Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice!

Started by visualspice, July 23, 2014, 06:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

So this is a thread dedicated to some of my favorite recipes (since I love to cook!)

However, at this moment, the first 'recipe' I'm going to post is a simple Lemon 'Shake-up' (which is basically lemonade you'd be served at a fair).
I've been craving fair lemonade for a while and found the recipe online. It's fairly simple to make (assuming you have a thing to squeeze the juice out of the lemon).

But anyways-
Here goes my FIRST recipe:

'Fair' Lemonade:

1 lemon
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. water
1 c. crushed ice

Cut the lemon in half. Thoroughly juice lemon half and cut remaining half into quarters. Put both fruit and juice into a 16 ounce disposable glass. Add the sugar, water, and crushed ice (or ice cubes not crushed work just as well!). Stir drink by pouring back and forth between two glasses several times. Once the sugar is mostly dissolved (becuase it's not meant to be fully dissolved, and should be gritty in the end result since you're not blending it)- and VOILA.
FAIR LEMONADE.
It tastes SOOO good.
Simply pour the mixed drink into your final serving glass to enjoy :D

This recipe was posted for @kleineklementine
<3
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

kleineklementine

Oh my goodness, though... 1:2 sugar:water!

Lion

I dunno if it's just for your recipes, but I wanted to contribute the awesomeness that is Chocolate-Pumpkin pie! D:<  So don't be a hater, Spice!

I didn't have to time/desire to bake the pumpkin pie from scratch, so you can use a frozen pie and it'll turn out fine.  The chocolate layer however, requires a little bit of timing and patience.

Enjoy everyone!

Chocolate-Pumpkin Pie

From the kitchen of Budget Gourmet Mom. Recipes adapted from Libby's Pumpkin Pie and Nestle Chocolate Silk Pie.

Ingredients
•1 pie crust, refrigerated or homemade

Pumpkin Pie Layer
•1 cup pumpkin
•1 large egg
•1/3 cup granulated sugar
•1/4 tsp salt
•1/2 tsp cinnamon
•1/4 tsp ginger
•1/8 tsp ground cloves
•3/4 cup evaporated milk

Chocolate Silk Layer
•3/4 cup evaporated milk
•1 large egg yolk
•1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Instructions
1.Preheat oven to 425°. Roll out and place the pie crust in a deep dish pie plate.
2.In a medium bowl mix the pumpkin and egg.
3.Add the sugar and spices. Stir until mixed well.
4.Slowly stir in the evaporated milk.
5.Pour into the pie shell and bake for 10 minutes at 425°. Turn down the oven to 350° and continue to bake for another 25 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Allow to cool before making the chocolate silk layer.

Chocolate Silk Layer
6.In a small saucepan heat the evaporated milk and egg yolk over medium-low heat stirring constantly until mixture begins to thicken. About 5 minutes.
7.Add the chocolate chips and remove from the heat. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is silky.
8.Pour the chocolate mixture on top of the pumpkin pie layer and spread evenly.
9.Refrigerate 3 hours before serving.

I got it from:

http://www.budgetgourmetmom.com/chocolate-pumpkin-pie/
© BudgetGourmetMom.com

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

If I liked pumpkin, I'd try that lion cause it looks yummy 8D

Another recipe I love is Garlic Aioli

You can make the mayonnaise from scratch, but I use Lite Hellman's Mayonnaise (it's fatty enough already without using regular mayonnaise, plus I never noticed a difference in taste and I tried both regular and lite)

Whisk all of the following ingredients together in a bowl and refrigerate for at least one hour before using.

1/2 c. mayonnaise
1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 tablespoon hot sauce (I use Frank's Red Hot)
2 tablespoons ground coriander seed (can be found in the season section,) or you can use fresh, finely chopped coriander
The original recipe calls for salt and pepper to taste, but to be honest, I omit that. Most foods have enough salt in them and there's A TON of flavors in this already, why ruin it with more seasonings when it doesn't need it?

This sauce is great with fried vegetables. In particular, I use this as a dip for breaded, fried zucchini.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

Here's a simple recipe!

SWEET HAWAIIN CROCK POT CHICKEN

Cut 2lbs chicken breasts (or tenderloins) into chunks
Place into crock pot with 1 cup pineapple juice OR 1 cup pineapple chunks that you mix with 1/2 c. brown sugar and 1/3 c. soy sauce (I use low sodium soy sauce)

Cook on low for 6-8 hours

SO YUMMY
It's great served with rice!