hand to help her up to her feet.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Taking his arm most graciously, and finding herself even impressed in such a simple gesture of how well muscled his arms had been, she tried not to let it show as she gestured forward as the two walked, arm in arm.

"You'll have to forgive me, the gardens are on the other side of the palace,"s he said, walking with him out of the room and into the Grand Hall, which seemed to extend endlessly before them.

Lion

"I don't mind a little walking!  My horse would certainly be most grateful for it," he chuckled.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Oh, but you certainly wouldn't ride a horse in here!" And the moment she said that, she cringed a bit before adding, "That is to say.." she spoke, delicately tucking back some of her dark hair. "You already know that."

Lion

He gave her an easy smile and patted her hand.  "My horse is a stubborn gelding who takes as much pleasure knocking me off as he does riding in the wind," he said.  "If I let him in here he would likely eat all of your begonias."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Persea's eyes glittered at such an idea. What a marvelous sense of humor!
"I think I might very like to meet this horse," she said, in earnest. "Seeing a man bested by his own steed would be quite the amusing afternoon."

Lion

"Oh I would never let him best me, Your Grace.  Of course, that isn't to say that he wouldn't say the exact opposite," he chuckled.  "But I always threaten of getting another horse and he learns to at least become more amicable because of it.  At least that's my hope."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"But what if he were to wise up and let you get that new horse? So that he can have a companion?" she asked, playfully.

Lion

"Nothing of the sort.  I would gladly trade him away!  The stubborn fool is a good ride though, fast as any I've ever rode before.  His endurance is outstanding and rate of speed only climbs toward the distance," Attila smirked.  "I only jest.  I don't think I ever really could sell him.  Even if I tried."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Yes, he sounds like a good friend," she said, smiling up at him. "Like La'apha and Po. Good Horse. Good Rider. Heart of the Desert. I loved hearing that story growing up," she went on, casting away a dreamy stare. "La'apha was always how I envisioned my husband to be." And then realizing what sort of topic she had gone into, she promptly cleared her throat and smiled nervously through it. "That is to say, dreams of in my youth. Now I would seek a husband politically."
Was she supposed to mention that? She wasn't sure, but her High Priest had her anxious over selecting a husband. There were so many unspoken rules about it, she just didn't even know where to begin! Why couldn't finding a husband be simple? As simple as taking a stroll through the gardens?

Lion

Attila pursed his lips thoughtfully.  "I'm sure you will find the proper husband best suited to you.  One as noble in heart as he is in blood," he said with a bow of his head.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Persea flushed at the notion, but... well...
She supposed it was better it was not perceived as flirting, if it could even be considered that. How was she to tell a man she loved him? How was she to tell who was the one? Thinking it over, she gave a sigh, not realizing she had done so as the two continued to walk the long walk down the hall.

Lion

"I think you have many good years before you should commit yourself to a marriage, I think, Your Grace," he said gently.  "I think you have many more pressing matters on your mind as it is.  That is to say, that is simply my impression.  I do not mean to be presumptuous."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"But I am nineteen!" she retorted. "Most women would have long since married!" Especially those in such a position! It was just unfortunate her father had passed when he did. As with her mother. They would have known what to do.

Lion

"Indeed.  But not every woman could hope to aspire to become Shah, Your Grace," he said with a gracious bow of his head.  "Already you set yourself apart not simply because of your great status.  But because of the kind of honor a man must achieve to ever aspire in winning your hand.  I have the utmost faith that in due time, you will find the man that is right for you.  Trust your instincts and they will not lead you astray.  Nevermind the naysayers."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"But being the Shah does not relieve me from my sex. I am still a woman, and as such, I need to lead by example." Just too bad none of the men who could be suitable were, as she felt, worthy of her. And naturally, the cute ones already had wives- and many. Why couldn't she have been betrothed? It would have made selection much easier because there would be no choice and she was sure her father would have selected a fine man.

Lion

"In good time, Your Grace," Attila said with a small smile.  "In good time."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn