Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Practice Makes Perfect

Started by visualspice, May 16, 2014, 03:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

If Karime heard his remark, he made no reaction to it as he and his men simply went back to their conversation and laughing as they moved to exit the Colosseum.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

Karime drew his dagger and began scratching something into one of the dummies. When he was done he took step back and re-sheathed his dagger to admire his handiwork. The dummy now had 'Karime' scrawled into its chest.

"Now that is a real dummy," Cassius chuckled to himself.

Cassius smashed the dummy apart in one blow. He then proceeded to break as many pieces as he could into smaller pieces. This whole thing was Karime's fault. If he didn't get that damn snake to throw at Red Sun, none of this would have ever even happened. Karime would pay. He didn't know how, but he would make Karime pay.

visualspice

The day went on as usual, an the normal whispers of rumors were going around. The obvious ones of what was going on between Cassius and Red Sun were pretty prominent, considering the latter rumor that Red Sun was to be punished for it in some sort of Arena battle would follow afterwards...
but after hearing about the killing(s) Cassius had committed, the folks in Essyrn were a little more than cautious as to who they spoke around-
But the taverns held tongues that move more loosely, and was definitely a place where Cassius and Red Sun rumors were flying around without much thought.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wicked Basket

Once he had broken every last training dummy available, Cassius felt like going to the tavern, as usual. However, with all the rumors going around he immediately reconsidered. Going to a tavern now would just be asking if not begging for trouble. For once in his life, Cassius wasn't in the mood for causing trouble. So, Cassius decided to head home, maybe stopping for a drink of water on the way after all of the smashing he had just got done.

visualspice

When Cassius would arrive at the well, there was a young woman who was bringing up the bucket. She was alone, but the street there was relatively empty, but the second she saw Cassius, she gasped, and dropped the entire bucket down into the well with a slow-to reply splash at the bottom when the bucket refound water.  Timidly, and afraid, the woman backed away from the well, before turning a tail and simply running away. It was uncertain if the woman knew who the man was, but it did not matter. Cassius was not the sort of man anyone wished to find themselves alone with in the dark.

Wicked Basket

Cassius didn't even bother trying to say anything as the woman fled in fear of him. While it was a sign of power to people flee before you, did all of them have to flee? Cassius sighed and drew the bucket back up for himself. After drinking some of the water and pouring the rest over his head to cool himself off, he sat down on the edge of the well. He was alone and didn't have to go back to his destroyed house. That sounded pretty good. So, there he sat.

visualspice

As the night rolled on, more people passed by the well; but this time it was a group of men coming home from the tavern. They were drunk, but the jovial kind, laughing about as they made their way along.

"My money's on Red Sun winning. She has yet to lose."

"Yeah, but she's up against some beast I heard- and no weapon to protect herself."

"Yeah, but her record is flawless."

"Well, flawless until she's pit against Cassius. He did save her int he ring."

"You think that's why he rescued her?"

"Why who did what?"

"Cassius. Think the rumors are true? That he and Red Sun..."

" I don't know what to think and it ain't any of my business. I just know Red Sun has yet to lose a match and I'm going to bet on her."

Wicked Basket

Cassius listened to the men as they spoke, but he remained silent in order to prevent discovery. So Karime was going to pit Red Sun against another beast again it seemed. He wondered what it would be this time. Karime seemed awfully dead set on getting Red Sun killed. Maybe he would go watch. It wasn't like he had much else to do.

Cassius stood and walked back to his house. Everything was still a mess as Cassius had not told his slaves to clean it up. He kind of liked it the way it was now. There was no longer the pressure of making sure everything looked nice in case he ever had some wealthy guests visit him. The thought made Cassius chuckle to himself. As if he would ever get visitors. Cassius sat down in his chair and began his drinking session. At least alcohol was always there for him.

visualspice

In the morning of the event, it was still not revealed what surprise monster Red Sun would face, but the entire city of Essyrn was thriving. The event seemed to generate more interest than her past battles- but it seemed horribly one sided-

Un armed warrior woman to face an unknown beast....

"Considering how Red Sun was nearly killed by that snake, I think Karime's determined to end her career in blood." The man shook his head as he was hanging up a sign just outside the Colosseum walls. "If she dies, he makes money. If she lives.. well.... that would make things very interesting indeed."

He turned to the scribe behind him, "What are the odds?"

And the man peered up from his scroll. "The odds are against Red Sun. 10.. to 1."

The other man chuckled. "Is that it? Well, might as well place a bet ont he loser. After all, if she wins... I'll be quite the rich man. If she loses well..." he stroked his beard and shrugged, and moved to enter the Colosseum where a sea of people were beginning to rush inside, and despite the heat of the day, the place was already becoming packed with people.

And it was only when Karime's flags were seen and his entourage began to approach the Colosseum that the attention was turned to him- and there, upon a carried throne he sat, drinking his wine int he shade, while behind him- Red Sun remained, in her usual, meager armor- and in chains within an iron barred cart.

As the caravan strolled through many turned to look at the woman, both fascinated by her- and also repulsed. To think she defied her master two times already. They all seemed eager to see her blood, and those near to her that could, threw rocks at her as she passed.

Wicked Basket

Cassius made his way to the Colloseum to see what Karime had in store for Red Sun. Karime's arrival proved to be the perfect distraction to allow Cassius to enter unnoticed. Instead of watching from the stands, he would watch from inside of the Colloseum itself through of one the several gates around its perimeter. It wouldn't provide the best view, but it was better than jumping into the lion's den.

visualspice

By the time the fight was ready to begin, the Colosseum was nearly bursting. So many people had come out for the occasion to see the 'mystery' creature versus a weaponless Red Sun. Odds were against her as far as bets were concerned, and not many believed she would make it out alive- so no one wanted to miss her death if it were assured. She was definitely one of the more popular attractions, and Karime sat up on his shady perch, slaves fanning him off and he- enjoying a freshly poured gilded goblet of wine as he sipped it and peered down at the sunny arena.

The moment the portcullis was raised and the red haired warrioress stepped into the sands, the entire place went wild. She wore barely a thing, but that was her usual armor, and fresh scars and whip lashes were evidnt on her back side. Though the wounds burned, as did the sun, Red Sun stood as ready as ever before the crowd, feigning indifference on her placid face, even as her heart was hammering heavily within her chest.

She had no idea what she was to fight, and her stomach chilled the second she heard the second portcullis raise with a few, hasty- click, click, clicks-
and then the whole crowd was gasping at the sight of a massive crocodile that came lurking out from the darkness and into the intense sun light. The creature had to be coaxed out with spears, that of which he was none too happy about- and he bit one clean in half, leaving the two useless halves in the sands while the ushering guards rushed back inside to their posts while the beast's gate was sealed shut.

Wicked Basket

Cassius' hand came up to stroke his chin as the giant crocodile entered the arena. Karime seemed to have a fetish for abnormally large reptiles. This fight hardly seemed fair at all, but that was probably the idea. There was no way she could take on something like that without a weapon. It would have been difficult with a weapon. Cassius watched attentively, curious as to how Red Sun would handle this situation.

visualspice

Big Snake- now this? Red Sun narrowed her gaze at the thing. The thing was gigantic! And could easily gobble her down in one bite! Gritting her teeth, she took a few cautious steps backwards, eyes ever wary of the reptile as it seemed to be angrily storming around for some place to go. But considering there was little shade for them both- and Red Sun was the only object in view, the crocodile gave a grunt and began to use its stubby, strong legs as it began to suddenly rush her way.

A rush of cold fear swept through her as she realized she hadn't much time to think, and danced out of the way as the gator came near. But it didn't take long for it to spot Red Sun again- her long hair was like a flag,a n he cuold easily place her out amongst the nothingness of the arena floor. So it gave a heavy turn and began to pursue, but when it's angered jaws came down in SNAP, Red Sun used the moment to tumble directly beside the beast and found herself recovering to a stand beside it's tail. And before she knew what was happening, the crocodile accidentally knocked her over with it's long and heavy tail.

Wicked Basket

Well, she was still alive. The fight was going good so far. How would you kill something that big without a weapon? If Cassius were in the situation, he'd probably let the thing eat him and then make the gator choke on him. Then again, Cassius was quite a bit bigger than Red Sun, but she might still be able to make it work. He would have to just wait and see.

visualspice

Now with her face in the sands, she was spitting out the dirt as she grit her teeth and scrambled to get back to her feet. Her long red hair was a tangled mess about her, body tense as she pushed herself up and rolled away. Once she was half crouched off the ground,s he stared over at the crocodile who was still chomping away at nothing. It seemed it had gotten confuse, thinking some dancing shadow elsewhere was prey- and it was enough time for the red haired warrior to pick herself up and stare the creature down. Her midn was too panicked, and wiht the sun beating down upon her, it made her less able to focus. But she had to- she had to think of something, less this beast devour her and her days were through.

Wicked Basket

Cassius decided to give Red Sun a nudge in the right direction and started rattling the gate in front of him.

"Hey, Sunny," he shouted. "If that thing eats you I hope he chokes on it!"

Maybe she would take the hint and he wouldn't just have to come right out and say it, especially since Red Sun seemed a little too busy to discuss tactics at the moment.

visualspice

She heard the familiar nick name and despite her predicament, she whirled around. Hearing his claims, at first she appeared surprised, but then narrowed her eyes at him angrily. The beast was now charging back her way, covering the grounds swiftly for such a low-sitting beast, but Red Sun had speed and agility on her side, and graceful as a dancer, evaded the beast yet again.

And the crowd was loving it, even those suffering in the broiling hot heat of day.

Wicked Basket

Apparently she didn't take the hint, but it was rather vague. Maybe she would still figure out a way to kill that thing herself. Cassius didn't want to interfere because his reputation was already damaged beyond repair. There was no need to make things worse for himself.

visualspice

It seemed as if most of Red Sun's time was spent evading the Crocodile, but she knew this couldn't go on forever. Eventually, the sun would take it's toll on her, and she had a feeling she'd have less resistance to the sun than a massive crocodile, especially when he was charging after his lunch. But after a time, the crocodile began to slow, keeping his eyes locked to Red Sun as she darted off to the opposing side of the Colosseum, and now that it seemed the pair were at a stand still-t he crowd began to boo.

Wicked Basket

This fight was certainly dragging on longer than anyone had anticipated. Red Sun couldn't harm the croc and the croc couldn't catch Red Sun. Perhaps her saving grace would be that crocodiles are cold-blooded and the beast will overheat in the scorching sun. All Red Sun would have to do was survive until then. Simple.