Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Calling Down the Moon [M]

Started by Rhindeer, September 09, 2014, 10:34:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Misae cracked a smile at that and rose to her feet, brushing dirt from her knees. "That's very true, but the Essyrni don't expect their slaves to fight back. He was very wrong, though, and it cost him, and will continue to cost him," she said. "Though it can never buy back what he took."

She fell silent for a moment, her nerves increasing; drawing that map made the realization of what they were planning sink in more. The realization that they were about to rob her ex-master and flee  the country.

Flee the country...

What a frightening thought. She'd never been anywhere but Essyrn and the desert around it.

"Ky," she said after a pause, looking at the ground. "Where is it we're going? After all this?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

"I'm...not quite sure. We should have enough to go very far away," He said, and stuffed the rest of the map-making supplies (and maps) into his knapsack.

He  gently cupped her jaw with two of his hands, and moved her head so she'd look at him. "Don't worry, I'm going to help you. After all, I'm an angel by your people's definition. It's my sacred duty," He said, and chuckled lightly.

"If you don't want to go inside with me, you don't have to."

Rhindeer

Looking up at him as Ky cupped her face, Misae cracked a little smile, even though it was still hidden beneath her veil.

"I appreciate that," she said, "though...it would feel cowardly not to go. And if I got any details wrong..." She shook her head. "I was drawing from memory alone, Ky, and it's different when you have to draw a 'looking down' view of something you've only seen from a ground perspective. Like I said, I'm no artist. I'll go."

And then she shrugged and tilted her head. "Maybe it'll give closure, who knows? Anyway, what's an angel?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

"An angel, um..."

Ky wasn't too sure about that himself, since he'd only heard the term used out in the greener lands of Serendipity, Adela, all that.

"Well, an Angel's a benevolent servant of heaven. They protect it from evil, and do the bidding of the god they serve. As I told you, I come from a world very far from this one, among the stars, and I'm protecting you and helping you through this difficult time. That classifies me as an angel."

Rhindeer

"Oh. So kind of like a seytil..." Misae said, translating it to what she understood. "The Essyrni, their god has winged messengers called seytil that guard against evil and do their god's bidding. Is that the same thing?"

And then she laughed and gave him a teasing look. "Where are your wings?"

DaGlobster

"Oh, you mean my two extra appendages? Right here," He said as he pushed against the middle of his wrappings with the two arms he kept concealed. He motioned towards the exit of the alley with his head.

"I can pretty much fly, as well. I can get across these rooftops so easily, you'd think I was a bird."

Rhindeer

And then Misae gave him a sly look as she headed out of the alley with him.

"It's said the seytil are also genderless."

DaGlobster

Ky was silent for a few moments, seemingly defeated.

"It's said they're genderless. It sounds like it hasn't been confirmed."

Rhindeer

Misae laughed and smacked his arm lightly. "Well, those are the seytil. I'm know nothing about the differences between them and angels, if there are any."

DaGlobster

"They sound pretty similar..." Ky commented.

Soon enough, they were back out onto the street, and he eyed the passing people, before looking back down at Misae.

"Lead the way."

Rhindeer

"It's going to take about a day to get there," Misae said as she took the lead. "He lives on the other side of Essyrn, in the Western Delta."

She grimaced. "I heard they're having crocodile hunts there today. With the slaves."

DaGlobster

Ky scowled at that, shaking his head. "Despicable..."

He started to walk faster, anxious to complete the small journey ahead of them.

Rhindeer

[Time skip? =O]

It took the better part of the day to reach the noble district, and by then Misae was exhausted. She hadn't traveled that much in a day since her escape! And when she already wasn't eating much at all, or getting much rest, that was really taxing on her body.

She didn't talk much during the trip, lost in her own thoughts and worried about what could happen, what could go wrong, and she finally had to pull Ky to a stop and take a breather. She hadn't asked to stop much during their trip, as eager to get it all over with as Ky was.

"We're almost there," she said, and looked skyward. It was already dark, just a little light remaining, though it wasn't yet dark enough to see the stars. At least, not for her with her poor vision.

"If he's kept his habits consistent, he's probably retiring to bed right about now," she said, adjusting her veil. "More than likely with one of his slaves."

DaGlobster

"A shame," Ky started.

"I am not a violent creature, but part of me was hoping I'd run into him."

He knelt down by her again, looking around. "Are you alright to continue? You look exhausted..."

Rhindeer

"I'm fine," Misae said with a reassuring smile. "Tired, yes, but eager to get this over with. Don't worry about me--it's just been a long time since I've done the all-day walks my people used to do!"

DaGlobster

Casting a concerned glance at her, Ky stood back up to his full height.

"Very well. Where do we go from here?"

Rhindeer

"See that place over there?" Misae said, pointing in the distance to a three story home, large and elegant and staring down on the surrounding homes. "That's where he lives. We'll go there, and..."

She looked over at Ky. "And I suppose that's where your skills come in. I've never broken into a place before. I couldn't tell you what the best way is."

DaGlobster

"I wasn't really expecting you to be able to, but you can tell me something else..." He started, staring up at the house looming ahead of them.

"The guards carry keys, correct?"

Rhindeer

"They do," Misae said with a nod. "Or rather, the patrol officer does--the main guard on duty, who oversees the other for their shift. He carries the keys and unlocks anything the others need to have unlocked. For security reasons."

She pursed her lips, thinking. "He's usually pretty easy to spot. He wears a different uniform than the others, and doesn't patrol just one area--he makes the rounds to check on everyone else."

DaGlobster

"Well, then we'll just have to liberate them from him," Ky said.

"Is there any sort of challenge I can expect from these guards, or are they just brutes in armor?"