Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Invisable traces of those you love (thoth)

Started by SilmeriaElemred, October 22, 2014, 10:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilmeriaElemred

By the time Alice and Shanodin reached the Thunderblacks it was dawn. In the end Shanodin had not been able to travel as fast as she initially wanted. Her body had grown rather weak ever since she had come into Gradius' abusive care. But the wounds he had opened were healed and she had regained some of her muscles.
Her gaze went to Alice who was still sleeping on her back. The woodelf would often decide to fly at night and carry a sleeping Alice. When the girl would wake she'd descend on a proper place and have a short rest and eat something before moving on. It had been a few days now since they got away from Gradius. And slowly too, did she get a hang of being a mother. Something she was rather contend with fullfilling until Alice would find her true parents.

Thoth

Alice had been sleeping a lot lately and felt sort of guilty that Shanodin had been doing all the work carrying her all the time while even when they landed there wasn't much she could do for her temporarily adopted mother. She tried as best she could to help, but there simply wasn't much for her to do since unlike Shanodin, she couldn't fly, and so could only sit on Shanodin't back as they flew and let the woman carry her back to the Thunderblacks where she hoped they would find her family so that Alice could finally reunite with them. Only time would tell however what they would find once they got there.

As the sun creeped over the mountaintops at dawn and hit Alice's face, she slowly woke up from her slumber. She had been spending most of her time on Shanodin's back in her Nekomata form. It was both much smaller, and therefore a lighter burden on Shanodin, as well as covered in fur, and so more comfortable for Alice herself, allowing her to withstand the cold and wind of being up so high much better. Glancing down at Shanodin who was still flying onward, Alice slowly crawled up her body and then hugged her tightly, wrapping her tiny arms partway around Shanodin's neck, "I'm awake now Mommy. You can rest if you want to...I love you."

SilmeriaElemred

''Good morning dear'' SHanodin replied. ''I will look for a proper place to land.'' it did not take her long to find one and soon the grass was beneath her paws. She had landed in a small patch of flowers that were wet with morning dew.

''How did you sleep dear'' she asked and lowered herself so it was easier for Alice to get off her back.

Thoth

As they were flying Alice was in her nekomata form, and so was smaller than usual. Still, she nuzzled into Shanodin affectionately. She truly did love Shanodin and was going to be sad when she had to be parted from her after they found her family. She simply nodded and gave a reassuring, "Hmm." When Shanodin told her she'd find a place to land, and so the girl then just sat there and watched silently as Shanodin did so, landing on a patch of grass, and when she did so, lowering herself down, Alice slipped down her body and then transformed back into human form, laying down in the grass in front of Shanodin and then outstretching her arms indicating she wanted to hug her mother. Alice really was getting rather clingy, and perhaps a bit excessively affectionate, but whether or not Shanodin actually minded this was up to her.

"I slept fine...I still feel guilty that I can't help you more. You fly all day and carry me, but all I can do is help with the few chores there are to do when we land...I wish I could be more useful."

SilmeriaElemred

Shanodin closed the girl in her arms after morphing back.''You are doing more fir mommy then you think.'' It was true, she had been amsmiling a lot more and actually being with Alice, looking after her, interacting with her, was a littlebit theraputic for The woodelf.''Would you like to eat some breakfast?'' Shanodin asked. From the flowers she could make a nice herbal drink to warm them both up.''Also, if you like we could clean the estate a bit more. Mommy wont be able to travel a very long time today anyway.'' She was a bit tired. And it made it more difficult to stay in her griffinform.

Thoth

Hugging Shanodin close to her, Alice nuzzled into her once again with a wide smile on her face. Hugging her close, Alice listened to Shanodin speak and just nodded, though she didn't understand what Shanodin meant by her statement. Then, when Shanodin asked if she wanted breakfast, Alice nodded, "Yes, please."

Shanodin then suggested they clean the estate inside the bag some more, and to this Alice again simply nodded, "Okay. You get plenty of rest today Mommy. I know you've tired yourself out from flying so much. Let me help you today while you rest up." The girl said, then sitting up and scooting over towards Shanodin, hugging her legs and rubbing her cheeks against them affectionately, "I love you Mommy. I love you so much."

SilmeriaElemred

''Mommy loves you too'' Shanodin whispered still patting the girl. It was true she had tired herself out. Fear was a good motivation. Perhaps though being so far away from Gradius would finally allow her to get some rest. But she had been rather suspicious of their surroundings every time they stopped.

''What would Alice like to eat? We still have ingredients to make porridge. Or if you want something more simple we can simply go for bread.''

Thoth

Alice really did love Shanodin quite dearly, and honestly didn't want to have to be parted from her, even once they had found her family. If there were some way that Shanodin could still come with her, even after that, then she would be truly happy. Alice though wasn't as scared as Shanodin was. She knew that with her collars finally removed, she now had full access to her powers again and so would very easily be able to defend herself.

Shanodin then asked her what she would like to eat, suggesting both porridge and bread. Putting her finger to her mouth, Alice thought before replying, "We can have whatever you want Mommy. You've worked so hard flying me all this way that you can eat whatever you want. Do you want me to go catch you something? I'm sure I could find something yummy in the forest for you to eat."

SilmeriaElemred

The woodelf pondered. ''We still have dried meats... if there is a rabbit or hare hole nearby I could make some good soup. It is usually an easy prey. But... I do not want you away from me to much or to far. So promise you will not wander off to far. If there are no animals near for consumption then its alright too and I will just make something out of the dried meats later.'' she assured.

''Perhaps some fresh herbs like Thyme, rosemary, lavender and sage would be nice. But nothing strange. I have my knowledge about toxic plants but I would not want to have to treat you. So... if you are not sure let it be'' she placed a kiss on Alice's head.

Thoth

Alice listened, and tilted her head quizzically as Shanodin spoke, the woman telling her that they had some dried meats, but that if she could manage to catch a rabbit they could make some soup. That sounded nice, "Okay, you stay here and rest, and I'll go catch us something good to eat. I'll take the bag and see what I can gather in the forest."

Shanodin told her about various herbs she might find in the forest and Alice simply nodded, "I know those, we traveled through the wilderness a lot when I was a slave with the bandits. You wait here, I'll go get us something good." Shanodin then kissed her on the head, and to this Alice giggled, "Hee hee, I love you Mommy." She then leaned in and kissed Shanodin on the cheek, before placing the rope handle of the bag around her neck like a collar and then transforming down into her Nekomata form, darting off into the forest to see what she could find.

SilmeriaElemred

''Be carefull'' Shanodin said and took a deep breath. Watching Alice go. It was not easy. Thus far she had not let the girl out of her sight but for now...'' she sat down in the flowerbed before laying down in the dew allowing her body to rest. But was still allert in the case she would hear Alice

Thoth

Searching through the forest, Alice managed to find a few different edible herbs, as well as some nuts and berries, which she also knew to be edible. She put all of the food that she found into the bag after she had removed it from its parent plant, and then hearing a rustling in the bushes, Alice looked over and saw a rabbit. Licking her lips, Alice dashed after it, running as fast as she could and quickly overtaking the animal, pouncing on it and breaking its neck with a single bite. Then, putting it into the bag as well, she continued searching.

After searching a bit more, finding more berries, nuts, and herbs, Alice came to a river, where she could see some fish swimming, and so, jumping into a shallow part of the water, Alice took one of the fish in her mouth and crunched down hard on it, killing it. She repeated this a few more times, being sure not to get into too deep of water that might carry her away, and after catching three more fish, Alice then got out and shook herself off, before moving off to return to Shanodin. Eventually she found her again, and walking gracefully up to the woman, Alice nuzzled against her and began to purr affectionately.

SilmeriaElemred

''Welcome back dear'' Shanodin whispered as she opened her eyes. And gently patted the girl and scratched her gently in the neck and behind the ears. She then sat up and looked at Alice serenely. ''I am curious. What did you manage to get for us?'' she asked before stretching her arms a little.

Thoth

As Shanodin pet her, scratching her behind the the ears, Alice continued to purr affectionately towards her adoptive mother. Then, when asked what she had managed to get, Alice transformed back into human form, and then gave a command to the bag, "retrieve." and so, from within it, all of the items that Alice had managed to collect were gradually brought out one by one, including the nuts, herbs, and berries, one rabbit, and four fish.

Then, turning to Shanodin after all of the items had been set upon the grass, Alice smiled and spoke, "I hope you like them Mommy. I got plenty of food to help you regain your strength." the girl said, then laying lovingly in her mother's lap and hugging her.

SilmeriaElemred

''Its amazing what you found'' Shanodin replied delighted. Shanodin could hunt but Alice being able to shift in a cat was a very convenient thing. ''We will have enough for the rest of the day for sure.'' and whatever leftovers they had could be stored away safely. ''Lets see. Breakfast. We should eat something light first and then I can prepare what you brought. In the mood for some roasted bread with butter and cheese?'' It would be easy to make and fill them up for now. In the meantime she could gut the fish and rabbit, hang the fish over the fire for lunch and chop the rabbit up for stew or even could roast or bake some of the rabit and use a part of the fruits to make a sauce.

Thoth

Hearing Shanodin compliment her, Alice blushed and then, raising her hand to scratch the back of her head, just laughed, "Hee hee, thanks Mommy. I tried hard to get the best foods for you to eat. It's the least I could do to repay you for everything you've done for me these last few days." Alice truly did mean that, and she really did want to please Shanodin more than anything else. Shanodin then suggested they eat bread and cheese with butter for breakfast, and Alice nodded, "Okay, sounds great!"

Alice then continued to sit there in Shanodin's lap as she had since she got back, smiling widely, and clearly enjoying her company quite a bit, as she had a big beaming smile on her face as she looked up at the woman. She thought the world of Shanodin, and so it was then and there that she decided to ask her, "Mommy? Can I ask you...would you perhaps be able to stay with me, even after we find my family? It's just...I can't stand the idea of having to leave you after having grown to love you so much during this time we've spent together. Please? Please tell me you won't go!"

SilmeriaElemred

''I told you didn't I? I will be around for as long as you want me to be.'' Shanodin assured and after petting Alice a little more she tapped the girl on the shoulders.''Now... lets retrieve the bread, butter, cheese, cutting board and my tools.'' She wondered if Alice's parents, would they still be alive, accept her around. She could imagine they'd want to be alone with their daughter after being reunited. For a moment Shanodin recalled the final screams of her mother before she had passed.

After retrieving what they needed including firefood, Shanodin got the fire going and heated a thin stone plate, using it to toast the bread on.

With a knife she spreaded some butter on the toasted bread and cut the cheese. Using the waiting time to dig a small deep hole in the ground where she put the unedible parts such as entrails from the fish and rabbit in. Except the rabbit skin which she prepared and spun to dry to make it a piece of fur.

It was the fish though that were put on sticks and put near the fire to slowly bake for later.

Thoth

Upon hearing Shanodin's answer, Alice's face lit up and tears began to well up in her eyes, "Thank you Mommy! Thank you so much...I love you too dearly to ever be parted from you, and I promise, if we ever see that mean Gradius guy again, this time I'll be the one to protect you!" Shanodin then mentioned the food, and looking over, Alice nodded. She retrieved the items Shanodin had asked for from the bag, and Shanodin quickly got to work on cooking them. As she did so, Alice just sat by and watched, warming herself by the growing fire and then lying down in the grass, resting her head in Shanodin's lap. Simply laying there waiting, Alice then looked up at Shanodin, "Do you need any help Mommy? I can do anything you need me to for our meal."

SilmeriaElemred

Shanodin pondered. ''Hmmm would you like rabbit stew or would you like the meat being roasted and covered in berrysauce. We could prepare the rabbit together in whichever way you'd like. As for Gradius... I am sure he will need a reason to be protected himself.'' she said with a chuckle. It was amusing to think of ways where he'd run and cower and perhaps more amusing then she'd like to admit. Although it would be best if they would never have to encounter him again.

''As for the nuts, I saw some edible lettuce kinds. We can mix that with some chopped up nuts.''

Thoth

Alice listened intently as Shanodin explained the various ways in which she could cook the rabbit, and Alice simply responded, "A stew sounds fine. Besides, today is for you Mommy, so we will eat whatever you want to. You deserve to have a nice, relaxing day off after how hard you've been working for me." Alice said, smiling widely. Hearing what Shanodin said about Gradius, Alice nodded, "Yeah, I'll beat that guy up real bad if he ever tries to show up and hurt you again." Then, to Shanodin's final comment about mixing the nuts with some of the leaf-type herbs she'd found to make a salad, Alice simply nodded.