Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The morning light (viestrus01)

Started by Ice, April 04, 2015, 04:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ice

Another morning was just starting as a woman walked threw the woods. One thing could be noted about her was the fact that the animals of the forest seemed to not notice her presence. It was almost as if she did not exist at all. That was not really far from the truth. See this woman was dead in every sense of the word. She was now in her human form. She was very kind and loving in this form . She now smiled as she embraced the sights and sounds of the surrounding forest. She was the kind of ghost who loved  to be one with nature. Though her darker half did not like such things. There was a real battle going on in raven mind.

She now stopped and smiled as she looked around her. Then she saw a tree near her. She climbed up the branches and smiled. This gave her a good view of the woods. She then started to sing a pretty song. The song was very old and kind of sad. She then gave a sigh and closed her eyes as she sang.

viestrus01

Erynies walked through the woods. She's been here for almost 2 weeks now, but doesn't seem to be the least bit bored.

Her arachnid friend crawled onto her shoulder, tickling her a bit as she moved. It made motions, communicating, and, unbeknownst to others, Erynies' ears picked up words instead of merely translating the spider's movements. They both talked, as she walked, like a person would normally talk to others.

Suddenly, both spider and elf jerked into a halt.

They both quieted down, ears (at least Erynies' ears) straining to pick up the faint sound they just heard. A voice. Human.

After a while, the string of voices formed a melody.

A song? Someone was singing? Who? And where?

The song had a jolly, yet at the same time sad and somber tone to it. She... couldn't quite place the emotion, actually. Not that she was an expert on songs to begin with.

The girl and spider decided to follow the noise. As it got louder, they sensed they were getting closer to the source. After a while, they found it.

A girl, singing to herself on a tree branch.

JareckShay

Jareck opened his emerald eyes and smiled. He enjoyed singing, even when it disrupted his sleep. Glancing over to the tree beside him, he searched for the source of the tune. Seeing no one, he frowned and sat up, pushing his blue/black hair from his eyes.  He should be abe to the see the person... his elfish senses were keen. However, he could not glimpse the owner of the beautiful voice. Looking down he saw another elf below. She was not the one singing, but she ha heard the song the same as he.
Gripping a branch, he swung down to the forest floor and landed in the soft grass
"Good day," he said with a bow.

viestrus01

Erynies jumped upon seeing the man suddenly land in front of her. She soon relaxed though as she realized that this was a person, not a dangerous animal or a monster. He didn't look like those Mordecai fellow either...

Still clutching her (huge) book tightly, she answered in a quiet voice. "Um... hello... who are you?"

Ice

Raven was really getting in to her song when she saw movement on the ground. It was a girl who was looking up at her. Just as she was about to say something a male came out in front of the female. So now there was two. She cocked her head and remained quiet as they spoke. Then she smiled with glowing blue eyes. The ghost then floated slowly down from the tree and stopped about a foot off the ground. She did not say anything though. See raven was being polite enough to let the two notice her once again before speaking.

JareckShay

Jareck glanced cautiously at the spider on the girl's shoulder, but smiled.

"My name is Jareck," said the elf. "I was resting in that tree when I heard singing. I couldn't seem to find where it was coming from."

He was about to ask her name when he saw something that made him start.

"Oh!" he gasped. "Miss, there is someone is behind you." His eyes narrowed, and sudden emotion flickered in them.. "A ghost..."

viestrus01

At the mention of a ghost, Erynies immediately whipped her head around, jumping at the sight of the ghost. A pale, almost translucent figure, floating a foot off the ground. Now how could that not make anyone jump?

She took a step back, eyeing the girl cautiously, gripping her book tightly. She could feel her arachnid friend shifting into a hostile stance, before it calmed down.

"Ey," it said,"I don't think she'd dangerous at all."

"You... think so?" said Erynies. She could already feel eyes on her, staring oddly as if she's crazy for talking to a spider, who can't, in fact, talk.

JareckShay

Jareck wasn't sure what to think. The girl was seemingly talking to  and answering herself.  But it was the ghost who caught his attention. His heart beat a little faster. He had questions, many question in his mind, but this was not the time...

"Good day," he said to the ghost. "Can you speak?"

He desperately hoped she could. Maybe then he could finally get what he wanted most. He hoped his eagerness didn't shine as brightly in his eyes as it did in his heart.

Ice

The ghostly woman was confused when the girl had jumped. Yes she was a ghost but besides her bleeding wounds she really was not all that frighten. Though the dead were scary to most she supposed. She then looked at the male who was taking to her. " yes I can speak." she said softly. She then lowered herself to the ground and turned in to her human fourm. This was the side of her that loved the living.

viestrus01

The elf looked back and forth between the man and the now turned human ghost. As confused as she was, she's glad the ghost didn't attack or anything. In fact, she's actually friendly.

Feeling her body grow less tense, she decided to ask. "Who...are you?"

JareckShay

It was less awkward seeing the ghost in a human form, and she didn't seem to be any immediate danger, so Jareck dropped his guard a bit. The elf girl had asked the ghost who she was. So he stayed quiet, waiting for the answer.

Ice

Raven watched the two as they looked at her now human forum. She was not certain what to think of the two just yet. She was however certain that she was in no danger. SHe then turned to the girl as she asked whom she was. Now if raven was feeling playful she could have lied. However, she was just feeling happy. "My name is raven." she said softly

viestrus01

"E... Erynies..." the girl shyly replied, with a voice so quiet they probably barely heard her. She heard her arachnid friend scoff just then.

"Tsk tsk tsk... ya need t'work a bit on yer social skills, there. Yer too shy!" Erynies merely sighed, heaeing her friend give her yet another lecture.

JareckShay

"Was it who was singing?" asked Jareck, looking t Raven. "Are a true ghost? Please forgive me for being blunt, but... were you alive once?"
Jareck felt embarrassed asking the question, but he had met so many beings and persons on his journeys he never took anything for granted. And if she was a true ghost, then this meeting between her, the young elf with the spider and himself was no accident.  Jareck fingered the small scroll of paper in his pocket.

Ice

Raven looked to the girl now as she gave her name. she could tell that she was a bit shy. She then turned to look at the male as he asked his questions. She was not really bothered by what he asked. No she was used to having other ask those kinds of questions. " well I am the one that was singing. Yes I am a true ghost. I was killed by a moster of a creature." she said with a frown.

JareckShay

Jareck reached into his pocket and pulled out a piece of paper.  "This may seem very strange," he said, "but I was in a city a few weeks ago and I found this on the floor of a bar."  He unrolled the paper and held it out for the others to see. It was a letter.
It read,
Garareth,
I am trailing the elf Jareck now.  Will find ghost (killed by beast) and elf girl (with spider) soon.  All three will be in our grasp before long
~Xenor

"I can only guess it was dropped by the one who was tracking me.  This Xenor." Jareck looked from one to the other. "Do either of you know anything of this?"

viestrus01

Erynies shool her head, having never heard of the name before. Though the letter's content did seem very odd.

For one thing, it sounded like it accurately predicted what's occurring right now.

She could feel her spider friend getting restless, all of a sudden.

"This all seems really fishy to me...," it said. Erynies couldn't help but agree.

Ice

The ghost looked at the boy as he spoke. Well that was a strange message. She slowly shook her head " no" she said softly. She looked to the girl who had shook her head. This was starting to get odd.