Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sparks in the Darks [Hellvion Ball] (private)

Started by visualspice, August 22, 2014, 02:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Don't speak of Angsar!" He bristled. But what he really meant to say was, 'Don't speak of us.'
He had been done with her, washed his hands of this mage. But he never truly got her out of his head.
"If this is Angsar's will, then he has condemned you."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

kleineklementine

Olive raised her eyebrows at Kentamin, eyes wide. "You don't think He has lessons for us? And that sometimes they are wrapped up in unexpected ways?" What she didn't say, but what would be clear, was: You, a priest, don't believe that our god has the power to move us in ways we don't understand.

But she had to huff at his last remark, bristling. And her voice darkened. "I have been condemned, Kentamin," she growled back at him. "I was dragged away from my life, beaten, raped, starved. Watched those I care about be beaten, raped, and killed. My family is dead. My own home is closed to me. I have nowhere left to go. I do not think it was Angsar's will, but I have certainly already been condemned."

visualspice

He held back accusing her. Even he knew better than that. But this sympathy made him uncomfortable, and he loathed himself for not forgetting that moment of weakness. He used to mock the idea a woman could over power a man, be his true weakness, his true ruler....
But what about relationships this complex? He felt his throat tighten as he tried to swallow down more vicious words that wanted to bubble out. Instead, he released a heated sigh through his nose and continued to look down at her, attempting indifference.

"You would question a templar? A man on the blessed path?" Though it was a question, he sought no answers and didn't leave her time to reply. His grip tightened. "I won't pretend I know your pain. And though it may seem like your life is hopeless....."and here, he hesitated, questioning again his thoughts as he peered down at her.
"You could condemn yourself to the church," he whispered. But not even be believed she'd be saved by that.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

kleineklementine

Whatever Olive might have had to say about Templar and how much she did (or, more pertinently, didn’t) trust them - it was cut short when Kentamin suggested she turn herself over to the Church.

Entrust herself to the Church. It was a joke. And Olive let out a strangled laugh of disbelief. She stared at him, mouth open, at a loss for words for several moments before she finally replied.

“Is that… a joke?” she finally found herself asking. “Because it’s in bad taste. The Church… You have no idea what’s going on, do you?”

Another silence followed as Olive stared at him, caught between words, vaguely shaking her head.

“I did entrust myself to the Church. Every day of my life. Even after I was sent to the camps, I made the crucial error of trusting the Church. Trusting a Templar. I have blood on my hands from that decision that I'll have to live with for the rest of my life, however short that may prove to be,” she said, bitterness was growing in her voice now. “Do you know what they do, outside of our borders? Where no one can see them? Because I do. I do. I trust Angsar, but I think it has been many years since the Church has been doing His will.”

visualspice

He couldn't believe this twist of faith, this twist in his gut, as he found himself growling at her through his teeth.
"You can not hate the whole church for those corrupted by the war."
For even he knew, as much as he wanted to remain ignorant to it, that what happened to Olive, and to the others...
HAD happened. It was real.

"But in times of war..." But he stopped himself short of finishing that thought, where as, had they never been so.... close, he'd have finished that thought with a whipping crack of his tongue. But she made him waver. And he hated her for it.

kleineklementine

"I don't!" she retorted quickly, her temper flaring. "You think I don't still love the brothers and the sisters who counseled me through my youth? That I've forgotten all the men and women of the cloth who showed me compassion when lay people only saw my Mark and shunned me? Of course I haven't!"

Olive set her jaw, eyes blazing as she collected the next words. Her voice lowered, but seethed with anger. "But if you think that is who is controlling the Church now, you're blind. Willfully or no. Probably it never was. But regardless, whatever my personal feelings are, they wouldn't change the reality of what would happen to me if I gave myself to the Church now. And I would swear on the fresh grave of my mother that Angsar would have no hand in it."

visualspice

He didn't like this questioning of his religion, this cracks in the surface of the facade to what was truth. He never once cared if there was a layer of molten lava beneath the stead fast rock of his religion. He was ignorant. Perhaps it was only he who was to blame, or his parents, or the neglect there of. He didn't have anything to compare to what she stated, any of her strife, her woes. Perhaps he was more jealous than confused, for his passions he hoped to lie in the church, but here it seemed all foundations were shaking.

He released a growl of his own as he looked at her.
"I know your fate well enough." And his eyes moved as if to read her. What could he say? Could he do? And before he could stop himself, he offered in a hiss, accompanied by a rougher grip on her arm.
"I'll take you to the stables. You can take my horse and get out of here. But once you do..." And he tried to keep a hard gaze on his eyes, but it was evident his resolve was breaking.
"Don't ever come back. Leave this war. Leave this place. Only more pain can await you here."

That was the right thing to do, was it not? To get her out of here? He saw that as the only way. Those Serendipians... they were much more lenient..
Why did the mages not move there? Why were they so... stubborn?
If he were a mage..

And it was only then he realized he ever tried to put himself in her shoes. And at that, his expression quickly changed.

kleineklementine

What Olive should have said then was, ‘Yes, thank you, you’re right. I’ll go to the stables with you and leave forever.’ Then she could have followed Kentamin down to the stables, knocked him over the head with a cast iron tool, and gotten back to the business at hand. But somehow those weren’t the words she heard coming out of her mouth.

“I can’t do that. This is my home.” Something changed in Olive’s expression, too. It would be wrong to say that it softened, but some of the anger drained out of it. Replaced by a certain heaviness… despair? Olive wasn’t sure herself what she was feeling as she continued, “I can’t run away, I can’t put my own life before my country. I’m not just a Connlaothian, I’m a Carwick, I’m my father’s daughter. I've had so much privilege in my life... even since the war... how could I use that to just save myself? My family has always believed, first and foremost, that we are put in the service of our people. How could I take that and throw it away? How could I turn my back on everything my father taught me? Who would I be then? Not Constance Carwick.”

There was something imploring in her eyes. She needed to speak those words to someone. She needed to have someone understand them. It was selfish, she knew, because it was keeping her from her real mission. The one in service of all the words that just came out of her mouth. But in that moment, she couldn’t see that.

visualspice

Did she have to respond in that way? Why couldn't she just accept it? Take the horse and be out of here? I mean, he was offering away his horse- which, if the order knew about it...
He was certain it could have him kicked out. And though this infuriated him, he could not be angry at such a response. Despite being enemies, he understood those noble words.

But why should he care? Or why should she? To him, he had already villianized all mages throughout the land. But somehow, in that moment, even that horrifying moment in the past seemed to be cast aside, over shadowed. And he wasn't sure how to reply.

"You could die here, Constance," he found himself growling between his teeth. "Do I have to drag you down to the stables myself?"

kleineklementine

"I know that," Olive answered quietly.

It was the only thing she could think to say. And at the distance between them, Kentamin couldn't possibly miss the sincerity in her face.

visualspice

His own anger faltered, and his emotions were showing through. He didn't know what to say to that though,a nd found his grip, yet again, growing stronger. He'd probably be hurting her from it, but he was even blind to that fact.
And all he could say was her name, through a frustrated growl as the tension around them mountained higher and seemed to challenge that of the Kilanthro's.

kleineklementine

Olive didn't say anything. Her face tightened, though, as Kentamin's grip did. Her eyes never left his; open and imploring, but at the same time strong and determined. She lifted her hand, placing it on top of the hand gripping her. His skin was hot compared to hers in the cool night air.

visualspice

Angsar save him. He was a fool. He was a sinner. But he couldn't control himself. He dropped his grip on her arm and moved to cup her face, and before he had enough sense to hate himself first, he kissed her, hard and passionately on the lips, his mind becoming dizzy and going back to the fires they had shared those cold nights before.

He was a fool. He was a sinner.
But he had fallen hard for this.... mage.

kleineklementine

Olive returned the action immediately, shifting her weight forward and standing for a moment tip-toe to meet his kiss. Her arms reached up to wrap around his neck and she leaned her body against his. In that moment, she wasn't thinking.

But that moment couldn't last forever. Because she'd meant everything she said to Kentamin.

Only half-forming a plan, not more than one step ahead, Olive only broke away from the kiss after what felt like half an eternity. When she did, she was still close enough to Kentamin that her nose was nearly touching his.

"We can't do this here," she breathed. But she left the meaning of 'here' open. It could mean the ball... or it could mean right here in the open garden.

visualspice

When their lips parted, he was breathing heavy. His eye lids were lowered and he looked at her with a curious sort of longing. What was this anyways? And why did it happen here.
"Elsewhere... we can... take this, elsewhere," he whispered through breaths.

kleineklementine

That was, though part of her hated herself for it, what Olive wanted to hear. For a moment, she just stared at him. Then she nodded breathlessly, her arms still around Kentamin's neck.

Now what, Olive?

Even if her motives diverged from Kentamin's, the Templar wasn't the only one caught up in the moment and Olive was having a hard time keeping her head clear. Where could they go? Away from the house... far enough to lack both eyes and ears. Olive looked around, still standing there with her arms around Kentamin, trying to recall. She'd been here as a child on several occasions. Before she was Marked, when Melora still thought her an appropriate playmate for Aella.

Racking her memory, she brought forth the image of a small, stone edifice that they had pretended to run away to. It was an old gatehouse from when the estate had different boundaries than it did now. Olive saw no real reason to think it wouldn't still be there, tucked away by a little stream and small patch of woods.

"I know," she said suddenly, and released Kentamin from her arms to take his hand. She glanced around once for prying eyes, before taking the Templar's hand and leading him deeper into the gardens.

visualspice

The further they went into the dark, the harder his heart pounded and the further he felt he was following his 'chosen path'. What was he doing? Nothing good could come from this, and after he thought they had gone sufficiently deep enough into the gardens, he stopped suddenly and gripped her hand firmly.

"Constance.. wait."

kleineklementine

Olive froze as soon as Kentamin spoke. She'd already felt his pace slowing as she led him through the garden. They were so close now...

She turned, and for half a moment she considered kissing him again before he had the chance to say anything else. But he was so.... sensitive, she wasn't sure if it was the right idea.

So instead she took a step closer to him, gently touching his cheek. But she didn't say anything. She waited for him, her green eyes, wide in the dim night light, fixed on him.

visualspice

Kentamin studied her face, really studied it.
"You know it's not too late to take my horse... to get out of here."

kleineklementine

"I don't want to get out of here now," Olive answered slowly, purposefully, her eyes locked on Kentamin, "not that way." She paused, her eyes returning his probing gaze, smoothing her hand over his cheek. Then said softly, "But I won't force you to come with me."