Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Adventuring Beast-Hunter

Started by Aleron, April 08, 2015, 03:03:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleron

Aleron's village is nestled deep in the foothills of the mountains in Tirial. For generations, his village has been in a truce with Those who Do Not Speak. Very few have seen them before, and those who have claim they are monstrous, snarling beasts who make the dangerous mountain passes their home. But in Aleron's 9th birthday, the treaty is broken as a hunting party--including his dad--is found half-eaten in the town square. For the next ten years the village provides sacrifices for the beasts, and they manage. But when a plague takes the livestock, they have no sacrifices. When Aleron is 19, a werewolf ravages the village in broad daylight, leaving his mother dead. With no ties left to the hellish place, he escapes. And as he ventures away from the village, there are only two goals in his mind: to increase his high-potential magic ability, and to rid the world of the abominations that are man-beasts.

This thread is pretty much open, as long as whoever joins can send me a quick message telling me their character and how they plan to enter, etc. Any character can join in, no matter where they are from or what they are as long as they explain what they are doing in the area where the story is taking place. I don't expect this to be a short one!

If you want to enter, you can just comment or reply to this thread and maybe we can start up an epic tale.

Ethereal-Star

I can definitely see my character Mason becoming involved here. Perhaps these monsters are also plaguing his tribe and they want to find a way to deal with it, not only for their sakes but for others as well. He lives in the Terrin Mountains in Serendipity so it would not be much of a stretch at all for him to jump in here. I am thinking I might have a couple NPC tribe members tag along too with Mason, as strength in numbers and all.

Aleron

Great! I've already started a thread with Aleron and a couple others, but I could also make a parallel universe or something. Or you can join in with what's going on. So far it's sort of lost it's original theme, but I'm hoping it picks up along soon. He's recently had all his money stolen from him by a player and so he's going to be going after her, since she got away. I'm highly thinking that I'll be having him get a little band together to go after her and then hunt monsters along the way or when they get back. Of course, like I said, we can do a parallel universe sort of thing. It's up to you.

Aleron

Well, I looked at Mason and he definitely would work great with Aleron in killing the beasts. I did change the premise a bit and explained the day his village was attacked in my pre started forum ("The World Beyond" in the Wester Highlands or something like that). Maybe if you want to make a parallel universe story that would be a great place to check out a little description of the day. Just to point out, even though he is escaping his village seemingly never to return he still has a deep hatred for creatures and plans on going around and killing them. But also, fighting the creatures from his village with Mason and his crew sounds really fun!

Ethereal-Star

I could join in the current thread. I'll give it a read and see at what point Mason could make his entrance... It might be later, but IDK.

Aleron

Alright. Well, do whatever you like. Hopefully this works out! A big, beast hunting adventure sounds like it could be very fun

Ethereal-Star

If you're still interested in a Mason/Aleron thread, I'm still up for it. Let me know what you wanna do regarding plots/alternate ideas, etc. A beast hunting mission sounds good. I was thinking for later in Mason's timeline a battle between an enemy orc tribe he and his own tribe are having quarrels with. Perhaps Aleron could help them out?