Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Tales From Retail!!

Started by Rhindeer, April 07, 2015, 10:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

I figure we should have a topic about this because this is my life and I'm sure plenty of peeps have funny/headdesky/ragey stories to share! 8D

So! I work as a barista at a bookstore cafe! Here is one from tonight!

Lady: *comes up to register with laptop, orders a big meal*
Me: Just so you know, it's 20 minutes 'til close. Would you like me to pack some of your stuff to go in case you don't finish in time?
Lady: *affronted* What? I can't eat it here?!
Me: Oh, no, of course you can eat it here! It's just that we close in 20 minutes so I was offering just in case, so you don't feel rushed! No worries, never mind!
Lady: *blank look*
Me: ...Okay! That'll be [total]! I'll have it up for you in a moment!
Me: *makes food and drink*
Manager: *makes 15 minute closing announcement*
Me: *serves food and drink, goes about closing duties*
Lady: *all settled in at her table with her laptop, barely touched any food*
Manager: *makes 10 minute closing announcement*
Lady: *in the same state!*
Manager: *makes 5 minute closing announcement*
Me:  *goes out to start wiping down tables*
Lady: *exasperated* I didn't know you were closing so soon! If I knew you were closing so soon, I'd go somewhere else! I have a lot of work to get done and I planned on staying here a while! If I knew, I would have gone to like Olive Garden!! *moment of clarity* ...This must be why you offered the to go box.
Me: *DYING INSIDE*
Me: *EXERCISING SO MUCH SELF RESTRAINT*
Me: ...*looks at her half finished food* ...Want a to go box?
Lady: .........No.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

wait- she said NO after all of that? looool
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

RIGHT? XDDD She had a half finished quiche left over and part of her soup. I was DYING. xD

She looked real butthurt so I think it may have been a pride thing. >_> Mebbe. I dunno, people are WEIRD! xD
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Rhindeer

My coworkers and managers are all punks.

A fave story from months ago! 8D Aka when one of my managers--we'll call him Steve--scared the shit out of me.

I'm closing that night, and I'm doing dishes in the back room since it's been slow, though I have a view of the register from there. It's about two hours 'til close. Suddenly I get a call from Steve over the phone.

Steve: Hey, is your register open?
Me: *blinks, slowly turns to look* What? No, it's not--OH MY GOD!
Register: *JUST HANGIN' OUT WITH ALL ITS PARTS INDECENTLY EXPOSED*
Me: *runs to close it* Uh, yeah, it was open. O___o Omg I don't know how!
Steve: B| Well. That's not good. *hangs up*

So I'm having a heart attack because OMG HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN OPEN??? I didn't have a customer for like half an hour and I'd been doing dishes and hadn't seen anyone come back there!!! WHAT IF SOMEONE REACHED OVER THE COUNTER AND STOLE MONEY??? AM I IN TROUBLE?! Did I not close it well enough? I'VE NEVER HAD THAT HAPPEN! EVER! OMGOMGOMG. I do notice a manager print out, though, which is odd...because I never heard ANYONE enter the cafe!

So about 20 minutes later Steve comes by.

Steve: So, what's up with you tonight, leaving your drawer open like that?
Me: I don't know! DDD8 I haven't had a customer in forever and I was doing dishes and I thought I closed it so I don't know what happened! DDD8
Steve: That's weird.
Me: I found this, though. O_o *hands manager print out*
Steve: Huhhh. *turns to leave* Well, it certainly wasn't because I accidentally opened all the registers in the store or anything. Like, who'd do something like that? >_>
Me: WUT.
Steve: *cackles and leaves*

You punk.

visualspice

OMG

I HAVE A SORT OF THE SAME STORY BUT NOT REALLY BUT IT WAS GREAT AND I MUST SHARE

I worked at this local pizza shop for years, and came to know a lot of the guys well. The owner at the time was a turkish man, but long story short, there was a driver that worked there (american) who was close to the owner and one day I was working on a rather slow Monday (this was years ago, mind you!) and the owner decides to pull a trick on the driver.

Removing everything from the freezer chest, he slips inside it and waits. When the driver came back, he's a good worker so he goes about doing the work he has to do- heads towards the freezer and opens it and pretty much has a heart attack when the owner goes RAAAAAAAAAR!

XD it was so hilarious

Good times, good times.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

OMFG XDDDDDDDDDDD THAT IS SO EVIL!

And so lucky he's a good employee or he'd be freezing in there for a while, lololololol! xD

One of my old managers liked to scare us like that. |: He was VERY SNEAKY and VERY GOOD at being quiet, so I'd be doing dishes and never hear him sneaking up behind me. Then I'd turn and HE'D BE THERE GRINNING and I'd die.

Or he'd plaster his face against the little window to the back room while making an anguished face and wait until you turned and saw him. |:

Or he'd wedge himself between boxes and stand very still and wait until you saw him.

He was TERRIBLE. xDDD