Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Feelings of late.

Started by Klezmer Gryphon, June 27, 2014, 09:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klezmer Gryphon

Well.... I'm not sure how to put this into words, so here goes nothing...

Lately, I've been feeling just disconnected from the community here. It's nothing you wonderful guys and gals have done; I just feel, at times, lonely even when it seems everyone is online. Even after a year of role playing here, I still have a sense of awkwardness about putting an idea out in the chat box, even when there isn't much else being said, like it's just gonna just sit there for an hour or two before someone starts up another conversation.

But, the main reason I decided to share this with all of you, instead of just confiding in one or two people, is that if I want to feel included, and actually feel like a part of this wonderful community and feel comfortable sharing my ideas and plots, I have to first be comfortable with sharing my feelings. So, that's what I'm doing.

Keep writing, you wonderful hooligans!

~~~~Klezmer Gryphon

Cronowind

Hey there,

I wanna say that I am somewhat new to this community. (I have only been here about a month and a half now, and I only have a few threads with one character.) But I want to express the fact that I believe I can identify with you that it can be difficult to mesh with a community of people. Even more so if you have difficulties getting ideas out there, or in connecting with others.

I know I generally have to go through an idea over and over, revising it a few times before I put it into paper to show others, else start to second guess myself and wonder if I have done a craptastic post. Like if my perspective roleplay partner doesn't post after a while, I wonder if i dun goofed in the thread some how.

I generally find that being proactive is the best way to combat such feelings. Coming up with ideas and being willing to accept feedback is a wonderful way to connect. Like, if you told me some of your ideas on this thread (Or PM) I'd be happy to give you some feed back and my 2copper on the situation at hand.

I like to believe I am a fair man, and will be honest about any and all ideas. So don't be afraid to share with me, after all. If you're willing to put honest effort into what you are doing and are willing to accept feedback--you can do anything. 

Looshi

I thank you for writing this out Klez. You're not alone in these feelings, even though I'm a mod, I definitely still feel like the awkward one about. Some people just have better social graces. But, this place wouldn't be the same without you here. You're a good, level-headed guy, who has shown a lot of maturity, and I'm glad you're here, and that I know you.

I hope you still stay around, and know that we will always be there for you!

Klezmer Gryphon

Oh, don't worry! ^^ I'm not going anywhere. There aren't too many things that make me leave a site, and there's none of that here.  :) Thank you, @Looshi, for your words. Even though we've never threaded or say much in the Cbox to each other, you are still a friend of mine.

visualspice

It's good that you're starting to feel more comfortable and share your feelings like this in the community. Like loosh said, every person is different, some of us can just feel/ are more socially awkward than others. I know I can be (though it might not translate as well online?) But just know there are others like that our there, and it does feel nice talking to others who fair the same.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Winters-Feather

oh, i definitely feel that way sometimes, haha. and yeah,  thanks for opening up dude :P

Paradox

I'm a bit late in responding to this and I apologize. Without playing a broken record I just want to say that my sentiments are very similar to Looshi's. 

I know I'm not quite as active as others, but I enjoy writing with you and you've been a voice of reason in the c-box a few times. Know that I have always respected and appreciated you for this, sir.

Brisinger987

I still feel this way, although that may just be my social anxiety, even on the internet, unless I feel like I'm with a good friend, I struggle to feel welcome here.

But I haven't been on in a month or two...