Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

For those who like to RP elves....read this

Started by Ethereal-Star, January 31, 2015, 09:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

Okay, so I decided to look up out of curiosity on the 'net about all/most of the different kinds of elves ever found in fantasy. And let's just say I got what I asked for. Good god, this list is well...I am not entirely sure what I want to say on this though. For the most part every freakin' kind of elf that you could ever possibly come up with is mentioned and described (albeit briefly) in this article. It must have taken whoever compiled it a LONG time. And lots of patience too.

Anyway, it is broken down into different settings/campaigns for easy reference, so read if you like or just want to be amazed at the sheer number of them all. They got all kinds of elves and elf-related species on here, different groups, subgroups, subspecies and off-shoots of said subspecies. Although whether or not some of these are 'true elves' is highly and most certainly debatable.

The only things I think this list is missing are the Night Elves from World of Warcraft, and D&D 5E Aether Elves, which are further divided up into three distinct sub-races: Bright Elves, Dusk Elves, and Shadow Elves. Of course, there is also no mention of Blood Elves, at least not that I remember. And yeah, there is also lots of cussing and violence mentioned here as some of these races were very dark and violent, in many ways. But enough of my rambling, here is the article. Feel free to peruse it, be amazed, shocked, appalled, whatever. The choice is yours.

http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Elf_subraces