Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The wolf in the snow (Open to all!)

Started by thehiddenbeast13, August 19, 2014, 09:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehiddenbeast13

A large grey snow wolf seemed to have come out of no where and cautiously went behind a building where it cautiously sat on all fours. The large wolf closed its grey eyes and seemed to grow larger. James was now back to his human like state and quickly put his hood up over his head in order to hide his large wolf like ears. He covered his bow, quiver, and dagger into a large case to keep them from being seen, and to keep James from becoming a instant threat. He had never been to Hyoite before and didn't know how they saw things. He could see it was starting to lightly snow which had surprised him a little, but he didn't seem to mind the cold. He actually welcomed to cold from this new area. He stood up and carefully walked out from behind the wall and started to walk among the crowd.

He looked at some of the merchants and saw one that was selling arrows and other items for weaponry. James went up to the booth and remembered something that the old merchant had taught him. He started to hustle the merchant about the cost of some arrows and a bit of polish for his dagger. He smiled a little as the merchant caught his trick and they both began to laugh. The merchant agreed to James' deal and handed him some of the arrows and a bit of polish. James smiled and handed the man a few coins and left. He continued to walk around the crowd and slowly looked at all of the merchants and some of the people.

Lloyd Orodelo

Baerron was walking in a massive crowd, the only thing hiding his nudity was a piece of groin cloth that was once his perfectly white outfit. He was outraged to be in this position, he was a god after all... Well he was until his followers stopped believing.

Lost in his thoughts, he bumped in a large fellow with a hood. Was he hiding... FUR?

An insulted look on his face, he declared "How could you...!

thehiddenbeast13

James looked at the man that had just bumped into him and said,
"Hey watch it-"
He was cut off by the man saying "How could you." James looked at the man and said,
"Uh how could I what?...I think you have me confused with someone else..."
He had a odd look on his face as he tightened his hood to hide his large wolfish ears and face. As he looked at the man he noticed his tattered clothing and then thought to himself in his mind,
"Oh no...not this madness..."

Lloyd Orodelo

Feeling the stranger distress, Baerron changed his attitude. He rose his hand, offering it to shake. "I am from flesh and bones, don't worry." he tried to remain as calm and composed as he could. "My name is Baerron, god of-- he stopped to think about a good presentation but could't find one," My name is Baerron"

thehiddenbeast13

James' ears twitched from the inside of his hood when he heard the man mention his name and hold out his hand. James decided to accept the man's handshake and quickly shook it with his clawed hand with a small bit of fur along his knuckles. He quickly retracted his hand and pulled it back to his side. He heard him say that he was the god of something. James said,
"err...God of what exactly-"
He cut himself off and said with a bit of a fanged smile,
"Uh yes...my name is James."
James felt a little uncomfortable near by Baerron. He wanted to run off on all fours, or as a wolf. He looked around a little with his eyes and saw that there was no means of escape, so he simply stood still and looked at Baerron.

Lloyd Orodelo

Baerron locked his pitch black eyeballs into James'. He was staring right in his soul, trying to find if the wolf-man could be of use. Finding maybe a little something, he changed his attitude.

He smirked something he wanted to be a smile. "Do you have a house or something? I could use heat for this meat suit of mine and food to restore it."

thehiddenbeast13

James shook his head and said,
"No...But I have a room at the local tavern if you'd like.."
In the back of his mind he thought about running, but for some reason chose to stay where he was. He said,
"If you want I can take you there.."

Lloyd Orodelo

"I won't stay to long, though." He said, has he walked behind him. As they got to the tavern, he made his suit appear again.

"I'll repay you for your troubles!" He said, taking a gold piece out of his pocket.

thehiddenbeast13

James didn't accept the coin and said,
"No no it's fine...I hardly ever use that many coins myself.."
For some reason he sat like a wolf nearby the counter and seemed a little tried from being in the snow for so long. He said,
"Besides...I'm a little tired.."

Lloyd Orodelo

Baerron nodded at James, putting the coin back in his pocket. He ate a little not wanting to abuse of his companion kindness.

"You know, I could help you too. Just offer me a copper coin and ask kindly." He said with a friendly smile.

thehiddenbeast13

James said,
"No I'm fine...After all it is my room."
He could tell that he wanted to take advantage of Jame's kind spirit. He was kind, except for when someone would make fun of his race. He laughed a little and said,
"I know your tricks...An old merchant taught me the same tricks."

Lloyd Orodelo

"Fine then." sighed Baerron, "For this time it will be a gift."

As he said so, he imposed his hand over James' forehead. A warm and invigorating heat came out of it. James felt instantly better.

It wasn't the case of Baerron though. Blood poured from his nose and ears and leaked from his eyes. He grunted under the pain and dropped, blacking out.

thehiddenbeast13

James' eyes quickly widened as he saw Baerron fall unconscious on the floor. He quickly picked him up and slung him over his own shoulder and carried him to the room of the tavern. He quickly through him down on the bed and began to shake him. He said,
"Baerron are you okay?"

Kriv

Tiemerre walked through the tavern "Not an innocent soul in sight." His left head murmured to the other as his two head turned in search of a soul in need. He saw specs of blood on the floor then bent down to examine it. "There may yet be hope" The right whispered as he followed the blood upstairs.

thehiddenbeast13

James grabbed the side of the bed and started to wipe his nose, ears, and eyes with the cloth of the bed. James quickly ran out of the room and grabbed some water from the tavern owner and quickly ran back up to the room. He said with a bit of hurry,
"Come on....Come on you're going to be alright.."

Lloyd Orodelo

Bearron twitched when he heard James saying he was going to be alright. Was he sort of believing? Using all of his will power, he snapped out of it. "James, t- th- thank you!" he whispered in total pain.  He tried to sit, but he was to weak to do so.

"You wanted to know if I am a god, right? Well, yes, I am. The only problem is that with all my followers gone, I lost my essence..." his voice ended in a whisper. His exhaustion was immense.

Kriv

Teimerre heard whispers coming from a door and his left head put his ear to it so that he could hear what was going on. After a few seconds he backed away from the door and knocked not wanting to intrude.

Lloyd Orodelo

Baerron tried to retain himself from coughing blood everywhere.
"I came to this land, trying to regroup my followers. Without them, the essence making me who I am will fade away and so will I."

Everything was blurry and the sounds were muffled. The knocking on the door was faint in his ears.

Kriv

Sensing innocence fading Tiemerre burnt through the door, his heads looking around frantically for the source looking both pairs of his eyes locking onto Baerron. Completely ignoring the man tending to him. "Your innocence is dying friend, what may I do to help?" His heads said simultaneously.

Lloyd Orodelo

Baerron turned his head, locking his black eyes on the Djin. His mouth open, trying to say something, but useless it was. He grab the arm of James, inviting him to explain for him.