Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The price to pay for being a dragon(Wicked Basket)

Started by thehiddenbeast13, April 03, 2015, 07:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehiddenbeast13

A man walked with his hands in his pocket, calmly walking through a bustling crowd. The man suddenly stopped as he saw a odd piece of parchment on the walls nearby. He looked down and saw that they went further down into a small alley way. He then changed direction and walked into the alley, where he wouldn't be so easily seen. He stared at the poster and saw the following:

Dragon wanted! (Alive or dead)
underneath the large and hastily written title there was a simple sketch of a dragon. The poster than continued to say:
Large brown scales like solid earth
Massive
Very brutal and wild
Usually seen flying around once again
very large reward for the capture or murder of this massive beast.

The man only shook his head and said,"That's too bad..." and began to walk back into the crowd. He then stuck his hands into his pockets and continued to walk with the crowd until he reached a small tavern. He walked in and saw the dark room, hardly a window opened. The hard wood flooring underneath him and the small booths and the drunken customers laughing away and telling stories. The man chuckled as he took a seat and ordered a small drink. He quickly put down the coins required and lightly sipped the drink.

Wicked Basket

Gutztomp was always out for some fun, so the Wanted poster immediately caught his attention. Though he couldn't really read, he could tell that the picture was of a dragon. The ork grinned. Dragons were always good fun. Taking the poster with him, Gutztomp went to the nearest tavern to see if he could gather any more information.

Gutztomp burst through the tavern doors. Any sideways glances he received quickly turned away for fear of drawing the brute's attention. Gutztomp then began walking from table to table, showing the occupants the poster and asking if they knew anything. He eventually made it to the people, or rather person, sitting at the counter.

"What do you know about dis dragon," he asked the man, showing him the poster.

thehiddenbeast13

The man was still enjoying his drink when a large ork walked up to him waving the wanted poster around. Flint stared at the poster and said,"Sorry pal, haven't seen a dragon like that in ages..." He then turned back around and continued on with his drink, continuing to keep his calm and normal demeanor. He then put a hand on his sword and said,"If I knew, I'd be out there myself trying to kill it."

Wicked Basket

It was then that Gutztomp started to laugh.

"You fink dat you could kill a dragon," he said. "You're nuffing but a puny 'ooman."

thehiddenbeast13

The man only sighed as he took another swig from his glass and said,"Well, let's just say that I have a lot more experience with dragons than you do...and I'm not old...I just look it."

Wicked Basket

"I've got dragons mounted on my wall," Gutztomp said. "What do you have, ya git?"

thehiddenbeast13

The man only shook his head and said,"I may not have any physical proof, but I've had my fair share of dragon related quests...if they fall out of line, I'm the one that knocks 'em back in." He then got a better look at the ork and said,"You look quite tired, take a seat and enjoy a drink friend."

Wicked Basket

"No," Gutztomp replied bluntly. "Fight me. I don't fink you're as tough as you say."

thehiddenbeast13

The man only sighed and said,"I don't think that'd be a good idea...I can already see a big weakness, your arrogance."

Wicked Basket

"I'm an ork," Gutztomp replied angrily. "I have no weakness like you pathetic 'oomans. Now get up and fight."

Everyone in the tavern was now staring, but Gutztomp didn't take notice.

thehiddenbeast13

The man only shook his head and said,"And with your selective hearing I'll one again tell you, I would not like to start a brawl...so you'd best be on your way to look for that dragon."

Wicked Basket

"You can't tell me what to do!"

Gutztomp grabbed him by the shirt and lifted with ease.

"I don't care if you fight," Gutztomp said. "It'll be an easy kill either way."

Gutztomp then tossed him across the tavern.

"You gonna fight now, runt?"

thehiddenbeast13

Flint landed against a large booth and quickly dropped to the ground. He then got up, feeling a small cut on his cheek, and said,"Okay, you want a fight? You've gotten yourself into one!" He then shoulder charged Gutztomp with a inhuman amount of force.

Wicked Basket

Gutztomp stood and took the hit merely stumbling back a step or two.

"Dat's more like it!"

Gutztomp swung his large green fist at Flint. Perhaps this human wouldn't go down after the first punch.

thehiddenbeast13

As the fist came towards him, Flint quickly drew his daggers and held them in front of himself in order to punish such a foolish attempt. He quickly said,"I'd watch where that fist of yours is heading."

Wicked Basket

Gutztomp stopped his punch, but only to swing a backhand at Flint instead. Orks have no fear of puny daggers.

thehiddenbeast13

Flint got hit by the backhand and quickly rolled under the Ork and jumped onto his back, holding one dagger to his back and the other to his neck. He then said,"Now stop it! I was trying to enjoy a drink!"

Wicked Basket

Gutztomp launched once more.

"You fink doze tiny knives scare me?"

Gutztomp spun around and swung another punch.

thehiddenbeast13

Flint quickly stabbed the dagger into the ork's back before moving out of the way from the punch. He then drew his sword and got into a ready position. He wanted to just shift into his dragon form and eat the sorry fool, but he'd see where this went.

Wicked Basket

Gutztomp didn't even notice the stab to the back, but he did see the sword. It looked like weapons were now permitted. Gutztomp drew his axes.

"I'll cut you in half, runt!"

Gutztomp advanced and swung an axe at Flint.