Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

* War's A-brewin'!

There is a civil war brewing in Connlaoth! Check out its info page here and its plotting page here!
The SotE video game is accepting crafting item submissions right here!

Also, we have a Discord chat server! Check it out. 8D

Author Topic: The brighter the light, the darker the shadow. [Gloooob!] [M/TW]  (Read 20800 times)

Offline Viscount Rhi-Rhi

Re: The brighter the light, the darker the shadow. [Gloooob!] [M/TW]
« Reply #2160 on: October 19, 2017, 10:46:52 AM »
Riyarin had fallen into a deep sleep, but when Kane shot awake, it woke her, too. She snapped awake with a small gasp and peered up at Kane, who was ramrod straight, before she pushed herself upright, too.

"Kane?" He was breathing hard, and when she touched him, he was slick with sweat. She could feel his tension, and she curled her arms around him and pressed in close, trying to warm him, to let him know she was there.

"Kane, what is it?"
OPEN THREADS! HOP ON IN FOR SOME WILD GOOD TIMES. 8D
Dreams of Demons
Blood and Roses.

Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Anoki // Astrid // Axieva // Aysel //  Beatrid // Branwen // Briar // Cadmus // Cerys // Charik // Chephirah // Clover // Corryn // Dai // Delwyn // Demaht // Durga // Einin/Owl // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Felix // Frost // Gwendolyn // Hatame // Hayate // Hazel // Hyacinthe // Ife // Iris // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Khero // Koi // Kota // Kuan // Kuvira // Kyran // Kyori // Liam // Makani // Makoro // Max // Maya // Mei // Misae // Monster // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Nelly // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rowan // Sachi // Sadb // Sahar // Scarab // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Syrae // Taj // Tanith // Tessa // Tiaret // Tikaani // Vahni // Valor // Victoria // Wakiza // Xinyi // Yarra // Yasmin // Yiroa // Yun // Zahara

Offline Dauphin DaGlobster

« Reply #2161 on: October 19, 2017, 11:32:07 AM »
Kane's eyes were set ahead of him for a moment, and he shuddered a bit when she touched him, before losing his tension when she put her arms around him. He let his head rest down and wrapped an arm around Riyarin's side to pull her closer.

"Just a nightmare," he breathed, and his other hand loosened up on their furry bed.

He looked to her, and nuzzled the top of her head.

"Didn't mean to wake you."

Offline Viscount Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #2162 on: October 19, 2017, 09:00:47 PM »
"It's okay," Riyarin said, giving his neck a nuzzle and reaching up to stroke a hand through his hair. "I've woken you up plenty with my nightmares, have I not?"

Lifting her head, she looked up at him, fiery eyes wide with concern. "Do you want to talk about it? Tell me about it? Sometimes that helps."
Dreams of Demons
Blood and Roses.

Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Anoki // Astrid // Axieva // Aysel //  Beatrid // Branwen // Briar // Cadmus // Cerys // Charik // Chephirah // Clover // Corryn // Dai // Delwyn // Demaht // Durga // Einin/Owl // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Felix // Frost // Gwendolyn // Hatame // Hayate // Hazel // Hyacinthe // Ife // Iris // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Khero // Koi // Kota // Kuan // Kuvira // Kyran // Kyori // Liam // Makani // Makoro // Max // Maya // Mei // Misae // Monster // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Nelly // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rowan // Sachi // Sadb // Sahar // Scarab // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Syrae // Taj // Tanith // Tessa // Tiaret // Tikaani // Vahni // Valor // Victoria // Wakiza // Xinyi // Yarra // Yasmin // Yiroa // Yun // Zahara

« Reply #2163 on: October 19, 2017, 11:45:05 PM »
"It... It was a nightmare about all the killing." Lynch said. He stared forwards for a bit, before he seperated a bit from her to turn to face her. He beckoned her into his lap.

"I never liked it, but I was never... it never shook me. It was all so... blank. Like I was never really there."

He sighed.

"I was ruthless. And it still comes back to haunt me. I realize now that I regret all of it. That I had my life stolen."

Offline Viscount Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #2164 on: October 22, 2017, 02:35:27 PM »
"You're still alive," Riyarin said as she curled up in Kane's lap and laid her head against his chest.

"So your life isn't stolen. You still have years ahead of you to make your own, and do better. You've changed."

She flicked her tail, laying it across her lap, and squeezed Kane into a hug. "It's okay."
Dreams of Demons
Blood and Roses.

« Reply #2165 on: October 22, 2017, 04:02:13 PM »
In a sense, it's exactly what he wanted to hear. He said nothing, however, preferring to nod solemnly and hug her in kind. His forehead came to rest on top of Riyarin's head, between her antlers, and he left a small kiss there.

"I love you..." he murmured.

He pulled back with a teasing smile.

"Love you so much it hurts."

Offline Viscount Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #2166 on: October 26, 2017, 01:02:17 PM »
"It hurts?"

Riyarin's eyes widened at that and she straightened up, staring into his face with genuine concern.

"What hurts? Are you okay? Am I hurting you?"
Dreams of Demons
Blood and Roses.

Tags: