Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

This Cinderella Wears Boots

Started by visualspice, April 14, 2015, 08:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: My phone typos from my last post were hilarious XD

"Untie you?" Angel snapped. "This ain't the time to get funny! We're both in a prickly pickle here!"
But as her eyes searched the room and she stumbled across the figure, or at least when she realized the roots resembled a human face, she was gasping, and then doubly so when the eyes opened and seemed to stare right at them.

"Oh mother of the Gods.." There was no way she was going to die here, and by some creepy root person. So she struggled harder. But then the roots moved, one of them curling around the young boy's boot.

Angel gasped, "Ewan!" And she feebly tried to shove the living root away from him.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Whim

(OOC: Cake and a kick... such mixed signals)

Ewan shrieked kicked violently as a thin vine coiled about his left foot. Fortunately, Angel was able to crush it to a pulpy mess with her gem-studded shoe. Both, however, felt the thin vines tighten around their body and begin to tug.

"Okay! I've got another spell! the boy cried out, worming a hand out of the vines to hold onto Angel. "Its a shapechange. It won't hurt anything!"

"Na'sci-" Ewan was in the midst of uttering the words when the vines tightened sharply around his midsection. He meant to turn into a great big wood-boring beetle. Instead, the spell escaped and a nimbus of green fire filled the burrow. The tree sneered and withdrew its tendrils; Angel, Ewan, and shaggy were bathed in the spell to varying degrees.

"D-don't panic!" Ewan wheezed, pondering what the haywire magic would do and to whom. He already felt a slight tingle around his fingers and toes, now tinted green and sprouting claws.
Awesome avatar by Eckhart_von_Musel

Guilds:
Wyrdwood Academy of Arcane Science

Events:
The Midnight Harvest
Into the Mouth of Qokagax

Characters:
Ewan ap Rhys - once a great sorcerer, now a small boy
Anwen ferch Rhys - scholar of blood magic
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie
"Kaliam" - magically conjoined apprentice wizards
Maergath - Magister of Soulshaping, necromancer, angry and hateful wizard
Narlis Thordane - Hero for hire, proud and unrepentant scumlord
Niamh Wayrest - trader in forbidden lore, purveyor of curiosities
OLIVER THE BARBARIAN - a very reluctant hero and monster-slayer
Sage Whitechalk - heir to the Whitechalk Family
Saoirse Nettlefield - Headmistress of Wyrdwood, conniving academic

visualspice

The second she realized what Ewan was about to do, she screamed. But her protests were lost. The moment happened in such a frenzy she was already coughing up the green spores of magic. Clutching onto her throat, she fell onto her side, her skin zinging at the sensation of the magic seeming to breath it's way through her. And she felt her bones shift, odd, but not painful as she emerged in a gag of raspy breath as some sort of human, just the hint left of herself, with green skin and pincher like claws akin to that of a preying mantis or some sort, and a strange hybrid of moth wings that were quite.... not.

They look malformed if anything, and as he moved and realized, she could move her wings too, she nearly fainted.

"E-Ewan!" she squealed, scrambling to stand but her head was dizzy and she slowly began to loose her footing, falling right ontop of Shaggy- or had turned into a rather large sized hard shelled beetle. Well, a beetle that could bark.

"Ruff!"

Shrieking again,s he  threw herself away from the dog beetle and turned around then to see Ewan, who only had her screaming again.
"EWAN! WHAT DID YOU DO TO US!?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Whim

"I'm trying to save us!" he snapped at Angel, then offered an apologetic cringe. At least her human face was visible, but the rest... "Uh- sorry. I can fix you."

Ewan was knocked back by the blast and tried to stand up. His legs, alas, felt strange and numb. From the waste down he was a giant slug, and the rest of him was tinted green-brown and coated in mucus. He groaned.

The man-eating tree was unaffected by the magic and had regained its courage. More vines slithered toward the trio. With a raspy snarl the dog-beetle plowed into them, teeth and mandibles cutting the tendris to ribbons. The tree twisted its face into a defiant sneer, raising its thicker roots defensively. It seemed to mumble something. Perhaps a spell? A call to some hidden allies?

"You can yell later! RUN!" Ewan pointed toward the pointed toward the sunlight opening. The irony wasn't lost as the boy; his slug-body wriggling along at a frustrating pace. He didn't dare try to undo the spell - it worked on Shaggy at least.

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie

visualspice

She wasn't a fool. Running was the best idea he had yet! Except as she rushed past him, she stumbled to a halt and groaned, rolling her eyes at his form. She was quick to return to his side and cringed as she tried to push him along.
"Ugh! Come on! You need to move faster!"

Whim

"No, I'd rather move slower!" Ewan huffed as Angel jabbed his back, finally opting opting to drag himself through the dirt using his hands. From that vantage he noticed how crushed bones litered the floor. It was mostly animals, though he caught the toothy grin of a human skull out of the corner of his eye.

An eternity seemed to pass before Angel and the slugboy reached the mouth of the cave. Shaggy was enthusiastically grapling with the roots. The tree continued its spell as amber-colored mist filled the hollow, glittering resin clinging to just about everything...

"Shaggy come on!" Ewan urged the beetle-dog, trying to attract his attention.

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

visualspice

They weren't out of the clear yet, and with a frustrated growl, ANgel moved to grab onto Ewan's hands and worked at dragging him clean out of the mouth of the cave.
"Forget the dog! We're going to be tree food if we don't get the hell away from here!"

Whim

"Wait! I can counter the spell-" Ewan managed to almost slip away from Angel's grip, though he couldn't wriggle very far before she grabbed him again. The vapor around the cave-mouth began to clear. The walls were shiny with a glint of amber, and the hollow was deathly silent. He let her drag him the rest of the way until they reached the bank of the stream, which looked no more than a trickle next to the old-growth treetrunks.

"It will wear off in a few minutes. I hope," he tried to straighten his posture, awkardly balancing. It was hard to look Angel in the eye; the chitinous claws and ragged moth wings did not make her a pretty sight. Ewan's wiped his eyes self consciously. His throat burned. "And thanks. I guess I got... attached to him. Stupid dog."

It wasn't the first time a dog died protecting its master. That didn't take the sting away. It didn't mean worse couldn't happen. "Angel I think we should go back. I-I... don't want you to die, too."

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

visualspice

Angel froze at the reality was what occurred. And her stomach dropped, veins chilling. She grit her teeth and tried not to look back, wondering... waiting...
Maybe the boy was wrong. No,t he dog couldn't be dead. That wicked tree...
He was trying to protect them.

She shook it off, and fought back any tears. ANd she forced herself to stand again.
"No, we can't go back."

Whim

"Its pretty far to La'marri and its anderous and!" Ewan sighed sharply and hung his head. "I don't got- I don't have 'family' there. There's a faerie I need to summon. Its not worth this. I'm sure your ma will forgive you."

The boy squirmed uncomfortably and  whispered a counterspell to try and reverse the transformations...

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

visualspice

Angel's eyes went wide as she lunged at Ewan to try to stop him.
"What are you doing!? Are you nuts!?"

Whim

Ewan was nearly finished the reversal spell when Angel yanked him aside. He tried to wriggle away but was far too slow slow. The whole affair went up in smoke. Perhaps if she were lucky she'd have been struck by it.

"What are you doing?!" he snapped haughtily, "I was gonna do a reversal so we'd turn back faster! I know what I'm doing. Don't really fancy being a slug you know."

"And I wanted to talk and-" he cracked a tiny smile, "I can't take you serious like that."

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

visualspice

Angel gasped and gave the slug boy a shove.
"You're one to talk!" But soon she felt the glittering effects of the spell. Gasping, she tried to brush it off. "Do you even listen to yourself?! Its your novice magic getting us all crazy shaped!"

Whim

"We escaped didn't we? And fine, fine. I won't do any spells. We'll stay this way." Ewan gave Angel a fierce look at the shove, lip quivering. "And I told you I ain't- I'm not really a kid!"

The slugboy inched back toward the stream and the horse, sulking. "You really think we can survive to La'marri?"

The remnants of the spell sent a tingle down Angel's arms. The chitinous pincers cracked and shifted back to something resembling hands...

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

visualspice

She threw her arms up, exasperated.
"Oh, enough with it already! You're a novice in so many things and I'm just barely an adult here! We're both fools as far as the world sees it and I'm not about to let myself get caught up into another unfortunate mess!"

She was so upset, she was shaking. Growling,s he turned from him and tried to calm herself down, hands raking through her hair.

"At least I didn't have to get married," she muttered, still not realizing her hands were back to normal, and even the green tint of her skin was disappearing.

She wilted.
"Let's.. let's just keep moving. To someplace... anywhere but here."
Any place seemed safer than this cursed place.

Whim

"If you're afraid of getting married and want an adventure you're going to need to trust me! Where we're going there's only going to be more-" Ewan cut himself off. More magic.

The pair meandered along the stream. Ewan kept lagging behind. Rather than point out his success with Angel, and offer to turn back, the boy kept their pace slow for spite. He was cross at her for not listening. Finally, their crude camp came into view. The horse was waiting. "You said your family traded in dragons. Got any friends or places we can stop for supplies at least? Little inns along the road?"

There were no more cobblestones. Just a well-trodden swath of dirt.

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

visualspice

Angel turned to the boy who was moving too slow for her liking and walked clean up to him with a glare.
"Don't speak trust and marriage in the same sentence, kid," she went on, and pinched his arm. "Now move quicker and think of better ideas! We can't go to my parent's connections!" She shook her head. "They'd send people out for us for sure."

No, no! If anything, the pair needed to avoid all that.

Whim

"Hardly as if you've even been married..." Ewan mumbled.

The boy yelped at her prodding. "And another thing! I've changed you back! Can I fix myself without you bugging me?!" he meant to stomp his foot for emphasis. Instead his new 'tail' thumped the ground with a splat. He cringed.

"Alright, alright. My family is in Ravensway though I don't fancy seeing them like this. Not till I summon this faerie to put things right." Ewan crossed his arms. The irony of his own avoided homecoming was lost. "Maybe we can make it to La'marri... said you know how to camp out here?"

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

visualspice

"I know enough to know it would have been hell," she told him sharply, but she blinked and looked down at herself. "Hey.." she cracked a smile. "What do you know... I am back to normal."
Giddy that she was no longer some half monster thing, she walked away from him and said over her shoulder. "Sure, sure, go ahead and give it a try. Just keep the magic away from me now, alright kid?"

Whim

Ewan slithered back a ways from Angel and recited the shapechanger's verse again. He did it slowly and careful. The slugboy shivered and twitched; first the legs came, then his tail melted back into something more human. He near-skipped back to the horse in celebration, making effort to hide smirk.

"Let's not mention this ever again, alright?"

The petticoat was torn and slick with mucus, just about preserving his modesty. Angel's wedding dress was in even poorer shape. "Let's just find a farm, any farm, and get some clothes and blankets? They can't all be run by sorcerers - unless you're able to tan a hide out here."

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters: