Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Gathering the pieces [OPEN]

Started by Sentry, June 23, 2014, 01:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sentry

Research was not going as well as planned, in fact, it could not have been any worse. Shoving the papers in front of him away to the other side of the desk, Aakesh removed his glasses and rubbed his temple. Everything was pointing to dragons blood, but with so many different species he was not entirely certain which kind of blood he needed. Not to mention it would be something he would not be able to do on his own. He would have to hire someone.

The side of his lip curled downward at the thought of relying on someone else for help but he really did not see any other choice. Most dragons, as he studied and read, are like wild beasts when it comes to intruders interrupting their territory. If he could snatch an egg while someone else was used as bait then he could have a near endless supply of it, but if it was not the right kind of blood he needed to further his experiments, then it would be small enough to easily be disposed of.

"Or, I could raise it and use it against other species..." he mused to himself out loud with a small laugh. Pinning beasts against beasts would be an interesting sight indeed.

Standing, Aakesh pushed the chair under the desk and grabbed his cloak, if he needed someone for bait, then the town was certainly the place to go looking for some. Of course, he would probably have to pay them up front, he would have to negotiate half now and half later with the later part never to come.

--

As he entered the village, after leaving his cliff-side cave, he tried to seek out where someone willing to help for a little coin would be and without looking too hard, the tavern certainly was the most logical choice. It had been a while since he had stepped into one and with a push to his glasses back up his nose, he opened the door and walked in.

Lorelei

Ina sat quietly near the entrance, drinking by herself and watching the other patrons.  The woman had recently arrived in Serendipity, attempting to cure her boredom, and had been staying in the tavern for the past several days.  Her cheeks were flushed with the heat inside the room.  She supposed that in a minute, she would go out for some fresh air.  When Aakesh entered, she watched him for a moment, then sipped her ale again.  Paying him little mind, she returned her eyes to the room at large.  She needed something to do.  She was becoming restless and running out of money besides.  She sighed and leaned back to star eat the ceiling.

Ferr Windston

Botag had been on the run for a small while now. The local's didn't seem like much trouble so he felt comfy. Like a wolf sleeping with sheep, but not hungry. The half-demon half-human was looking about with his big red eyes, examining the man that entered just a moment ago. He seemed like a man with a mission, and Botag knew men with mission from a mile away. Since he used to kill most of the ones that came his way.

Taking a swig of his water, he rotated his wrists with a smile. His hands were finally free and he had not yet killed a person. He was feeling good about himself. No it was time to find work, he supposed. Botag played with the small ring on his collar, hidden by his crimson, blood soaked scarf. His back was facing Aakesh.

chandonr

Abigail knew this village quite well. She had been roaming this area for around 10 years now. No one ever questioned who she was, mainly because she never came as the same person often. She typically came here to test out psychological experiments. Sometimes she came as a male, sometimes as a female, just to see how the people in the tavern would react.

Today, she had not special intentions in mind. She was in her typical form. Abigail walked into the door of the tavern behind Aakesh, and her beauty was evident. She had shifted into black pants that her butt jiggled in each time she walked, and a sheer white top that she designed to be see through, but only enough where you would have to be looking at her chest see anything. She wanted to attract attention.

She walked passed Aakesh and sat down on a stool by the bar with a flirtatious smile on her face. Abigail was hiding her true feeling. The barmaid poured her a glass of ale as soon as she sat down. Abigail slowly drank the ale, and turned to where she could see the patrons of the bar instead of just the bar. She examined everyone she could see, and continued to sip her ale.

Sentry

Several people caught his eyes upon entering the tavern and there were many that looked as though they didn't care what happened to them. Well, he always knew the best way to deal with people was to offer money. So he walked to the counter and when the bar tender came over to ask him what he was going to have he put up a hand to silence him.

"I'm in need of some hired hands for a little task that I cannot accomplish on my own. Would you suggest anyone?" Bar tenders always have the scoop on everyone that enters their taverns but he said it loud enough that anyone within the room would be able to hear him. "The reward would be very fair." he added with a smile.

Ferr Windston

"Fair?" Botag looked up slightly, turning his head in the man's direction. Rubbing his hands, with a smile, the man stood up and slowly strolled over to Aakesh. Once by the man's side, Botag leaned on the bar top. "Sir you must really want some workers. The whole village could probably hear you. But if it was intentional, then you have found your man for any job."

The fair skinned demonling, bowed his head. "My name is Botag. I have been in the need of 'work', and am willing to assist in any venture that you may be perusing." With a toothy grin, Botag finished.

saltydog

Ziven was curled up quietly under a table in the corner where he had been for several hours already. His little brown body blended in perfectly with the beaten up wood of the floor; in fact, he looked like the standing base of the table as his retriever-sized body was wrapped around its single leg. His small grey eyes stared out at the masses of people, but weren't able to focus since the majority of the people were standing, or sitting still. He'd been waiting for an opportunity to introduce himself, but was all-too-aware of the ruckus his wandering form would cause. Little bundle dragons aren't particularly welcome in taverns, or other creatures for that matter.

But lo! Movement by the door! While the cloaked man walked in, Ziven could see him perfectly, but he stopped at the counter. Ziven snapped his teeth in frustration as his sight went fuzzy again but lifted his large, pointed ears to listen to what the man had to say. Help? He wants help? Hired hands? The little dragon's teeth showed at the corners of his mouth in a rather slobbery and vicious-looking grin, though that was NOT the intended feeling. Without unwinding himself from the leg of the table, Ziven lifted his body into a small crouch and thumped his tail against the floor.

"Sssshhheeeeek," he tried to whisper-call the man without drawing too much attention. Ziven didn't want to be kicked out before he could be useful to someone. The noise turned out to be a sort of squeek-moan that came out slightly higher than regular speaking tones. Ziven stood stock still and waited with his teeth still bared in that strange grin.

ConnlaothianMage

Killian, after having spent days travelling around Serendipity in search of some truth to questions he couldn't even fathom on how they were thought up, walked up to a tavern. It was loud inside, and rather strong smelling when you got near the ale that was almost guaranteed to be in several hands at the time. Still Killian needed a rest from walking and so he entered the door and walked past several people, not caring what they were doing or who they were. Yes he was polite but he was also weary and needed a long break off of his feet at the moment and so he wouldn't partake of any socialization. Just then, the mage heard it, a loud thump and screech that seemed to come from the direction he was heading in. Quickly Killian looked up and focused on a table that no one was sitting at, or more of under the table. It was an indistinct form but Killian was certain that whoever it was would want to talk to someone without moving.

So he walked over across the room, his long strides carrying him the entire distance in less time than it would take to walk from here to the other side of the road. With some relative calmness in his movements, Killian sat down in the chair and rested on arm on the table. He set the cherry wood staff against the wall and looked at the floor for a split second. "I know you are under there, friend, and I would just like to talk to you while my feet recuperate from the journey. My name is Killian, a friendly mage and wandering inquisitive soul who looks for knowledge everywhere. I can't see you real well but you look like you might be a dragon or another creature similar to a dragon so is it possible that you are as I think you are?" Killian made sure to keep his voice low and not let anyone know he was talking to the person under the table.

saltydog

While Ziven waited for the hiring man to acknowledge his offer, he was surprised by a lanky man with pale green eyes that had entered and began to approach. As the man moved, Ziven got a sharp image of his long arms and green hair - green hair? But before he could really memorize the rest of the man's physique, he had sat down with his booted feet and staff at Ziven's flank. The world went blurry again.

As Ziven went to ignore the stranger, the man spoke. Ziven's long ears turned slowly towards the speaker's voice, taking in every word. The little dragon's heart jumped at the man's interested greeting and seized the opportunity to reply. "Your eyes are keen, Killian-Mage," spoke Ziven in a voice much quieter than his previous screech. His tone was muffled in a whisper but each word was spoken with clarity and precision. Though just barely full-grown by five years, Ziven's voice was very medium-level - not too deep, not too high. An unimpressive tone, as far as dragons go, but honest and meaningful. "You have guessed at my race, though I wonder myself why your hair is green. Ziven's the name, and I'm looking for employment."

ConnlaothianMage

Killian nodded and thought briefly upon what Ziven had said about his eyes being keen and his looking for employment. When finally able to speak again, Killian took his time in bringing all of his thoughts together into one solid train. "There are many things I see that most do not because I spend my days wandering in the shadows of the trees where knowledge can be found. It takes a keen eye to pick out the dangers of a wild animal who means you harm as well as the signs of a hostile force breaking under persuasion. As for my hair being green, I am Serenian so my hair is naturally able to be a shade unlike any that others have. If you seek employment I must say I cannot pay much in the way of valuables but food and others supplies that I can find are yours to share if you would like to join me. Currently I am searching for things to do myself and I have heard tale of a mage in Connlaoth who does not fear the death sentence for his actions. He needs my help and if I can get to him then there is the problem of the Mordecai that can cancel my magic so I am also looking for people to journey with me there who can aid in that aspect. That is what I am doing and I will share all that I have with you and then show you a place where I stay off in the trees of Serendipity. Would you care to join me, Ziven?"

Killian looked up to glance around the tavern but no one seemed to be paying him any attention and that was for the best. While mages weren't feared here, it was bad to travel into hostile land and fight wars that could cause full war with Serendipity. For that, soldiers were sure to attack him and hold him captive until they knew he was going to behave himself.

saltydog

Ziven's tail tapped pensively on the floor as he listened to Green-hair's words. Help? To have purpose and a job amongst humans was one of Ziven's greatest ambitions. Hmmm... "Mordecai cannot repress natural magic now, can they?" asked Ziven, his voice rising at the end in a questioning lilt. "Yes Killian Green-hair. I will happily accompany you." His little grey eyes flashed with anticipation and the end of his tail waggled with excitement. Flexing his deltoids, he pulled himself into a low crouch and growled deep in his throat like a cat purr. "Where to?"