Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Strange Encounter on pay day

Started by Mepotepo, September 29, 2014, 07:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mepotepo

The dwarf sighed heavily, clapping a gauntleted hand against his forehead. He walked on past the nature admiring woman, subconsciously avoiding the little bits of growing lichen surrounding her. "They got meat pies and they got boiled potatoes, that's about as close as they get."

Mepotepo

The bizarre duo made their way into the pub. A dirty place, the small tavern had an old oak bar that was splintered like a tree struck by lightning, hardwood floor covered by a mat of sawdust nearly an inch thick, a stench like an abandoned stable and patrons that looked far below a noble standard.

Angar walked in, leaving Calla to follow if she chose, and climbed up a stool at the end of the bard, "Comelia! Two flagons o'yer finest brandy, got me a new friend!" The dwarf slapped a handful of gold coins on the wood, "Keep 'em comin', wouldja?"

An oddly attractive, though rather filthy, girl smiled and made her way to collect the coins, "You taking this one to bed to, Axe-man? Or you here for Stephania again?"

The young dwarf grinned widely as a dark blush crept into his cheeks, "Ye know me well, girl, ye truly do! Tell that li'l halfling I'll be waitin' for 'er, wouldja?"

Rowan Llyri-laer

Calla peeked into the pub, her hands placed on the door frame as she observed the ramshackle, old tavern. The birds that had been melodically chirping on her antlers suddenly flew off, scared off perhaps, by the rancid stench and racket. The girl cringed as the soles of her feet came in contact with the sawdust, her eyes nearly filling with tears when she saw the oaken bar. "Poor trees..."

The nymph sat down at the stool beside Angar, her slender shoulders shrugged up with discomfort. She felt so out of place, all of a sudden. Like... Like a nymph in a bar. She placed her cheek on the counter and swirled her fingers around the wood, fingers tracing the natural lines of the oak.

Mepotepo

"What d'ye say, girl? Not too shabby a place, eh?" The crusty dwarf inquired as a drink were placed before Calla and himself. "Been goin' here since I was wee, since my beard only went down to my belly, as a matter of fact!" He took a hefty swig from the rusty iron flagon and slammed it down, punctuating his sentence with a hearty "Bwahaha!" "Have yerself a sip, drinks are on me tonight, girl."

Rowan Llyri-laer

Calla eyed her flagon, a dark, gurgling drink sloshing within it. Hesitantly, the anything-but-crusty nymph wrapped her fingers around the massive mug and dared to take a sip. Almost instantly, the girl gagged on the stale yet nauseatingly sweet liquid, coughing and hacking out as much as she could.
"What is that?! It tastes like..." Her face distorted in revulsion, "...like deadly nightshade!"

Mepotepo

Angar beamed at the girl's comment, patting her roughly on one delicate shoulder while looking toward Comelia, "Lookit this girl, first time drinker and she's already gettin' it right!" Turning to face the disgusted nymph, Angar downs nearly half his mug. "Correct ye are, girly! Nightshade it is, though I wouldn't worry much on it bein' too deadly, most o'the poison's been boiled right on out."

Rowan Llyri-laer

"Oh...Oh dear..." Calla stammered, placing her flagon of boiled berries back on the counter, a good foot away from her. She blinked at the so-called Comelia, her head tilted to the side as she bubbled with curiosity. The nymph clearly didn't understand the concept of basic manners or personal stage; including the unspoken "don't stare" rule.

Mepotepo

As Angar examined the patrons of the bar his attention left Calla and her careful studying of the human girl behind the bar. Comelia, after serving some crude men various flagons (and receiving a fair share of slaps on the behind), she turned to find Calla regarding her. "Well," she asked, her smile betraying an out-of-place array of bright, ivory teeth, "Can I help you with anything, strange miss? It's not often we get your kind in here, might be there's something I can offer you if only you'd ask."

Rowan Llyri-laer

Calla rested her delicate chin on the palms of her hands as she leaned forward toward the serving wench, "Comelia is very beautiful! Is she a human?" Calla's pale, almost lavender eyes flicked to Angar for a moment before returning to Comelia. She'd whisper in a voice that was loud enough for anyone to hear, "Angar does not like humans..."

Mepotepo

Angar again didn't notice much of the conversation between the nymph and the human girl, so focused was he on the goings on in his beloved tavern. His stubby legs swung back and forth beneath the stool and he hummed a low melody over the din of the place.
"Angar does not like humans?" the young woman responded, a grin beginning to grow, "Angar is rather fond of whoever is kind to him! Mayhap it's humans that have been unkind to are friend, and that's bred contempt."

Rowan Llyri-laer

"Calla has never met an unkind human..." She furrowed her brow and pursed her rose-petal lips in thought before suddenly perking up with a smile, "Comelia is not unkind! Has she worked at the pub for a long while?" The nymph picked a tiny, golden blossom from her hair and gazed at it, "Calla does not think she could work here...there aren't any trees."

Mepotepo

"Aye, Comelia's worked here a long time," Angar suddenly interrupted. However, it was Comelia who responded to Calla's initial statement.
"Many, many a human is unkind, miss, that's why our friend Angar hear is so sullen when it comes to my lot," she said, her tone a mix between grim and lighthearted. She reached across the bar to stroke one of Angar's beard braids. "Don't get too mixed up in any one group, lass, or you'll find yourself quite disappointed."

Rowan Llyri-laer

Comelia's words appeared to have an affect on the young nymph, her shoulders drooping as she absorbed the idea of an unkind human. After a moment of silence, Calla would look up to find the human girl touch the stocky dwarf's long beard. She canted her head to the side in confusion, "Why did Angar become angry when Calla tried to feel his beard? Does...Does Angar not like nymphs?"

Mepotepo

"Have ye earned the right to touch such a beard, ye ignorant creature?" Angar spun a full five-hundred and forty degrees on his stool, stopping again with his back facing the nymph girl. Three empty flagons were on the bar in front of the rather inebriated dwarf.
"Angar is . . . " Comelia began, resting her hands on her side of the bar, "different. He is a good dwarf, I swear to you, and he's one of the goodly folk, but he doesn't take kindly to any notions made upon his stature. If you called him short, or if you decided to touch one of his most erogenous parts without his respect, he might be rather displeased."

Rowan Llyri-laer

The girl blinked her eyes, shoulders drooping even lower, "Calla is...ignorant?" Her bottom lip quivered, the idea having never come to her mind. "She is sorry for bothering Angar the dwarf."
The broken-hearted nymph turned away from Angar, the flowers in her hair visibly browning and drying up, "She will not call Angar her friend anymore, for she does not deserve to."

Mepotepo

"Are ye kiddin'?!" the dwarf cried as Calla turned away. He spun in his stool so he faced her back as she looked away. The drinks had clearly softened the dwarf, for he dropped from his seat, reached his short arms up and clapped his hands on the nymph's hips. "Who's to say ye aren't my friend, hm? You're not much of a drinker, sure, but ye'll learn in time!"

Rowan Llyri-laer

Calla gasped in shock as she felt stubby, thick arms grab her hips. "Calla is Angar's friend?" Her lips curled into a broad smile as she placed her hands on the oak bar, "Oh, pubs are magical places! Is this when we get to fuck the whores??" The uninformed nymph shouted out in jubilee. Of course, she still had no idea what "fucking" or "whores" were, but it sounded like a fun thing to do.

Mepotepo

"Nahhh, there'll be time for the whores later, gotta establish us a good base, I tell ye!" He slammed another coin down the counter, "Ale, for this 'un, she doesn't seem to be takin' to kindly to the hard stuff!" Immediately after he ordered for her, Angar grabbed her mug and downed the rest of its contents. "I didn't realize ye were lookin' for whores, either! Guess I didn't think of ye preferrin' the women-folk."

Rowan Llyri-laer

The nymph stared at her stout,  flagon-reeking friend, innocence and naivety oozing from her pale, irredecent pores. "Calls still does not know what whores are..." She admitted in a soft, shy voice, "But Angar said that they fuck. Calla...She does no know what fucking is either."

Mepotepo

The dwarf's glazed eyes shot open at the girl's confession. "Come again? Ye mean to be tellin' me that you, as pretty as y'are for a long-legs, haven't the foggiest idea of fuckin'? Matin'? Y'know, when a dwarf and a she-dwarf love each other very much?" He circled his finger as he talked, hoping she'd catch on. When she didn't, however, he looked even more shocked and asked, "By the stone, I didn't bring a wee lass into this shite hole, did I?!"

Tags: