Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

An Amalgam of Odd Adventurers [Leo][Ana][Wicked][Ferr]

Started by Codestar7, April 22, 2014, 07:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Codestar7

After a couple of minutes, Otto regained consciousness, in Cleatus' arms.
"What?" Otto mumbled. "What is going on? Where are the others? Fighting? I should help them."
Otto began to rise, and stood up. the blood flow from his shoulder had clotted, but as he stood up he suffered postural hypertension, and black out. He fell down, then got up again. He stumbled towards the sounds of battle, drunkenly and al over the place.

Wicked Basket

"Whoa there, spitfire," Cleatus said easily picking the boy up by the back of his shirt and setting him down in front of him. "You're not going anywhere with that shoulder. The others can handle it. I don't get along to well with archers. Big target."

Cleatus patted his belly to emphasise his point. He then pulled an arrow from his arm put it with the other two he had pulled out so far.

"Now that you're awake, could get these?"

Cleatus turned to reveal three arrows stuck in his back.

"I can't reach them."

Leornid

"There's about ten more!" Leornid shouted. He cut down another one, and stuck his sword straight into the mouth of a wolf. "About five wolves too!" He roared another cry of anger and charged down towards where the bandits were. Boy, he was getting tired. He was bleeding from a dozen small wounds, and his sword was getting heavier and heavier.

Anadwen

Inu-Inu charged at the rest. There were several more left... Just about enough for her to have some more fun!

She leaped onto one wolf's rear, and stabbed its rider from behind. The man screamed, and fell out of the saddle as she pulled the two blades out of his back. Surprisingly enough, she refused to get off the wolf. Instead, she jumped into the saddle herself, and rode it towards another one of the bandits. When he noticed that the beast is going after him, and its rider is no man like him, it was too late. The wolves clashed, and she stabbed the one underneath herself straight into the skull with one sword, making a flip over to cut the other one, and avoid the slashing sword of the bandit. The wolf's head was cut off, and so was the bandit's right after. Right as the body of the beast collapsed, she sled off it, and started chasing another man, this time without a wolf. Two down!

Codestar7

Otto wearily asked the cyclops what he said, so it had to be repeated. He finally understood the ask, and pulled the five arrows out of his back. He wasn't affected as much as Otto, as Otto was a seventeen year old road guard, not too used to being fired at by shafts topped with the sharpest metal you could find. The cyclops, however, was big. Very big. Otto finished the task, and then sat down.

Wicked Basket

Cleatus rolled his shoulders and sighed with relief.

"Finally," he sighed. "You have no idea how annoying that it is. They're like giant splinters that you can't reach to pull out."

Cleatus peered over the bushes to see how the battle was going. It looked like Inusaki had taken care of the archers, so it would be safe for him again.

"Hang tight, kid. I'm going to go put an end to this nonsense. Make sure no one touches my hammer."

Cleatus emerged from the treeline without his hammer. It was fun to use, but it weighed him down. He saw a wolf charging at one of his comrades and decided to interrupt. He started off slowly at first, building momentum. Soon, he was moving at a pretty decent speed and, according to physics, it is very difficult to stop a large, heavy object that is moving fast. As it so turned out, a giant wolf was not enough. Cleatus simply plowed straight into the wolf at top speed, for him anyway. The wolf and rider were sent tumbling by the sudden impact of Cleatus' sheer bulk. The impact was soon followed by raucous laughter from Cleatus. How could that possibly have not been funny?

Ferr Windston

Damion kept his new weapon on his side, yet spun with his deadly  blade as a thug and pair of others came rushing at him. "Die damn it!" The warrior roared, wishing death upon his foes. Rushing into their path, the man glared as the blood of other men fell to the ground. It gave him a sick feeling inside, but it needed to be done. When the cyclops came rushing in, the human jumped back  and retreated. "Finally joining the fight, aye?" He smirked and stood behind a tree to recover from a wolf bite on his leg.

Wicked Basket

"I don't get along well with archers. I'm a big target," Cleatus replied patting his stomach. "Now that they're gone, there's nothing to stop me."

As soon as he finished talking, a bandit tried to bum rush him. For his troubles, the Cleatus slammed his big meaty fisy directly into the bandit's face. Cleatus was glad he came. He hardly ever got to pummel people like this.

Codestar7

Otto was still weak when a lone thug plodded out of the forest towards him. Nobody had seen the man leave, so he would have to take him on alone. Otto struggled to stand, and tried to pick up Cleatus' hammer. He failed, to the sheer amusement of the rapidly approaching thug. Otto was getting ready to hit the thug with his sword, when an arrow struck him in the head. Otto swung his head, and saw a group of about six elves, on white horses, clad in full white with bows and arrows.

The head elf jumped down, and saw Otto lieing on the ground, close to death.
"Elennen," called the elf. At this, a young elven maid dropped of her horse, and reached into a satchel, and pulled out the healing herb gliannin. She immediately set about chewing it, and applied it to Otto's shoulder, ordering him not to move. She pushed the chewed herb into the wound, and started chanting.
"Eshe wana, esmereth colo thiero, gi melin herenos, lispe ono gi feras."

All of a sudden, Otto felt better. In fact, the elven magic healed him completely, returning his strength. Then he remembered.
"My friends are fighting thugs behind the tree line, if must help them! Many thanks to you for the healing." Otto pulled out six gold coins, and tossed them to the head elf. The man bowed, and then spoke.
"I am Erespeth, Lord of Annerby, a town near to here. I sense your friends almost done. They need no help now. We will wait here, and you may tell us your story, and what you are doing behind trees with thugs." Erespeth glanced over to where Otto had gestured.
"And wolves." He added.

Leornid

Leornid shot down the last pair of enemies. At last, they were done. Turning, he went towards where Otto was to check on him. What he found was easily one of the most surprising thing he had ever seen.

Elves. Six of them, to be exact. What were they doing here? Luckily, Leornid, being a half-elf, knew their tongue, so he asked them in their language"

"What are you doing here? Did we do anything to offend you? Or are you here to help?"

Ferr Windston

Damion took in a deep breath and started moving deeper into the forest. His leg was bruised from a wolf bite on his calf. He limped hastily into the trees before hearing Elves and Leornid speaking. "Leornid!" Damion cried out before spotting him and the group of Elvish people. He raced over to them, expecting the others to also converge on the scene. "We did it...Is Otto going to be okay?" He asked before bowing his head to the Elves. "Have we disturbed you?"

Wicked Basket

Cleatus made his way over to where the rest had gathered, arms full of alcohol taken off the dead bandits. It wasn't very high quality, but it was still alcohol. He was in the process of drinking when he saw the elves.

"You should have shown up a few minutes sooner," Cassius said to the elves. "It would sure have helped."

Cleatus did not treat elves the as respectfully as everyone else. He was not too found of elves and their arrogance and he didn't understand why they were so special. What amazing thing have they done to earn automatic respect?

Codestar7

"Your friend will be alright. His wound is not too serious, nothing we can't fix. You may be wondering why we have helped you. Let me just say this. There is an elven prophecy stating a group of a boy, men, a cyclops and a girl would look for the Lost Treasure of Qinte. This group were named as An Amalgam of Odd Adventurers. We know not why it is of importance, just that you must succeed. Whether or not you do so is undecided. We came just now, due to fate, one we could only change by making sure no harm came to this group. Know this now. You must work as a team until you reach your destination, or some of you may perish. Good luck, and may the blessing of the elves speed you on your journey."

Leornid

"Thank you for helping our friend", said Leornid. Turning to the others, he said:
"I thikn we should be moving on. It wouldn't be good if they attacked again."

Anadwen

Inusaki only then managed to get to the elves, sucking on the large lollipop once again as she slowly threaded towards the rest of her group. At first, she gave them a blank stare. What were these people? What were they doing here?

"Who are you?" she asked, pulling the candy out of her mouth, and frowning a little. "What are you doing here? And what do you want of us?"

Leornid

"They are friendly, little one.", Leornid said. "They healed Otto."
He explained to her about the prophecy the elves had spoken about. "To be honest, this makes the whole trip much more interesting.", he concluded, smiling.

Ferr Windston

"Rather glad I managed to tag along on this little venture now." Damion smiled and tapped his leg, shaking the pain off. "But that was rather cryptic, no? Think we should be on the look out for even worse things?" The warrior asked before adjusting his armor.

Wicked Basket

Cleatus huffed at all this nonsense and drank down another canteen of the cheap whiskey before tossing it aside and opening the next one.

"How bad could it be," he asked. "They're probably just overreacting."

Leornid

"Alrighty then", Leornid said. "we should be moving on, because some of the thugs might have escaped, and might be coming back with more enemies. I think we should be staying off the road until we get close to the ruins, what do you think?"

Anadwen

Inusaki shrugged. "Not like this was that much work for me. I had more fun than before, to say the truth, though." she admitted, wiping something dark, flowing down a strand of her hair. She stuck her finger into her mouth, and made a disappointed grimace.

Blood? The bandits got a tad too close, and a tad too messy. But whatever, she had fun!