Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Scientists Agree, Dragons!

Started by kleineklementine, April 01, 2015, 08:34:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kleineklementine

This article just came out in Nature today (one of the top two fancy-pants-iest academic science journals in the world). Thought it might be of interest to people here! :D

Zoology: Here by dragons

"Emerging evidence indicates that dragons can no longer be dismissed as creatures of legend and fantasy, and that anthropogenic effects on the world's climate may inadvertently be paving the way for the resurgence of these beasts."

Klezmer Gryphon

Lol, I thought is was a legitimate article at first... And then I saw the date this was posted. Good one! XD

Shadow Angel

Dude, I was just about to reply to this and say the same thing but you beat me to it! XD

Ethereal-Star

While I didn't read the whole article, this one section made me laugh.

''The shift in societal views of dragons from reality to fantasy has been described by some as a kind of bewitchment. Newt Scamander2 suggests that there was a deliberate policy among those of a 'magical' persuasion to hide the creatures. This is thought to have taken the form of casting a neurotransfer spell that translocates all information on magical phenomena held in the brain to a small lobe of the neocortex exclusively reserved for imaginative thought. As a result, any reported sightings are almost always done under the unconscious protection of fictitious communication. (This view has been challenged in the light of other cryptozoological phenomena such as the yeti or the Loch Ness monster, although the evidence remains inconclusive and proponents have largely been dismissed as unsuitable for responsible positions.)"

:P LOL.