Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Practice Makes Perfect

Started by visualspice, May 16, 2014, 03:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: Tags to @Wicked Basket

--------------

The word was on the street that early next week would be the annual Crocodile Hunt, and this year the prizes given out were a lot grander than they had been in years past. With money in his eyes, Karime was making every preparation he could to get himself a cut of that fame and money. Naturally, his tool of choice was to be Red Sun, and a few newly acquired slaves. And with the deadline looming, Karime spared no expense to have Red Sun in top condition for such an affair.

He and his men accompanied her to the Colosseum, where there the endless sea of practice rooms awaited them,a nd the sounds of swinging swords and clubs and mashing practice dummies could be heard echoing all around the chambers.

"Seems as if we're not the only ones here with the same idea," Karime mused, and gestured for his leashed beauty to move forward, and Red Sun obeyed, stepping into the practice room until the ends of her chains leashed indicated she could go no more. She peered back at Karime and he only smiled. She supposed this was the end of the line for her.

Every since that one time she tried to escape...
She couldn't go anywhere without chains. Her eyes scanned the rows of weapons before she pulled out one of the practice spears with a partially blunted blade. Spears were ideal for crocodile hunts as it gave you distance from the snapping jaws of the massive crocs. And the crocodiles could vary greatly in size. She'd hate to approach one of the larger ones ill prepared, as this would be her first time hunting a crocodile in the wild, and though she had fought one once before in the arena, she had a feeling facing one on it's home turf would be fairly different.

After all,s he had never been to the delta before or had to deal with swamps terrains. It would prove interesting indeed. And she had to wonder if Karime would even keep her on a leash out there too.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

Cassius had been at the Colosseum all morning to prepare for the Croc Hunt. Taking on other humans was one thing, taking on giant crocodiles was something else entirely. Having only one hand always put him at a disadvantage one way or another, but he always figured something out. One of the slaveowners had been bragging about how great of a gladiator he had, so Cassius had beaten that 'great gladiator' into submission just to shutup the owner.

Just then, who could enter the Colosseum next other than his old friend Red Sun. Cassius knew that Karime wouldn't be able to resist entering his prized slave into the Croc Hunt, especially after that fiasco with the giant snake.

Cassius approached Karime with a practice spear in his hand.

"Are you hoping to have better luck with the crocs than you had with the snake," Cassius asked.

visualspice

Karime's eyes narrowed dangerously upon Cassius.
"There will be no need for luck. You yourself know of Red Sun's perfection," Karime went on with an indignant sniff. "She will bring in the biggest and most dangerous crocodile's head, just for the Shah. She brought down that snake, no thanks to you, she can do much better than that once we get her in the wilds. You know how these savage beasts can be," he said, and the savage beast he was speaking about was Red Sun, who wasn't even bothering to glance back their way as she rose up her spear, and gave one swift cut of it, cleaving the practice dummy before her in half.

So much for partially blunt weapons...
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

"Actually, Red Sun was eaten by the snake and I killed it," Cassius corrected him. "You should be thanking me for saving your most prized possession."

Not to be outdone, Cassius proceeded to cleave a training dummy in two as well. He just needed to do it a bit differently since he only had one hand, but the result was still the same.

visualspice

"What? Are you here to collect your reward?" Karime asked with an angered wrinkling of his nose. "You were outside of your rights to join the fight. "

Wicked Basket

"You were outside of your damn rights for even setting it loose in the arena," Cassius shot back. "You saw it eat one of the spectators. Who knows how many more it would have eaten had I not intervened? I was even personally thanked by the Shah for killing that beast and saving everyone in that arena."

visualspice

Karime held back a growl, but gave a snort instead.
"If Red Sun would have been eaten, that would have been the match. You make the Shah seem weak by intervening in her shows." And he tried to ignore the fact he was seen to some a hero. How disgusting!

Wicked Basket

Cassius took a step closer to Karime so that he was looming over him.

"I did not talk to her during the show," Cassius replied angrily. "She summoned me to her palace later that day. How dare you accuse me disrespecting the Shah!"

Cassius was now most displeased to the point where Red Sun might not even be able to save Karime. One of the things Cassius prided himself on was loyalty to his country and respect for its leaders, and Karime was questioning both of those things.

visualspice

Karime gave a snort.
"She probably gave you a thank you in order to make it appear as if it were planned. Surely your mind has been in the arena too long, Cassius. The rules are rules, and you must realize you're adding to the rumors about our youthful and wise Shah. I've heard them more than once myself. A pity really, such a pretty thing becoming the focus of tongue and scorn."

Wicked Basket

"Then we cut out the tongues of those who scorn her," Cassius replied simply. "Now then, I have training to do to get ready for the hunt, not that you would know anything about fighting, or even lifting a sword. You just hide behind Red Sun, but she won't be around forever."

Cassius moved away from Karime and cleaved another training dummy in two. It was amazing how much easier it was to accomplish while imagining that the dummy was Karime. Cassius was determined to kill the biggest crocodile of the hunt. He would show Karime who was really the bigger man and better fighter, and he would make Karime admit it one way or another.

visualspice

Karime snorted and waved the man off.
"As reckless as you are, she'll probably out live you!"

Wicked Basket

Cassius merely chuckled to himself. If Karime kept throwing Red Sun into impossible fights like the fight with the snake, then Red Sun won't last long at all. Cassius just continued breaking any training dummies in his vicinity. The Colosseum staff really hated how he went through so many dummies like nothing, but none of them dared to confront him about it for fear of being a replacement for a training dummy. Crocodiles are a lot different from dummies, but Cassius would succeed either way. He was undefeated after all.

visualspice

With the line of dummies gone, it only left the last one in the line he had been destroying-
and the last one was being occupied by Red Sun, who was still using her practice spear, but was now practicing a few high kicks and swift moves as her long red hair fluttered and twirling behind her in her wake, the sharp end of the spear not being thrusted forward as Red Sun crouched down low and let out a cry, and it pierced the dummy in the center. But even harming dummies was not nearly as satisfying as tossing Cassius about inside the ring.

Or, in what could only be a dream, to toss around Karime. Her master was getting on her nerves more than usual as of lately, and the small taste of freedom was always just at the tip of her tongue. Damn Cassius for that. Damn him to hell!

Wicked Basket

With no more dummies to destroy and no one willing to spar with him, Cassius decided to enngage in one of  his other favorite pastimes, which was bothering Red Sun. He walked up behind her and then leaned on his spear.

"Is that me or Karime," Cassius asked after she had pierced the dummy.

visualspice

Red Sun released a huff before glaring over her shoulder at him.
"You and him both."

Wicked Basket

"I see," Cassius replied casually. "I've destroyed quite a few Karime's myself, but it just isn't as satisfying. You've no idea how badly I want to break your master over my knee."

This was a very unusual way to talk to a slave, but Cassius didn't care. It wasn't as if anyone had the guts to confront him about. People usually just talked behind his back and sometimes got knocked unconscious if Cassius overheard them. At least Red Sun didn't judge. Much.

visualspice

"I'd like to see you try," she quipped, and with a grunt, she yanked the end of her spear out from the dummy's middle. "Not only would Karime be dead, but you'd be on your way to the chopping block." And she turned away from him, not even giving him a second glance as she worked at eyeing the dummy up, this time pretending it was him. And with a heavy thrust, the spear was shoved into the dummy's belly again, expelling out exploding pieces of straw and hay into the air.

Wicked Basket

"Must've been me that time," Cassius commented. "Even if I did kill him no one in this city could stop me. They're all too afraid to fight me anyway. It makes life kind of boring."

visualspice

Red Sun gave a snort, and then gave a violent yank of her spear and ripped it out from the dummy where it had once been lodged, purposely doing so so that her elbow would connect with Cassius's stomach. The man shouldn't have been hoovering so close.
"Oops.."

Wicked Basket

Cassius took a step backwards, but was otherwise unaffected by the blow.

"Very sly, Sunny," Cassius said. "I could knock you on your ass for that, but I'm still preoccupied with hating Karime. Who the hell does he think he is that he can insult me anyway? Does he not realize how easily I could kill him at any given time?"