Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

This Cinderella Wears Boots

Started by visualspice, April 14, 2015, 08:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

ANgel stumbled back.
"Ewan- wait!" she shouted. "Are you sure that's a good-"
But too late, green engulfed the boy and Angel took a step back, arms infront of her protectively as if anticipating the worst. But what she hadn't anticipated was the boy's transformation into-
She howled and leaped back.
"Ewan.. you're..!"

And inside the barn the dog gave a howl as well, paws banging and clawing the wood.
Angel was still speechless, gaping.

"You're..."
Then anger rushed through her veins as she gripped her hands into fists.
"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING!? YOU'RE JUST A KID! STOP TRYING TO USE MAGIC TO BE A HERO! LOOK WHAT IT'S DONE TO YOU! YOU"RE A HAIRY BEAST!"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Whim

Ewan chewed his lip, shrinking away from Angel liked a chastened dog. He scratched his back rudely. "Am sorry," his speech was halting; he blushed, "Stronger. See? Turn back in hour."

The beast-boy loped toward the door, walking on all fours. He had muscles, but Angel was right that the spell was a complete mess. His fur could attest to that. "DOOR!" he grunted and began tugging at the hinge and lock. Around the third tug the already loose screws pulled free from the rotted door.

The stable swung open and Shaggy barked excitedly and bounded out, at least as far as his tether would allow, happily jumping up on angel and slobbering over her ruined dress. The dog gave a cursory growl to the feral-looking child. Ewan darted back with a frightened yelp, casting a sour look to the girl and the dog. "Spell worked," he muttered sulkily, and looked around the stable.

It seemed Mara hadn't kept animals in a while, and was more of a junk room than a place for animals. There was the stolen horse, who was looking a bit spooked; shelves preserved fruit; old farm tools; an old hunting bow; and several crates and trunks stacked atop one-another...
Awesome avatar by Eckhart_von_Musel

Guilds:
Wyrdwood Academy of Arcane Science

Events:
The Midnight Harvest
Into the Mouth of Qokagax

Characters:
Ewan ap Rhys - once a great sorcerer, now a small boy
Anwen ferch Rhys - scholar of blood magic
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie
"Kaliam" - magically conjoined apprentice wizards
Maergath - Magister of Soulshaping, necromancer, angry and hateful wizard
Narlis Thordane - Hero for hire, proud and unrepentant scumlord
Niamh Wayrest - trader in forbidden lore, purveyor of curiosities
OLIVER THE BARBARIAN - a very reluctant hero and monster-slayer
Sage Whitechalk - heir to the Whitechalk Family
Saoirse Nettlefield - Headmistress of Wyrdwood, conniving academic

visualspice

"Ugh- YUCK!" Shaggy was a bit too excited for Angel's taste, and she unceremoniously shoved the slobbery fur ball aside. However, upon seeing him prickle in response to the changed Ewan, she rolled her eyes and groaned, snatching the dog by his scruff.

"That's your master!" she scolded, pointing a stiff finger at Ewan. "Though he looks as hairy as you." she pointed out, "I'm sure you can still smell that boy in their somewhere." She eased up her grip on Shaggy, though the dog didn't seem to believe Angel, his lips curling a bit in a snarl. Angel sighed again.

"Look, you're scaring both the animals. The horse would be a perfect way to get the hell out of here- but I'd be afraid it'd buck us off."
As if it's anxious, stomping in place wasn't obvious enough.
"Do we really have to wait an hour for this thing to wear off?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Whim

"Powerful spell. Will try." Ewan grunted, the feral boy's eyes darting around the stable. Taking a wide breadth around the dog and horse he loped toward the preserved peaches, sniffing at them. "Should steal from cottage. Need supplies, righ-"

A wave of dizziness crept over Ewan. He staggered back, dropping the peaches into some straw. Then the beast-boy let forth a loud sneeze. Fur-went flying, claws retracted, and muscle melted away. A scrawny ten-year-old, albeit one with slightly pointed ears, remained. Stupid spell only lasted five minutes!

"Well you got your wish! And for everyone's complaining about my spell it got us in here!" the boy pouted indignantly, even giving the dog a sour look. "I can still do things. And I haven't lied about what I am!

"Sorry. Let's steal some food. Maybe we could get blankets and cloaks from the house... if you trust them. My pack's in there too so we'll need to fetch it."

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie

visualspice

She couldn't believe what she was sneezing. In a sneeze the boy had returned, and Angel found herself grimacing. No words were spoken as Ewan went on his little tantrum, though his dog did whine a little, tail wagging low between his legs, uncertainly. Then Angel furrowed her brow and snatched onto his wrist.

"What are you crazy?!" she could have given him a good shake, but who knew if more fur would fall out! "We're not going back in there! Just leave it! We should be happy we're as far away as we are. Look.." she went on, her other hand now placed on his shoulder, her other, loosening on his wrist. "We got the horse, you're dog and we're both not dead and wearing cursed clothing."

That's when she nearly laughed.
"Quick, put on the petite coat, or what's left of it, and let's get the hell outta here!"

Whim

"But my book and my notes are all in there!" he shrieked. "I need them to try the summoning! It's important!" Then Angel grabbed his arm and he suddenly felt very small. He certainly wasn't going anywhere. The boy withered under gaze. He might've argued if he hadn't been up for over 24 hours and his feet weren't aching.

"...fine. Only because I don't want you to get hurt." He did feel a twinge responsible for Angel, even though the girl had it in her head it was the other way around.

And then Angel started laughing. Ewan turned beat red at the realization he was naked. "You could've said something!" The boy stomped over to the torn petticoat and turned it over in his hands. It was ruined like the rest of the gown, though still frilly. He wrapped it underneath himself and bound it with a bit twine, forming a loin cloth. "I still look like some dirty savage!"

"I guess you don't mind about the dress anymore? Ought to find some real clothes and stuff in case it gets cold..."

Outside a loud explosion shook the ground, following what sounded like... the roar of a great cat? Ewan hastily moved to stuff the saddle bags with preserves and straw to keep the jars from breaking.

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

visualspice

"You're magic is lousy, Ewan!" Angel snapped. "I'm sure you can figure that out later." Away from her and where it was safer to do so! "And I'll worry about proper attire when we're in the clear. You want to keep your skin, don't ya?"

THe explosion made her leap near out of her skin, and she moved to grab the horse's reins.
"That's good enough. Come on!" And she moved a foot into the stirrup, then threw herself up and onto the horse, a hand down to Ewan.

Whim

"It works fine!" Ewan huffed and took Angel's hand, half-climbing and half-pulled up the saddle by his fore-arm and nestled between Angel's arms. The dog barked happily as the trio left the stable. Across the field there was a cacophony of light and sound as the witches continued their duel.

"The book's important. Its got a spell that-" the boy was suddenly distracted as he saw a pair of yellow saucers in the dark. They all did. It was the house cat prowling through the tall grass. Now it was the size of a lion, and making a throaty growl. "-GO!"

The four of them likely had the same idea at once, or at least the horse did, as they went galloping down the dirt path and back toward the main road.

(OOC: Shall we continue in the Draconi Forest?)

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

visualspice

As they were making their escape, an unseen gold spider buried itself beneath the boy's tattered clothes, perching, listening, waiting. It was several hours before the horse would slow and began to grow antsy for a rest and a munch of grass. Angel directed the horse off the road, eyes searching for a source of water until she dismounted at the sight of a small, meandering stream.

"Hey, kid," she went on, shaking his shoulder. "You should drink too. We'll rest quickly, but I think we should press on."

OOC: Sorry for the delay on replying!  I was thinking of a good transition but this is all I got for now :T
We could start a new thread, in reply to your question, or just keep using this one unless they end up leaving this particular territory all together. Who knows, they might find themselves back in Arca on accident! (or against their will!)

Whim

[Take your time! And I guess we can just stick with the current thread! Probably better to keep the story in one thread than hack it up because of scene changes. And I guess they can end up anywhere! Looking forward to what the spider brings...]

"Huh?" Ewan stirred from his sleep when Angel shook him. He blushed, realizing he slept in the crook of her arm the whole way. The boy slid down from the horse and stretched, rudely scratching his backside. Something tickled. But the little gold spider simply relocated to another fold in his makeshift loincloth.

They didn't even have proper waterskins, so he cupped his hands and drank greedily. Reflections of Draconi's impossibly large and ancient trees were visible in the little brook. No doubt housing nests of  of wyvern and giant owls. It would have been a pretty sight if not for Angel in a filthy dress, and Ewan looking half-feral. How were they going to survive out here?

"Does anyone live out here?" he cracked a small smile and looked to the road, which turned from cobblestones to dirt and dust. "Or did your brothers teach you how to camp and stuff at least?"

There was no way they'd make it to La'marri like this. And he didn't even have his book anymore...

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

visualspice

Angel drank some more before wiping off the excess on the back of her hand. She studied him a moment before nodding and standing. Hands on her hips, she observed the area around them, musing, "I can't say I'm familiar with this area. Most dirt roads look the same. But don't worry about camping. Iv'e had my share. I did tell you my family sells dragons for a living, didn't I? And sometimes the job requires travel." And at that, her grin grew catty. "Which meant sleeping out beneath the stars and fishing in the river." At such an idea, her stomach growled and she actually laughed as she patted it.

"Fishing sounds like a good idea, though I doubt we could cobble together any sort of useful fishing rod. Besides.." she looked at the water and gave it a light kick. "I"m pretty sure all that's in here are minnows- and even those you could just catch with your hands. I guess we could try that and call it a snack?" she jested, giving the boy a lop sided grin.

Whim

"Dragons sound expensive. I'm sure you had tents. Wagons. Servants to build fires," he grinned impishly for emphasis. He did wonder if the tomboyishness was all bravado or if she could get a campfire built.. he wasn't very good at it.

And then a sudden cringe of horror painted itself across Ewan's face at the suggestion. They were steps away from living like animals. "My luck I'll squish one and get a handful of guts. Though I could try and summon up a berry bush," he mumbled in a small voice, knowing what her answer would be.

The boy looked up and down the road. La'marri and the answers it held was so close... and so far... But it would be safer to return. Safer for him and especially safer for Angel. He opened his mouth to tell the truth... and shut it again just as fast.

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

visualspice

Angel rolled her eyes then grabbed the boy's hand, giving it a tug.
"Come on, kid. No magic, but I'd be up for some berry hunting! If anything, berries should be well in season now!" Or so she hoped.

Whim

"If you let me get my book I could do it properly," he pouted. Letting himself get dragged out of there hadn't gone so well. "And I'm tired."

But they needed food as much as sleep. They combed the stream hand in hand, finding a few scrubby blackberry bushes offering the odd morsel. Shaggy padded after them but mostly barked at fish. No one noticed the little golden spider. The stream eventually diverged from the road and they wandered deeper and deeper into the forest.

And then they saw it.

It was a large pant, nearly five-feet tall. Its branches were long and twisted, but lacking in leaves, odd for summer. Lush, many-hued fruit hung grew from it.

"Well there's... something. But what the hell is it?" Ewan said with a mixture of disgust and aw. It was pretty, but in an alien sort of way.

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

visualspice

Angel had seen it now too, and was staring at it in awe.
"Must be some wild fruit.... I can't say I know what the heck it is." She dared to get near to it, uncaring for the leaflessness of it as she dared to pluck a fruit as she held it up towards the sky to examine it with whatever light the forest's allowed.

Then she turned from the tree and sat down on a nearby fallen log and said, "Let's cut it open and see what it tastes like. Hopefully not turnip's... " she smirked over at the boy as she moved to dig her finger's into the fruit to rip a piece of it off. "I don't like turnip's."

Whim

"Wait-" Ewan shouted. Angel snatched the fruit before he could stop her. Nothing happened, but the plant didn't look right at all.  The fruit itself was green and squishy like a ripe plum. When Angel tore it in two, it ruptured in a spray of sweet-smelling juice.

"You don't eat your vegetables and you scold me for table manners?" the boy cracked a slight smile, sitting beside her.

"You know. There are plants in Kishahn that eat animals. Some don't even need sun. You really should be careful" he lectured in a haughty tone. Both could hear his stomach growl.

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

visualspice

She held the juice dripping fruit pieces before shoving some into the boy's hand.
"Does it look like we're in the jungle?" She rolled her eyes. "Really, kid, we're starving. We found fruit. Just eat up."
And she bit into her half herself and nearly choked.

"This thing's juicy!" she went on, cupping a hand under her chin to catch the dribbling juices. "But it ain't bad!"

Whim

"I guess not. Just really old and big forest filled with dragons and all sorts of beasts. No chance of man-eating plants through," the boy smirked. He took the fruit in both hands and took a bite, letting the juice stream down his face. It was delicious.

"Tastes like a plum, kinda." he murmured between bites. Whether or not he was ever going to grow up, his body was greedy for nourishment (judging by the baby fat which clung to him). He tossed the core aside and scurried over to pick another.

Minutes into their lunch the pair began to feel full and unnaturally tired, strange given their brief nap on horseback. Ewan, who'd eaten three, quietly slumped against Angel.

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

visualspice

The fruit was a heavenly change of pace after all the pair had endured thus far. And though tired, she tried to stifle her yawn, but was having a hard time fighting off how heavy her eye lids felt.

"You think it's safe if we rest here a while?" she asked, yawning again. She had enough strength to peer over at her companion, who was already asleep beside her-
And soon, so was she.

And when they'd awake, they were in a much different surrounding, in a location she couldn't even begin to guess. But the air reeked of the earth, and because of the dim lighting, she could only deduce they were perhaps underground. But when she went to move, she cried as she tried over the coils that bound her limbs, and found herself falling overtop of Ewan.

Cursing, she wriggled to get off the boy and gave him a cake.
"Ewan!" She gave him another kick as she hissed, "Hey.. wake up!"

Whim

"Uh... wh..." Ewan stirred softly, face sticky from the fruit. The boy was wrapped in a coccoon of vines and detritus. It was warm and comfortable and the first kick hadn't woken him. But the second did.

"Ow! What?! I'm awake..." he snapped, trying to wriggle free of vines. "What the hells?! Untie me!" Shaggy whined nearby, also caught in the tendrils. The slowly crept tighter and tighter around their prey...

The burrow was warm and earthy. Dim sunlight filtered through a whole in the ceiling, allowing Ewan and Angel to just make out the rest of the underground chamber. Its walls and floor were covered in a thatch of root and vine. At the very center of the burrow was the base of a tree or bush which surely sprang from the ground above them. The roots at the base were twisted into what 'vaguely' resembled a human face...

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters: