Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Jewel In The Rubble [Vyraena]

Started by Ethereal-Star, December 13, 2014, 09:35:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

Turquoise led the way, followed by Red and Waves, with Coralia in the back. They made their way to the palace, many of the inhabitants of the kingdom giving them quick hellos and nods as they swam by. Five minutes later, they arrived at the large doors to the palace, another couple of sentries standing guard there.

"Well, here we are. Ready to go in and meet Lady Starlight?" Turquoise asked. "She lives in the palace as one of the advisers to the King and Queen. We may even see their Royal Majesties as well if we're lucky."

Vyraena

Coralia nodded, then asked the question that had popped into her head almost instantly. "Is it really so easy to get into the palace?"

Ethereal-Star

"Well, not quite." Turquoise replied. "We have to acquire permission from the sentry guards first. But I'm sure they'll let us in! We just need to state our reasons for entering. A magic gem for Lady Starlight to analyze should be enough of a reason." She turned towards the doors and the guards again. "Come on!"

Vyraena

"I see." Coralia said with a smile, following Turquoise to the doors. "I must say, it is quite intriguing to think about what this gem might be able to do."

Ethereal-Star

"I agree! So let's find out, shall we?" Turquoise excitedly swam over to the palace doors, Red and Waves following at her sides.

Waves asked the mermaid, "What if they won't let us in?" she asked worriedly.

"Oh, hush you! No negative thoughts! Of course they will!" Turquoise was so sure and hopeful, that the thought of not being allowed in hadn't really occurred to her. After all, they had a darn good reason, right?

Turquoise swam the last couple feet over to the guards, two merman with long swords and shields, alert and at attention as the group approached. "Halt!" The merman on the right commanded them. "What business have ye here? Visits to the inside of the palace are restricted to the nobility, advisers and staff only. Unless you have a good reason for entering, please move away now."

Turquoise was ready for this and was quick to give an answer. "By all means, your royal guards. My friends and I here found a very large magic jewel that we would like the Lady Starlight to examine so she can tell us more about it, and if possible what is to be done with it."

Both guards rose an eyebrow at her statement. "Magic jewel?" the merman on the left questioned dubiously. "Where is this magic jewel you speak of?"

"Coralia over here has it in her possession." Turquoise glanced over at the ocean spirit as she said this, and motioned with her hand that Coralia should bring the jewel over for the guards to take a look at so they would know Turquoise spoke the truth.

Vyraena

Coralia pushed the jewel, which was still being held in her magical bubble, over towards the guards so that they could inspect it. While it was a very large and beautiful jewel, there was still no way to prove to them it was magical other than the paper they found, and anyone could just write something down and claim it to be true. She hoped that looking over it would suffice.

Ethereal-Star

The guards inspected the jewel from within the bubble with interest. "Where did you acquire this?" one of them asked Turquoise and Coralia.

Turquoise replied enthusiastically, "In a sunken pirate ship far from here, in the deeper parts of the ocean north of the kingdom!" She didn't mention the other treasure they found though, choosing to keep quiet about that, for now anyway. "Red here has the paper that tells about it! Red, if you could..." she gestured for the fish to bring over the glass tube with the document inside.

Red quickly complied and Turquoise undid the stopper on the tube, unrolling the parchment to show the guards. The two mermen examined it without saying much. "Pirate ship, eh?" one questioned. "Alright then, this looks legit. You may enter."

Putting the paper back in the tube and capping it securely once more, the doors were then opened for the group to go on in. The palace inside awaited as the guards let them go through.

Vyraena

Coralia simply smiled and nodded at the guards as she passed. She followed Turquoise into the palace, waiting to be shown where to go.

Ethereal-Star

Leading the way, Turquoise and her friends moved into the entryway where the throne room was, moving past that and to a side door on the right side of the gold and silver thrones themselves which seated the King and Queen of the realm. The royals were not there however at this time. That was not unusual, as being the leaders of a Kingdom required more effort than sitting on a throne all day. Three more guards were positioned inside near the throne room, watching the group as they went by while still maintaining that alert, distant look that sentries were required to have.

Heading over to the door which was comprised of rock crystal, Turquoise knocked lightly on its surface. "Enter." A rich feminine voice called out from behind it. Turquoise pushed open the door, going inside the moderately-sized room followed by her companions.

"Greetings, Lady Starlight." the mermaid greeted an older mermaid, but still retaining much youth and beauty about her countenance. Lady Starlight's blonde-yellow hair shone in the water, her indigo eyes looked at the group with both curiosity and calmness evident. Her tail was a rich copper-red color, many fins sticking out from it, her bosom upheld by two yellow seashells bound in white cord. A purple flower decorated her long yellow tresses. Overall, she was beautiful but not nearly as much as the Queen. Waves and Red also gave their hellos.

"I apologize for disturbing you, but my friends and I have made a most exciting discovery! We thought to make use of your brilliant expertise on this magic jewel we found." Turquoise gestured towards Coralia and the bubble that the gem was contained inside of.

((Remember that Lady Starlight is an NPC we both can play.))

Vyraena

Coralia pushed the gem to Turquoise and smiled a nervous smile at Lady Starlight. At the moment, she had nothing to say, mostly because she couldn't find the words. Coralia was still shy around new people, and she was nervous since Lady Starlight seemed to be important. It would be a little bit longer before Coralia felt comfortable enough to talk to her.

Ethereal-Star

Gesturing to the bubble-encased jewel, Turquoise then pushed it towards the Lady Starlight for her to examine. Lady Starlight took it in her hands, then looked to Coralia before saying, "I'll need to look at this more closely but I cannot do that inside this bubble. Would you kindly please disperse the bubble so I can accomplish this task?" she asked of the ocean spirit kindly.

The elder mermaid then asked Turquoise, "Was there anything else you discovered about it in the meantime?"

"Yes, there is this document we found with it." Turquoise told her. Red handed Lady Starlight the tube with the paper inside it which she unrolled to lay flat against her desk and bent down to get a closer look at it. However the adviser still needed to look at the gem itself after the magic containing it had been dispelled first.

Vyraena

Coralia smiled at Lady Starlight. "Of course."

With a wave of her hand, the bubble disappeared, leaving the gem exposed.

"Thank you." Lady Starlight said. "I'll take a look after I read the document."

Ethereal-Star

The other mermaid quickly read the document handed to her, before looking up at the group. "Where did you find this?" she asked them.

Red piped up before Turquoise could answer. "In a pirate ship, we did!"

Waves bobbed her head up and down enthusiastically. "What Red said!" the dolphin squeaked.

"A sunken pirate ship." Turquoise added in, noticing how Lady Starlight's eyebrows rose at the mention of a pirate ship.

"I see." the elder sea maiden commented, before rolling the paper back up. "Do you mind if I hang onto this document and the jewel for a day or two? I would like to divine what I can from them using the resources available to me. However I can try to do a small reading on the jewel itself if that is what you would like." she awaited for one of the group to respond.

"Yes, please do." Turquoise answered. The adviser placed her hands over the gem itself and soon her eyes took on a hazy gray as she delved into the mists of time and space. Turquoise and friends waited while she did this.

Tags: