Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Wishing Well [open]

Started by Ethereal-Star, December 25, 2014, 07:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

In one of the meadows of The Meeting Place, surrounded on two sides by a thick forest there sat a well. Not just any well, mind you this was a special well. A magic well of wishes. Where it is said that whatever one wishes can come true, within reason of course. However on this particular day, the wishing well had an occupant dwelling within who decided this was as great an opportunity as any for one such as her.

A figure stood at the well's edge, head bowed low and murmuring their unspoken prayer, before flinging down into the black depths below a gold coin to appease the spirit of the well. However their brow soon furrowed when that very coin came flying back up the well and smacked the person in the face! Giggling down below was heard a split second later before a mischievous creature soon popped out her head, green butterfly wings fluttering in excitement and childlike joy, before standing up in full view on the edge exclaiming in a sing-song voice, "The spirit is out today, please take a number and she will get back to you if she likes you. Hehe!"

Kriv

"Oy!" Tiar snapped as he grabbed his coin. "That's disrespect of your elders." He grumbled as he peered at the creature. Tiar was angry, he had wandered miles after getting sperated from his traveling party, and he was not in the mood for games. "You tell the spirit I probably saved his or her ass nine times over, without me this land would be occupied by one of my numerous rivals and turned into a house of crime, sex, and a number of other undesirable things," He spoke, getting louder with every word said. "and keep the damn coin!" I shouted finally tossing the gold piece back into the well.

Ethereal-Star

Hazel simply giggled and hopped back into the well, flying a bit in the air before descending downwards. "Now, now, someone's got their undies tied up in a knot!" The butterfly fairy giggled again as she went invisible, and out of sight from the strange half-breed of orc and elf.

"Thanks for your contribution!" she squealed happily. "More is welcome! Hehe!" she chirped while still invisible having descended back down into the blackness again. The sound of fluttering wings could then be heard as the fairy moved about.

"Much pretties!"

Wicked Basket

It wasn't often that Tien came to the Meeting Place, but the stories he had heard of the wishing well brought him here. As he arrived, he came upon so odd orc/elf being rambling to a fairy.

"You obviously don't know how the Meeting Place works," Rien told the man. "All inhabitants in the Meeting Place are kept safe by its magic. Your rival wouldn't be able to do a thing, and neither can you."

Kriv

"Shut up." Tiar replied, remaining stubbornly oblivious. "I totally knew that." He murmered under his breath.  "I require no assistance from a peasant, so if you'll excuse me, I must be off. Faces to see, places to be, all that shit."

Wicked Basket

"You're just angry because you got your orc side from your mother," Tien muttered.

He then approached the well and looked at the fairy.

"Who are you supposed to be?"

Ethereal-Star

Having gone visible again, Hazel poked her head out of the well, looking at the silver haired man with eyes like amethyst gemstones. "Who, me?" she asked, artfully dodging the question. "Who wants to know? Who you be?" the fairy countered instead, grinning impishly up at the man.

Fluttering back down a little ways inside the well, only the very tips of her wings could be seen now from the edge, the fairy giggled again. "Orcy-elf look very funny. May be his is birth defect?" still giggling she descended further down in the well, in order to avoid any retaliation from the being she had just insulted, but knowing full well the magic of The Meeting Place would protect her if he tried anything.

Kriv

Tiar growled under his breath. He wasn't about to lose his cool so some forest fairy. He let out a long sigh, "Have you seen a large group of adventurers, has anyone gone past here?" He asked politely with an obviously strained smile.

Wicked Basket

Tien sighed, obviously irritated. He wasn't there to play games. He just wanted to use the stupid well and leave.

"Who I am is of no concern to you," Tien told the fairy. "I just want to use the well and leave."

Ethereal-Star

To the orc/elf hybrid creature, Hazel replied with, "Umm...adventurers? Maybe I tell you if....you do a little dance first!!" Giggling up a storm, the fairy disappeared down into the well again as if this were all some sort of game to her. Which it was.

Reappearing again, Hazel looked at the silver-haired man and told him in no uncertain terms. "Y'know, there be places for that sorta thing. The spirit would not appreciate you using the well for that. Hehe! Hehehehehehe!!" And back down again she went like a fairy-in-the-box. Or in this case, the well.

Wicked Basket

Tien scowled. He wanted to crush that little fairy so badly. If only if it wasn't for that protective magic of the Meeting Place.

"Don't you have somewhere else to be," Tien asked angrily.

Kriv

"I don't dance." Tiar said sternly crossing his arms, as he rolled his eyes he noticed the sun was setting. He grumbled to himself and walked a few feet away to set up camp early. "I'll deal with you in the morning." He said jutting a thumb at the fairy. He was tired and lost, and in no mood for shenanigans, so he decided to turn in earlier that usual. 

Ethereal-Star

Yellow impish eyes peeked up from the well's edge again. "Ummmm...nope?'' the fairy said in response to silver-hair man's question. Hazel knew very well she was irritating the pants off of the two travelers. And it was downright hilarious, to her anyway.

"Aww, no dance? You're no fun. What a bore! Booo!!" she booed the strange green-skinned creature with elven features. "What make you look like that anyhoo?" she blatantly asked the orc/elf. "Yes, you go sleep. Me have fun in meantime." she quipped gaily, fluttering her wings dancing a bit on the edge of the well.

Kriv

"If you must interrupt my rest with your constant chattering, at least speak properly." He murmured as he turned over in his tent.

Wicked Basket

Tien sat down under a tree. All he had to do was sit there until the fairy got bored and left. This strategy has worked on many people on many different occasions. Surely it would work now. Hopefully.

Ethereal-Star

Hazel stopped dancing on the side of the well, and looked over at Silver Hair. Yes, that sounds like a good name to call him. the butterfly fairy decided. She skipped over to him, showing a wide grin that could only mean mischievous intent on her part. "Why you wear funny mask? Are you a bandit?"

Wicked Basket

"I don't have to explain myself to you," Tien replied.

Kriv

"I bet he's an exile." Tiar commented hoping to instigate an argument.

Ethereal-Star

"Ooh, exile!" Hazel cooed, looking excitedly at Silver Hair. "Who you be running from?" She danced around Silver Hair, for all intents and purposes looking like quite the annoying little sprite. Her green wings fluttered with a sparkly appearance, with what looked like fairy dust swirling as she moved about.

Wicked Basket

"I'm not an exile," Tien snapped. "Now buzz off!"