Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The laughter you hear when listening to the wind.

Started by Lloyd Orodelo, September 03, 2014, 07:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Orodelo

Thunder was rumbling and the winds were moaning. At dusk, the biggest snowstorm came to Hyoite. Villagers and merchants took shelter inside houses and inns. But one man was still out... or at least one very small man.

Warren stared at the clouds, on verge of insanity. No storm he ever saw looked that powerful before. "... A maelstrom!" he whispered, his eyes shaking under his immense excitation.

Running through the village, tripping and falling in the snow, he jumped about his flying caravel, The Cloud Chaser IV. Tonight was THE night, the night were his whole life would be tested; the night where his theories would become true.

The Cloud Chaser IV was a magnificent caravel, its sails replaced by a hot air balloon. The crest of his family was printed on the balloon, lightning coming out of a cloud.

Kriv

Ashtal's ship sailed easily through the harsh weather, the onyx bow of his ship cutting through rouge waves as if they were butter. "Ship hoe cap'n!" A skeleton yelled from the crow's nest. "Wha' the hell you talkin' bout mate?" Ashtal asked.

"There!" the skeleton yelled pointing to the skies. Ashtal's eyes widened at the sight.

"Full sails!" Ashtal yelled running to the steering wheel of his ship, The JabberJaw, he pushed away the specter that was piloting his ship. "Come now lads it's just three leagues more!" He shouted as the rest of his crew roared with excitement.

Lloyd Orodelo

Warren was was alone aboard his own ship, setting sail towards the storm. Using his affinity with the wind, he kept his boat steady inside the clouds. "So many... So beautiful..." he was shouting at the wheel as lightning streaked the night sky.

He locked the wheel and jumped on the lower deck, readying his apparatus for the dangerous operation he was about to pull out. The machine looked like a giant butterfly net made of electromagnetic treads of Warren invention.

The hull opened, letting Warren and his lightning catcher apparatus extend in front of it. A loud laugh could be heard miles around in the winds. Warren was on verge of losing the last bit of sanity he had, like every time he was hunting.

Kriv

Ashtal got The JabberJaw to come to a halt under The Cloud Chaser IV Ashtal yelled an order and 12 grappling hooks shot upwards, burying themselves in the hull of the Cloud Chaser. AShtal yelled another order and the Caravel lurched And the Jabberaw slowly lifted upwards.

Lloyd Orodelo

Warren heard the voice over the rage of the nature. Turning around, his eyes projecting a insane look at whatever he was looking at.
"This is MY storm, be gone!" he yelled, pressing a button on his armrest.

A canon appear under the ship, slowly taking aim at the JabberJaw. The gnome wasn't quite fond of unwanted guest on his hull.

Kriv

As Ashtal reached the hulled of the ship and climbed aboard he yelled a few commands and the JabberJaw unhooked itself from the hull of The Cloud Chaser and fell back into the ocean. As Ashtal wandered about the lower brig when he spotted a Dwarven man. He quickly pressed himself against the wall to avoid sight.

Lloyd Orodelo

"And don't come back!" yelled Warren, waving his tiny fist above his head. He fired a warning shot, to the right of the JabberJaw.

He returned his full attention at the clouds, waiting a sign.

Kriv

Ashtal drew his flintlocks and aimed them at the Dwarve's head as he came from around the corner. "Right now lad, jus' point me to tha' loot and I'll be on ma merry way."

Lloyd Orodelo

The gnome turned around, locking his eyes on the flintlock. The fire of madness seemed to call down as he snapped out of it.

"There is no bounty on this ship good sir, I'm only a lightning catcher." he said, gulping on his saliva. "the only treasure I have aboard are my precious captures."

Kriv

"Precious you say?" Kriv said as he relaxed slightly, still keeping aim. "Is that what keeps this ship floatin'?" He asked.

Lloyd Orodelo

"No actually, that would be me."He answered nervously. "Lightnings are only for my science, I try to make energy out of them that could change the world... If my theories are right."

He tried to hide his fear under his passion for thunder, making the fire in his eyes grow more and more intense as he spoke.

Kriv

"How much would these lightnings sell for?" Ashtal asked placing his free hand on his rapier.

Lloyd Orodelo

Warren took a few minutes to think about his next answer. The strange creature was right, he could sell them to powerful wizards. This could turn in favor for him if he played his cards well. But the question was how much could he get for one.

"There is no such market in the world, my good sir." he answered, trying to be pleasing. "I could do some research though. But if you want to sell them you need the right equipment to pack them. Dead could result if you handle them to roughly."

Marking another pause, he thought about a plan quickly.

"You know..." he said with a nervous chuckle, hesitating. His hands were joined and rubbing each other, "You know, we could think about a partnership. I have the knowledge and the equipment and you have a network ready to buy anything."

Kriv

"This sounds quite interesting.." Ashtal said. "Go get me one of these lightning." He ordered motioning with his flintlock.

Lloyd Orodelo

Warren went on the lower bridge, where the collected matter was stored in canisters. They were also Warren's invention.

He came back quickly, holding one of them.

"Here's a piece of advice, never open it unless you know how to manipulate lightning."

Kriv

"Yeah yeah.." Ashtal said as he snatched the canister and examined it. "I'll take this down to the black markets, see what it's worth, but when I come back, and you're gone, I will hunt you down." Ashtal said as he walked to the upper deck.

Lloyd Orodelo

"As i said before, mister the pirate, there is no demand for this new matter because, as its inventor, I never revealed this dangerous thing to the world without knowing its full potential. The only thing you will find on the black market is a cadaver, as your buyer opens this canister and fry himself to dead." said Warren with confidence and honesty.

He took the canister back, offering to store it back before accidents could happen.

Kriv

Yeah, whatever mate" Ashtal said before jumping back onto his ship.

Lloyd Orodelo

"Wait, we could create something with all of this!... Become nobles... Or Maybe KINGS!" he said, press ion on the words to get his attention, "And all of this with the power of gods! Everything we could ever need for us, at the flick of a switch."

Warren looked at Ashtal with a crazy look on his face, his eyes burning with passion and intelligence.

"And everything could be OURS if we cooperate! You could show to everyone that even a necromencer pirate can become anything."

Kriv

"Wha' is that supposed to mean?" AShtal said as he turned around drawing his flintlock one more, putting it directly to the dwarf's temple. "I happen to take some pride in ma' work mate." He said, as he tapped his index finger on the barrel of his gun.