Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Naked and...unafraid? [Lion King!]

Started by Rhindeer, August 04, 2014, 02:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Anoki smiled coldly up at the man standing before her--not that he could see her smile; only her eyes were uncovered, her face covered by a veil, her hair covered by a colorful Thanati head scarf. She wore the tunic and breeches of a man, but it was only for mobility's sake; it was clear that she was taking no efforts to disguise her gender.

She wanted those she hunted to know they'd been bested by a woman.

The man glared back at her through his agony, one hand clutching at his other hand, which she had rendered useless with a well-aimed dagger. He had thought to draw a blade against her--so she had sent a knife through his hand and pinned it to the alley wall behind him, where she'd cornered him up against the side of a tavern. He wouldn't be drawing a blade for a while--unless he was ambidextrous.

A few more throwing daggers, these ones through his clothes, ensured he wouldn't be moving for a while. She wanted him to hear what she had to say.

"And what have we learned tonight, hon?" Anoki asked him sweetly as she stepped over to him, swept down, and picked up the knife he'd dropped. She gave it a once over to take in the quality and then clicked her tongue and shook her head, like a mother sorely disappointed in her child. It was good quality, which meant he wasn't hurting for coin--which made this situation that much more unfortunate.

"Hmm? I asked you a question, dear. Speak up, now, don't be rude!" Using his own knife, she cut the strings of his coin purse. She bounced it in her hand, feeling its weight, and then lifted an eyebrow expectantly. "Well? Oh, fine, you're the strong, stoic type, I see. Fine. I don't have time for this, anyway, so let me illumine this for you!"

She opened the purse and fished around inside it, counting out coins. "You stiffed someone the other night, you see. A woman I happen to know works very, very hard to satisfy her customers! And not only did you not pay her for her work, but you did and said some very, very rude things that were not, in fact, agreed to!" Coins collected, Anoki drew the purse closed and tossed it at the man's feet.

"So tonight I hope you've learned that that is not how we treat people! It's not how we treat anyone, regardless of their profession! And if I ever hear of you treating another Peach how you treated Lily the other night, you'll come out of it more than just a few coins short, you understand? I took Lily's cut from your purse, and a little extra to cover the insult because she certainly deserves it, and a little extra for myself to cover the expense of tracking your sorry ass down and giving you the education your mother apparently failed to give you. Oh, that includes your dagger. You won't be using it for a while, no?"

Reaching over, she yanked the knife free of the wall--and the man's hand--and he cried out and clutched the limb. "The Ladies of the Night are always watching. Remember it. You'll have a lovely scar there to remind you. Good night! Kisses!"

And with a wink, Anoki blew the man a kiss and took off.

Goodness, what a night! It had taken some time to track the man down, but it always felt good to be victorious! With a yawn, Anoki stretched her arms over her head and started to head back for the brothel. Better get some sleep, because it was back to work come morning!

Except as she turned down a street, she heard a commotion coming from an alley--and not two seconds later, a man went rushing by, looking spooked that she saw him and carrying a pile of...

Clothes?

Anoki blinked, momentarily puzzled, until she connected the dots. The commotion, the man's shady behavior, the clothes...

Had someone just been mugged?

Her first impulse was to chase the thief, but if someone had been robbed, they might have been injured. Clothes at least were replaceable. Turning toward the alley, she rushed in.

"Hey! Are you okay?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Lion

"I don't mean to be rude, but you obviously don't know who I am, or you wouldn't be waving that knife at me," Caelwyn Caye said flatly, staring at the darkly dressed thug in front of him.  He exchanged a long glance for the longest minute of his life before Caelwyn raised his brows.  "Well!?"

"Hand over everythin' ye got!  Or I'll gut you clean and cold right here on the street!" he growled and two of his buddies behind them each took their turns cracking their knuckles.

Caelwyn sighed, rolling his eyes.  "Fine!  Since your intellect, in it's own meager capacity, is busy sparking and fuming in it's attempt to maintain the simple effort of remembering to breathe, I will tell you who I am.  I am Caelwyn Caye."  He crossed his arms over his chest and grinned, hoping that would put the matter to rest.

The thugs exchanged glances between each other and then stared back at him.

Caye sighed again.  "THE Caelwyn Caye?  I've corrected Bandaster's method on engineering enchanting crystals?  I've catalogued many of Darken Vei's unknown mineral deposits in the Karabi Mines?  I wrote a rather noteworthy paper called 'The Worship of Rocks of the Lesser Fae in Ancient Times'?  Ah, well, I can see from the blank expression on your faces that you obviously haven't read it.  You!, my ragged friend, are in luck.  I just happen to have a spare copy for you to pour through.  Wait, you can read, can't you?  Oh, no matter, I'm sure one of your slovenly friends here can read it for you."  Caelwyn happily opened up the flap of his leather bag and produced a folded pamphlet and handed it over to the knife-wielding thug.

The man took it warily before glaring at Caelwyn and cut through the sheaves of paper with his jagged blade and throwing them around like confetti.  Caelwyn gapsed, anger welling up and burning behind his eyes.

"Hey!  That was uncalled for!  Not to mention rude!  And a complete lack of consideration for other people who are trying to keep your smelly city clean!  Luckily for you, I have another copy.  But you better not cut this one up or you'll be sorry!" Caye spat.

"Get the bag!" the first thug barked.  The thug on his right lunged forward, shoving Caelwyn back.  He staggered, held only by the strap of the pouch that the ruffian yanked from him.  With a punch to his chest, the strap snapped loudly and Caelwyn fell hard to the floor.

"I warned you!" he growled, trying to get back to his feet and rushed at the bag-snatcher.  He ducked into a boxer's stance and struck a hard blow to his ribs, crippling the ass-wipe that dare take his bag.  "Haha!"  But it was glory short-lived and soon the other men were upon him, beating him hard with clubs and limbs.

Caelwyn was half-conscious when it was over, registering the thugs muttering to themselves as they rummaged through his pockets and pulled off his clothes.  As if that was really necessary! Hmph!  It was cold tonight too! 

"Quick!  C'mon let's get the hell outta here!" one said and they scurried off quickly down the street.

Caelwyn groaned, his head throbbing, his body would likely bruise not too long after this.  Footsteps were coming down the alley swiftly, lightly, and would soon be upon him.  "Not again.  I don't have anything.  They took it all," he mumbled unintelligently.  "I hate Ketra."

By the time the stranger approached, Caelwyn was able to blink and open his eyes, though his vision was a little blurry.  "Huh?  Y-yeah, I suppose, I'm fine.  Just a few bruises.  Nothing new there"  He sat up, holding his bruising side.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Rhindeer

Good thing she'd made the smart decision and checked on the victim, first, because he...

Didn't look too great.

And for one breathless moment, she thought he might be dead as he lay there, crumpled on the ground, but then he stirred and mumbled something, and Anoki felt her heart beat again.

Thank gods.

"Shit, man!" she breathed, and picked up her pace. She dropped to her knees beside the man and took quick stock of his injuries, even batting his hand away so she could feel his ribs with her deft fingers. Poor thing had sure had a number done on him; already bruises were blossoming on his tanned skin--tanned skin that she wouldn't have minded touching under different, happier circumstances.

What? Just because he was injured didn't mean she couldn't appreciate that he was attractive, especially butt naked as he was.

"You certainly don't look fine. You look terrible. Nothing broken here, at least, but how's your head?" She tilted her head and peered into his eyes, uncomfortably close, and let out a frustrated sound. It was too dark to check that his pupils were dilating properly. "Got any dizziness? Blurry vision?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Lion

Caelwyn groaned and rubbed at his throbbing skull.  Something else stung his nostrils and he made a face.  "Ugh!  Something stinks of liver and onions. Is it your breath?" he sputtered, coughing slightly.  He got over it quickly, however, and opened his eyes more clearly to the stranger tending to him.  His vision was blurred slightly, but it gradually sharpened.

"I'm a little dizzy, but I think I'll be all right other wise.  It's just a thrashing; it wasn't the first and won't be the last.  But that's okay.  I got the bastard that got my ..."  Caelwyn adjusted his eyes in the dark and peered all around him.  "My bag!  They took my bag!  Those rotten illiterate swine!   I have to get it back!" 

Despite his beating, Caelwyn found some strength in his anger and promptly tried to stand.  His body clearly protested and he buckled against Anoki, falling crotch-first uncomfortably close to her face.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Rhindeer

Well.

It wasn't the first time--and wouldn't be the last--that she got a dick in the face. It was the first time it had happened in this context, however!

With a surprised yelp, Anoki toppled backwards under the man's weight and landed sprawled on her back with her face against his thighs. For a moment she just lay there, staring upwards, torn between laughing at the ridiculousness of it all or politely saying nothing and preserving the poor man's dignity. Not that he had anything to be ashamed of, from what she could see! But most people weren't as blase about nudity as she was, especially when it was purely, hilariously, accidental.

"You know," she began, her voice slightly muffled, "normally, most men buy me flowers first."

Or rather, most men bought her first, but she figured flowers were more appropriate for actual courtship!

She gave him a gentle shove. "And lovely as the view is, I do need to breathe."

Lion

Caelwyn would have been embarrassed, should have been.  But couldn't she see he was in a crisis here!

He rolled off of her.  "Yeah, sorry! Look!  This is an emergency.  There's no time to dawdle, I need that bag and fast.  I'll skin those bastards alive if I have to!  Did you see the way they went?  Tell me now."

He was completely unfazed by either fact of being in no condition to fight and have little more than his...er, bare...essentials.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

Pushing herself to her knees, Anoki gave the man a flat look from over her veil.

"Mhmm, I'm sure you will skin them alive! I'm sure they'll rue the day they were born," she said as she rose to her feet and offered him her hand, smiling behind her veil. Poor thing obviously had some head trauma if he thought he was in any condition to pursue the people who had...put him in that condition.

"I'm sure you'll have them screaming for their mothers! Here, let's go, they went this way!" she said, nodding in the direction of the brothel. "If we hurry now, we'll catch up with them in no time! Lean on my shoulder."

She wasn't about tell him the real way they'd gone. Men like him were stubborn. He'd just bicker and struggle and injure himself more!

Lion

Caelwyn gave a great sigh of relief.  "Oh thank you!  You have no idea how nice it is to find someone helpful in this stinky city.  It really is a matter of life and death you know!  I need that bag.  It is of the utmost importance.  The very future of my career...Kia!  It could change everything!" 

He winced visibly, putting an arm around her shoulders and using her as a human crutch, and wobbled along.  His ribs hurt to move them and he stepped wearily beside her.  "Say why are you wandering out around here?  Can't be you're always on the prowl looking for people to save is it?  OUCH!   I think I stepped on a rock!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

...Erk.

That hit Anoki like a kick in the gut, and for a moment, she actually felt a little guilty for misleading him. That bag sure must be worth something!

...Orrrr those were the over-dramatic ravings of a man who'd been bashed over the head. Nah. Couldn't be that important. Certainly not more important than his health!

She was certain he'd thank her later, for saving his life and everything.

"Life and death? How wild!" she said to humor him as she guided him along, bowed under his weight and stumbling here and there when he wobbled. He was taller, which made it awkward, but thank the spirits he was slender to make up for it! "Now shhhh, hon, don't talk so--ah!"

She jumped a little at his exclamation, but let her breath out slowly when he revealed the cause. A rock. Oh good gods. Yup. She'd definitely saved his life here tonight. "Careful, dear; watch your feet. This is cobblestone," she said with a wry smile, giving him a gentle pat on on the arm. "Buck up, now, and hold steady, brave warrior! We're almost there!"

For indeed, The Randy Peach was now within view. A bit of an unorthodox place for healing, but shit, she sure as fire didn't know where else to take him.

Lion

Caelwyn exaggerated his limp, clamoring alongside her as his foot throbbed from the rock.  It really hurt!  It was all jagged and pointy!  And had no place being in the middle of a filthy street!  Gods, it would be a mercy just to kill him now would it not.  Everything hurt so much and now he stubbed his toe.  He was close to tears and he sniffled audibly beside her.

"Oh good.  All I want to do is get out of these streets.  And kick those bastards in the balls!  For helping me you can kick one and I'll take the other..."  He grew quiet, peering up at the building ahead of them. 

"Wait, we're almost where?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

Anoki beamed up at him, trying to be the brave, confident one in the face of his misery. Poor guy. Was he crying? Granted, after what had happened to him, he'd sort of earned the right to cry, she supposed, but gods! He was whimpering over a rock when he'd just gotten the unholy shit beaten out of him!

"Just a little detour, love. Along the way, of course! You can't very well kick bastardly balls without shoes, now can you?" Should she tell him the truth? Mention the name? Or would he freak out? Yeah, probably best to keep that on the down-low for now, juuust in case...

By the time they got to the door, she was panting from the effort of supporting him, but she managed to get a hand free and bang on the door until it swung open--revealing a short blond woman with a tousled look to her who...wasn't wearing much of anything. And what she was wearing was rather sheer.

So much for being subtle about all this.

"...Hi, Vixen. Ah." Anoki nodded to Caelwyn. "Injured man! Don't mind us!"

Lion

"Shoes..." he scoffed.  "Who cares about such petty things as shoes?  Though I do feel a bit of a draft on my backside..."  His grumblings and complaints gradually faded as they neared the back entrance to the whorehouse.  Caelwyn was too busy brooding to be any wiser to the siatuation, hoping his headache would pass when the door opened. 

He was aware of his nakedness and just figured he'd stumbled upon some kind of Adelan fashion trend when he looked upon the half naked woman.  He tiredly stared at her breasts, that looked like two drinking horns pointed toward the stars, then he looked back up to her face.

"Your breasts are showing," he said, sniffling a little and rubbing his nose with a free hand.  He limped up the steps and inside, holding his side, his ass scraped and wind-chapped.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

[ooc: drinking horns pointed toward the stars. I think I just died. xDDD]

Mmm, yep. Poor man definitely had some head trauma! Either that, or he was Just That Oblivious.

Vixen looked at Anoki, and Anoki looked back at her, and then Vixen glanced down at her chest and gave an exaggerated gasp and covered her breasts with her hands. "Oh no! Don't look!"

"Pffffff." Anoki bit back the laugh that wanted to bubble out and swatted at the girl instead, motioning her aside. "Come on now, doll. Lift those feet! I know you can do it! Let's get you upstairs--think you can handle stairs, tough guy? I bet you can, big, strong man like you! Onward, now! Vixen, make sure no one sends--"

She looked at Caelwyn and paused, trying to figure out how to phrase it. Some people could be so prudish, she didn't want him freaking out if he learned this was a whore house. He could freak out later, after she'd gotten him propped up in bed with a poultice smeared all over him. "Consider me occupied for the night, dear. And see that that's respected. Ah, here we go! One foot at a time, now," Anoki said as she lead her charge to the stairs leading up.

Lion

Caelwyn sneezed loudly in the aftermath of the cold wind, rubbing his nose again and making for the stairs.  A girl giggled and ran across the top of the stairs with her knickers off and a man hungrily chasing after her and they vanished down the other end of the hall.  Caelwyn stared and shrugged after a moment, limping up the stairs. 

"You don't really have to lay it on extra thick, Miss.  I am obviously neither big nor strong.  If I was I wouldn't have have gotten my ass kicked that's for sure."  Caelwyn reached the top of the stairs and held himself against the wall and held back another sneeze.  More giggles came from where the woman ran followed by shriek.

Caye peered at Anoki.  "She all right in there?  She sounds like she got something stuck in her."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

Gods help me!

This time, Anoki couldn't help it. She burst into laughter and just about dropped Caelwyn, and though she desperately tried to rein it in, she was soon wheezing and had to press her free hand to the wall to keep from doubling over with mirth.

"She probably did!" she giggled, then clapped a hand over her cloth-covered mouth and cleared her throat. "Ahem. Don't you worry your pretty head about them, hon, they're just...horsing around, the silly gooses."

Although soon enough there came some other sounds--a woman's moaning, a steady thumping against a wall, and masculine groans. Anoki froze, glanced sideways at Caelwyn, and cleared her throat again. Welp. Seemed someone had been too excited to wait make it to their room.

"Really rowdy rough-housing. This way!" Anoki cheerfully said, and hurried them past the hall to the first door on the left. She grappled with the knob for a moment before she swung the door open and hauled him inside what turned out to be a rather lush looking room, furnished with a large bed and vanity, decorated in rich, romantic colors, and scented with a musky incense.

Lion

"Rough housing?  Well he's clearly winning," he commented, staggering after her until at last they came to her door.  Caelwyn wrinkled his nostrils at the smell of her room and he wiggled unceremoniously.

He plopped down on a cushioned chair and favored his side more.  "Well this place seems full of rough housing."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

"It, ah...yes. Yes, you could say that," Anoki said, pursing her lips to try to keep from grinning. Already this man was an endless source of amusement.

Which was probably mean of her to think; poor guy was hurt and delirious!

With a gentle pat on his shoulder, Anoki crossed her room to her bedside table and began to rifle through the contents of its drawers. Rope? No. Flavored oils? Er, no. Gag? Definitely not...ah! Lavender! That would work.

Snatching up the vial and closing the drawer, Anoki returned to the man's side and felt his head again, frowning.

"While you're still naked, I'm going to rub you down with oil. It's lavender, so it'll help bring down the bruising. You'll smell like a ponce for a bit, but it'll be worth it. How's your head doing? Is your vision still affected?"

Lion

At first the notion barely dawned on him.  Caelwyn blinked at her several times before he noticed the oil in her hand.  Oh, right.  He was still naked. And still without his bag. 

"Well, if you think it'll help, I suppose it could be worth a shot.  My head feels okay, just a little throbbing, but otherwise okay.  It's my ribs that hurt that most.  At least I didn't get kicked in the nuts," he griped, sitting up.

"I'm Caelwyn, by the way.  Caelwyn Caye."  He sniffed the oil and made a face.  "Oh,pffffft.  Well, if I can't kick their asses, I can probably make them pass out with my scent.  Oiffff.  This stuff is strong.  Must be used to rub on really smelly areas."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

As Caelwyn spoke of the "smelly areas" the oil was used for, Anoki couldn't help but snort. Yeah...she used it for aromatherapy, certainly, but she decided not to mention how spot on Caelwyn was, and how the oil could be used to...loosen up certain areas. He probably wouldn't want to know he was, essentially, getting butt oil rubbed on him.

"Well, you are rather stinky," she said with a grin as she dripped some oil into her hands. "So it has to be strong to handle all this man." Rubbing her hands together, she started to smooth the oil onto his side, wrinkling her nose at the darkening bruises there.

"Anyway, Caelwyn, I'm..." Anoki paused. The name thing was always tricky. In fact, this entire situation was tricky. She'd brought him here, to her room, because she needed to get him somewhere safe and didn't really know where else to take him. But right now, she was in her crime-fighter get-up. Transitioning from "Dagger" to "Cherry" was going to be...interesting.

What was she supposed to do? Leave, change clothes, and pretend to be a different person like he was an idiot or something?

...Actually, hell, while he was still wonky, it might actually work.

She smiled at him. "Dagger. Local hero!"

Lion

Caelwyn stared at her with wide eyes.  Dagger?  She couldn't be serious.  And yet, at the very least it meant she was either cuckoo for coconuts or had a strange sense of humor.  He was gonna go for the coconuts. It certainly explained the get up.

Caelwyn winced at the sensation of the oil on his skin.  "Well Dagger.  As soon as we're done here, I want you to show me where those bastards went.  I know you led me to get me back to health.  I'm not a moron.  I really just didn't have the energy to fight you on the matter.  Bah, it stings."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Tags: