Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Harvest Moon [CalamityMei!]

Started by Rhindeer, September 24, 2014, 08:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Evening was falling, and the orange harvest moon was rising. It was a beautiful evening, not too warm or cool, and the town center was alive with the merry sounds of laughing children and playing minstrels, and the fresh scents of baked goods, fresh fruits, and cooked meats. Large tables had been brought out and pushed together, decorated with baskets of fruits and sweets, and ale was brought out by the barrel and served in plenty to the many revelers.

It was the first harvest festival of the year, a time when folks from all walks of life flocked to the town center to celebrate and enjoy the year's crop. Many soldiers returned home during this time--some staying to help their families through the winter, many returning to service after a few days of leave, so it was an especially important time for many families, who got to see their sons for the first time in months--or even longer.

Delwyn remembered those days fondly, what it had been like to come home for the festival after being on the field for so long, and even though it had been two years since he'd come home for good, it was still special to him. It was a time for catching up with old friends, enjoying some good ale--

And, you know, dancing with a pretty girl or two.

A large, grassy area had been cleared out to serve as a makeshift dance floor, and after several mugs of ale, Delwyn found himself out there, dancing with a pretty innkeeper's daughter. She was rather cute, her braided hair laced with colorful ribbons, and her large breasts were certainly an added perk, heaving with her every breath against her tight bodice. He certainly wouldn't object to spending a night in her inn.

Preferably in her bed.

As the current song came to an end, Delwyn took her hand and tugged her inward, twirling her into his arms and then dipping her while she squealed and threw her arms around his neck. He flashed her a bright grin and wiggled his eyebrows at her teasingly, then pulled her upright again so she stumbled and fell against his chest, panting and laughing. Bringing his hand to her chin, he tipped her head up so he could meet her eyes, and tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"That was fun," he told her, while she flushed--from exertion, and a fresh blush. Taking a step back from her, he caught her hand in his and brought it to his lips. "Thank you for the dance, m'lady. It was a pleasure--and, I hope, the first of many. Would my lady like to join me for refreshments?"

"Oh!" The girl laughed, taking her hand back with a deeper blush, and motioned helplessly toward the crowd. "Oh, I'd love to, but I should go check on my husband!" she said, and Delwyn's eyes widened. "Make sure he's not drinking himself sick!"

Well!

"Ah. Ah, yes, of course!" Delwyn said, with an awkward laugh, his sexy thoughts instantly crushed. "Well, m'lady, it was certainly a pleasure! Er, good luck!"

Damn!

Frowning, Delwyn watched her go, then headed to the table, poured himself more ale from the tap, and took a long swallow.

Tonight was just not his night.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

CalamityMei

The evening was a spectacle and one to be treasured by all, even a servant girl like Naevia. She relished in the foreign feeling of partial freedom, as other noble families came to the harvest, their servants following behind. She wore a simple dress, something light, chiffon to be exact. It was in a beautiful periwinkle colour, with a plunging neckline and draping all the way to hang just above the floor. It was to show off the wealth of the family she served, that they can even garb their servant in such luxuries. But of course, she still wore the wooden clasp around her wrist, signifying that she was still indeed, a slave.

She wasn't the only servant to come with the Fern family, they had brought along another two for a mixture of company and in case they needed anything, she assumed. They started with pleasantries greeting other noble families, conversing with them, gaining links. She was used to these formalities, she stood and watched, only pouring wine when needed.

Her masters, The Ferns, the Lord and Lady were rather generous when the occasion called for it. She had served under them for many seasons now, becoming a trusted servant, earning her place in their home. Despite their mild leniency they were firm when they needed to be and punished accordingly, such was expected of a noble household, leniency was always seen as a weakness by others.

"Naevia, would you please fetch more wine, we have already washed the casket dry!" Lady Freya spoke with such delight, and without looking at her, too engrossed in the seedy conversation with another lady, something about a Lord being caught in bed with another. Again, another element Naevia was used to.

"Yes Mi'lady." She bowed her head out of respect before twirling around in the search for more wine. Her braided hair whipped across her shoulder, and her eyes scanned the grassy grounds, the amass of people making it hard to locate such things. She scowered above their heads, a constant flurry of 'excuse me' and 'sorry' coming from her mouth, until she bumped into someone.

She didn't even look at them, instead, she just bowed deeply, repeating her apology and hoping to the Gods it was not a powerful noble.

Rhindeer

Unfortunately for Naevia, it was.

And even more unfortunate for Naevia? When she'd bumped into the Lord, he spilled the wine he was carrying.

Lord Brennan was a retired captain not known for his empathy but renowned for his temper, and that was a dangerous combination when combined with alcohol.  He was a brick house of a man, and when he whirled on the girl, a violet stain spreading across his fine silk jerkin, he towered over her. For a moment he just stared down at Naevia with eyes narrowed in anger and face ruddy from booze. His scowl only deepened when his eyes flicked to her wrist and he noted the band that marked her as a slave.

"Stupid little bitch!" he snarled, and raised a large hand. "Watch where you're--!"

"Whoa there!" Delwyn caught the man's wrist right as he swung. He had been minding his own business, drinking his ale and people watching, but the sound of the man's raised voice had drawn his attention. Thankfully, he was fast, and he'd managed to cross the distance and step in just in time.

"Easy there, mate. It'd be awfully embarrassing to strike this one, considering she's my property. I'd like her unmarred, thank you."

It was a total bluff, and Delwyn hoped her real master wasn't nearby to hear that! But he took the chance, because there was no rationalizing with Lord Brennan--but the threat of an embarrassing  public relations disaster with another powerful nobleman was certainly enough to straighten him up!

Lord Brennan paused, glaring at Delwyn, but then his arm relaxed and he tugged free. "You'll owe me for this," he growled, jerking her thumb at his damaged jerkin. "Keep a better handle on your slave."

"Of course, Lord Brennan. Tell me what I owe you, and I'll send a courier. Now, if you'll excuse me, that apple pie over there is calling my name."

With a smile and a bow, he took hold of Naevia's wrist and turned from Lord Brennan, tugging her along with him as he headed back to the tables. He hadn't been lying about the apple pie--it was begging to be ravished!

As he walked with Naevia, he leaned a little closer to her. "You'll keep that little lie of mine between us, won't you? I don't think your master would be pleased. Are you okay?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

CalamityMei

She cowered and kept her head low as the man was about to strike her, but as quick as the situation had arisen, was as quickly as it diminished. Another man got involved, one with a confident voice, cocky almost, and next thing she knew was she was being tugged along by her wrist, her heart hammered in her ears and her hands trembled slightly.

She now glanced up from the ground, to the man who had saved her and she had to admit, momentarily she was startled by his handsome demeanor, the way he held himself, and how his jawline was chiselled, but she soon swept such thoughts away, she was a servant. She dropped her head once more, dipping her head in respect. "Of course my Lord and I am fine, thank you my Lord."

Relief washed over as her trembling dissipated, and she remembered her reasoning for having come out in the first place, the wine. "My Lord and Lady will be wondering where I am, I must return." Her voice was full of earnest, her eyes going back to scanning the crowd looking for a casket of wine.

Rhindeer

Delwyn looked down at the woman as she spoke, and got his first good look at her. In the chaos of the moment, when he'd been focused on saving her from a beating, he hadn't gotten a chance to take in her appearance. But now...

She probably didn't notice him looking at her, keeping her head down as she was, but that suited him, because it meant he could really observe her. How did a woman like that end up a slave? She was gorgeous, her skin smooth, her hair like the golden fields at harvest, and her lips quite kissable--the sort of woman who looked like servants should be waiting upon her, and not the other way around. Unfortunately, that was not how the world worked, and Delwyn had seen enough out on the field to know that pretty girls often wound up slaves or worse because they were pretty.

They did not go unnoticed, and someone with the power and the means decided they must have her.

He could feel her trembling as he held her wrist, and once they were far enough away, he released her. "To whom do you belong?" he asked, curious. She was so skittish that he had to wonder about her masters. He knew many of the nobles, or at least their reputations, to know who treated their underlings with kindness or cruelty.

"Are they letting you enjoy the festival at all? Or must you remain at their side the entire time?"

CalamityMei

"To Lord and Lady Fern, my Lord." She raised her head slightly now, looking up at him as he looked down at her, green orbs cascading down his form, taking in his posture, his stature, he was certainly of noble value, even a blind person would feel the intricacies in his garbs to know he was of noble blood. She wouldn't lie, he was handsome, there was a rugged neatness about him, the way he presented himself was attractive and commercial, such was a requirement in a setting with others of high nobility.

It made her think, when was the last time she had ever slept with someone? Heck when was the last time she learned to love? Months? Years? Although her position as a slave caused her to tend to such needs when required of her masters, it still wasn't passionate, thrilling, exciting. There was always an important part missing, it was as she shook her head she dismissed such thoughts, the seconds of silence making her blush ever so slightly.

At his inquisition she thought of an appropriate way to answer. Although her masters were not particularly strict, they weren't overly kind either. They were blunt people, keeping to themselves only using servants as a means to serve under them and aid when needed. Although other requirements may come from them, for the most part she poured wine, cleaned and entertained when guests were at their establishment.

"My masters, they require my assistance, I must be at their side until they bid me otherwise." She gave a dip of her head once more, her neck would ache once the evening was over if she kept bowing like this.

She had questions for him too, circling in her head like a vulture, such as who he was, and why was he so interested in a slave? Of course, she was nothing more than a servant, and a servant does not ask questions to nobles.

Rhindeer

The Ferns? Ah, them. Delwyn had interacted with them when the occasion served, and recalled them being fair, even generous--qualities that made him regard them as trustworthy and genuine. He liked to pay close attention to how the people around him treated their slaves and servants, because he believed that how one treated those beneath them said a lot about one's character. People who were cruel to those of a lower station were people he could not trust.

People like Lord Brennan, for example.

It was a basic principle he had learned in the military, and he found it held true in all facets of life. But still, the poor thing was so nervous--which didn't line up with what he knew of the Ferns. Either they were not her first owners, or they were very, very careful about what they presented to the public.

"Hmm, is that so? That's a shame," Delwyn said, and reached down to lightly cup her chin in his fingers and tip her head up so he could look at her. "You can look at me when you talk. I won't be angry. In any case, I suppose I'd better let you get back to your work, but..."

He smiled, gave a little shrug. "If you get a chance to break away, maybe you'd care to join me for a dance? You can tell them Lord Byrne asked."

People would talk, no doubt. A lord dancing with a slave? But Delwyn didn't care. He already had a reputation, so it wasn't like it would be a shock. There was nothing that shocking about a lord known for taking tavern girls to his bed flirting with a pretty slave. If anything, that was expected--after all, weren't slaves there to be used?

But right then, Delwyn just felt sorry for her. Oh, his motives weren't entirely pure--those lips were definitely begging for a taste--but she had just suffered a scare, and she looked pretty miserable. And this was a day--and night!--meant for revelry! It wasn't fair that she couldn't have a little fun, so why not?

CalamityMei

His touch was gentle, lingering precariously close to being a caress, for a moment, she could have sworn he would have dipped down and kissed her right there and then, and the way her heart hammered, was she hoping him to? His touch was all but gone as he proposed a dance if her masters would let her, of course she was a timid girl, one who knew little to no dancing, she was more skilled in making sure everyones goblets were filled to the brim with a fine vintage.

His name rang a bell, perhaps her masters had mentioned him once, being a Lord she wouldn't be surprised, they had gatherings very rarely however, so the name may just be one fleeting through her mind, through the many letters that Lord Fern wrote. She couldn't come to fully answer his proposal, not because she didn't want to, but she didn't want to be presumptuous, she was a slave, the Ferns slave, she was meant to be invisible, fade into the crowd and stand like a statue waiting to be seen.

"I thank you for your kindness, Lord Byrne." She bowed her head one last time, but on this occasion her eyes settled on his, under long, cheek-hugging lashes she took off into the crowds, seeking out a casket of wine before returning. It took her a little while before she stumbled across one and taking it into her arms she rushed back to her masters, who were idly chatting, laughing at something crude.

"My Lord and Lady Fern, please forgive me for keeping you waiting. Your wine." She filled their goblets, until they dismissed her with a simple movement of the hand.

"Naevia..." She stopped in her tracks, as Lord Fern addressed her. "You were talking to Lord Byrne, yes?" She looked at him wide eyed, his speculation on par, the man was keenly observant, the eyes of other servants must have been on her.

"Yes my Lord...." She dared to glance up, his look questioning, not harsh but not soft. "He proposed I ask you to let me have one dance with him my Lord." She looked back down, the grassy ground becoming a familiar sight. She could hear him click his tongue in thought, the drumming of his fingers against his goblet was almost deafening in the crowded area.

"If Lord Byrne is requesting for you to dance with him, I suggest you do so." He gave a small smile and nod of his head in approval, before turning back to his wife, rejoining the conversation to whence he left it.

A smile briefly flickered over Naevia's lips, and she came out of the bow, her back straightened and she scanned the crowd for Lord Byrne. Maybe this was a bad idea, after all she was a slave, it would make his nobility look soiled, and she knew he probably wanted nothing more than a night of passion. Her thoughts as per always were a whirlwind in her head, and without thinking she wandered the crowds, following the music as a quartet played upbeat music and couples laughed and danced.

Rhindeer

Delwyn had filled his time by helping himself to more honey mead, while keeping an eye out for the slave girl. He wasn't sure if she'd take him up on his invitation--or even if she could. But just in case, he watched the crowds for a sign of her honeyed hair, because he didn't want to miss her and have her to think he'd stood her up and made a fool of her. If she didn't come, though, he couldn't really blame her; for a slave, who was conditioned to be submissive and subservient, it might be intimidating having some nobleman ask for a dance.

He was just finishing off the last of his drink when he saw her, and she seemed to be looking for something--or someone. Had she managed to get away? Setting his mug down on the table, Delwyn excused himself from the group he'd been chatting with and headed out to meet her.

Coming up behind her, he tapped her shoulder lightly, not wanting to startle her, for he knew slaves could be jumpy.

"Looking for me?" he asked with a grin.

CalamityMei

The tap on her shoulder was a warm welcome as she turned and saw the grinning face. "My Lord." She bowed her head in greeting, her heart fluttering at the thought of seeing him again, a slave like her, never had these type of opportunities.

"My master accepted the invitation for one dance." She looked up at him now, her eyes dancing in the dim light of the lanterns. "Just one dance." She looked on nervously at where the other nobles were dancing, there was a minimal number of slaves enjoying the festivities, many just watching on, not as lucky as her.

"I must warn you my Lord, I do not dance, not very well at least." She gave the first hints of humour behind her solid emerald eyes, but even that only lasted for a second before she regained her serious composure. There was something about him, something that made her slowly but surely come out of her shell, he was breaking the walls around her and even though she would deny it, she found it....refreshing. 

Rhindeer

Delwyn laughed at that, a good-natured sound, as he caught her hand in his. "That's alright," he said, still grinning. "I can teach you. And if you're really worried, I can always fetch you a cup of wine or mead before we go out there. You know what they say about liquid courage."

He winked at her. "Besides, you always dance better when you're tipsy. And from what I've seen, everyone else is so drunk by now, I doubt they'll notice your mistakes. Before we go, though..."

Lifting her hand, he pressed a light kiss to her knuckles and raised his eyes to hers. "May I ask my lady's name?"

CalamityMei

She wasn't going to lie, she felt like a noble woman, and as his lips met her hand she couldn't help the blush rise to her cheeks. "Naevia, my Lord." He was probably right upon the liquid courage part, but she couldn't risk getting clumsy, for when she returned to her masters she'd still have to serve them, no more walking into nobles and spilling their drink upon them.

"As for the wine, I will have to pass, but thank you." She bowed her head at his offer, and with her hand in his they walked amongst the dancing crowd. Although many were focused on the dance at hand, a handful looked over quizzically at the two, noting the bangle upon her wrist, before whispering something to their partners.

She knew this would happen, and she just hope she wasn't about to soil the Lords reputation with her awful dancing ability.

Rhindeer

"Naevia?" Delwyn repeated, testing the name for himself as he lead her out toward the makeshift dance floor. "I've never heard that before. That's really pretty."

They were soon at the dance floor, and using his grip on her hand, Delwyn spun Naevia around to face him. He kept a hold on her hand, and guided her other hand to his shoulder before placing his free hand at her waist. He could feel eyes on him--on them--but ignored them for now, his eyes only for Naevia. Let them watch and let them gossip! If anything, Delwyn enjoyed the attention, and liked that he could cause such scandal!

It kept things interesting, after all, and Ansgar knew he needed that!

"I'm Delwyn, by the way," he said as he began to move, gently guiding her along over the grass. "Feel free to call me that, while it's just you and me. Lord just sounds so...stuffy. Ah, now, here we go, just let me lead you, try not to step on my feet, and you're dancing! See, not so hard, right?"

CalamityMei

She looked up at him wide eyed, as she found herself innately moving to the music. "Ah my Lo- I mean, Lord Delwyn, I cannot address you without your title, for me to do so would be...it would be too forward of me, too prudent." She glanced at the floor, watching their feet sway and step, as other people whispered and looked on.

"After all, I am only here for one dance." She didn't want to think of the dance coming to an end, not lose the way he looked at her, and how her name danced on his tongue. The hand on her waist was well noted by her, and even though he held her firmly, there was that balance between it being comfortable and alluring.

Rhindeer

"One dance, hm? Then we'd better make this one last," Delwyn said, and glanced briefly over the crowd in the direction of the Ferns. They weren't watching them, unlike many of the others; they looked busy with their own conversation, chatting with another Lord and Lady while other servants poured them wine, and from their laughter, he'd guess they'd had a lot of wine.

Looking back to his lovely dance partner, Delwyn lifted his hand and twirled her out from him, then spun her back in, catching her against his chest and putting an arm around her, for no doubt that would have thrown her off balance. He grinned playfully down at her and tilted her head up toward his.

"Though maybe we can sneak in a little more fun before you have to go," he said, tapping her on the nose. "Your masters seem...distracted. And I'd be happy to take the blame for keeping you past your allotted time."

CalamityMei

She fell against his chest clumsily, the action having struck her off balance ever so slightly. The arm around her pulled her closer to him, feeling her body press to his form as she looked up at him under long lashes.

She peered over to where his gaze lingered, upon her masters. They were indeed enjoying themselves, perhaps even too much, the constant pouring of wine in their goblets suggested that they may have had one too many.

She was forced to look at him as he tilted her head up, her face looking at him inquisitively. He was certainly forward, cocky almost, and she had to smile at that, a small one that tugged at the edges of her lips. She fully considered his offer, what could a few more minutes do? Surely her masters wouldn't notice? Then she thought of their trust in her, her duties and her occupation.

"Lord Delwyn, even if you were to take the blame...I just couldn't." She was timid, and she couldn't even help it, after all, he was a Lord, she served Lords, nothing more.

Rhindeer

"Ahh, I understand," Delwyn said as he began to guide her about the floor again, careful to avoid the other dancers, several of which were obviously inebriated. "Too honest for that, are you? I respect that. I wouldn't want to lead you astray, have you break your moral code. I'd hate to be a bad influence! Though..."

He spun her out again and was ready to catch her if she stumbled. "You could always ask them, couldn't you?" he asked, mischief in his eyes. "If you're interested, that is. I don't want you to feel pressured to accept just because I'm a noble. Between you and me, I find nobility boring."

Abruptly, Delwyn realized he was putting in an awful lot of effort, trying to convince her to extend her stay. Usually, he didn't--because he didn't have to. Most of the women he'd been with had practically fallen at his feet, starstruck by his title. They'd been easy. Most would have leaped at the chance to spend the evening with him! This little slave, though, wasn't--

And maybe that was part of why he wanted her to stay that much more.

CalamityMei

Ohhhhhhhhhh, now she knew what he meant by 'fun'. Of course, she was a slave, she was here for such...amenities. Anything from pleasuring to aiding, she was hanging precariously in the balance of being looked upon as nothing more than a whore, with a bangle on her wrist making her position a slave of house Fern. She was thankful for her strong spirit, not succumbing to such things if there were a way out and she was even more grateful that this Lord Delwyn took the time to appreciate that she denied him.

To ask the Ferns to have the whole night to do what she pleased? There was no way, she couldn't fathom them letting her nor could she bring herself to ask such a thing, and as if Lord Fern knew exactly what she was thinking, he looked over and shot Delwyn and Naevia an eager smile, before turning back to the conversation at hand. Maybe that was all she needed to convince her that she wasn't required at this precise moment, or perhaps he was smiling out of good manners, the message was mixed and Naevia's head spun with explanations.

"It's only boring if you make it so." She found her mouth on automatic, and brought a hand to her mouth as she looked up at him in an apology. "I am sorry Lord Delwyn, I spoke out of turn." Why was he so God damn enrapturing? Her mind filled with thoughts of only him and she found herself lost in the music and in his gaze.

"I feel like my masters...they do not require me as of this moment." She spoke her words softly, choosing them carefully. "I may stay for a little longer, until they deem fit of course." She couldn't believe she was to accompany this Lord, a man of noble blood she had only known for a few minutes, not even half of this evening. But she wanted to know him, something deep down told her to follow him and be at his side.

Rhindeer

Naevia's words, and the look of horror on her face, made Delwyn burst into laughter--and then it was his turn to cover his mouth, because he didn't want her to think he was laughing at her! Well, okay, so he kind of was. But he didn't want her to think he was mocking her!

"Forgive me!" he said, chuckling as he pulled her hand away from her mouth. "I'm not laughing at you, I just--I just find you cute, is all. You don't have to censor yourself around me, Naevia. I give you permission to speak freely, to be yourself. God knows I am. And just for the record--" He tucked some loose hair behind her ear, and used it as an excuse to caress her face with his fingertips, and then the soft skin of her neck. "It takes an awful lot to offend me, I promise."

The current song wound down then, and many of the dancers headed off the dance floor to help themselves to refreshments. With a little smile down at Naevia, he took a step back from her and bowed, kissing her hand again.

"Thank you for the dance," he said. "Since I've got you for a little longer, what would my lady like to do? Another dance? Some refreshments?"

CalamityMei

The laughter was a surprise but a relief all the same. It was far better than the music that played and she couldn't help but find her own smile consuming her, her eyes glistening in the dim light as she felt his carefree persona wash over her. And his touch, oh God his touch, she riddled him out to be a very touchy feely Lord, liking to caress and feather touches on people, knowing how they felt and how they responded.

Naevia's blush was answer to that, if she were bold enough she'd reach up and place her hand on his, relishing in the warmth of his hand, but she didn't, she kept it firmly planted on his shoulder. The shivers he sent through her from such a simple and innocent caress was astounding and Naevia just couldn't tear herself from his gaze, from his playfulness.

"I see...I am still so accustomed to formalities." It was the truth, anything other than that was foreign to her. She was built from politeness and being well presented, to be so casual, it would take time, perhaps his name was a start.

"I must thank you, Delwyn, for the dance." She offered a smile, a small but tender one. "I am not sure, how about a stroll?" To anyone it would seem boring, something so simple; but to her it was a good way to talk, to let it be nothing more than the two of them.