Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Chasing The Scorpion's Tale

Started by visualspice, April 19, 2015, 02:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Candy winced. Her arm hurt like hell, and she hadn't slept for a good while now. Although she knew she should be getting back to the Peach, trying to do that at this time of night and in her condition weren't exactly the smartest ideas. So she nodded at his suggestion.

"I could use an hour or two of shut eye," she admitted, but then gave him a nudge. "I bet you could too. ANd if the tent's too small, let's try using those pine trees over there. They keep rain out pretty good and they look wide enough to accommodate at least some of us. And if Fi's tired, let's give her the luxury sweet." Well, the luxury sweet being the tent. She couldn't assume her and the fire boy being able to fit in it- then again,s he wasn't sure how large a tent he had. She smiled and gave the bird's feathers a good scratching.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Koga

"Alright, but only because you and Fi are tired." Wildfire smiled. "I've got another hundred miles in me! I could walk for the next THREE DAYS if I had to!" That definitely wasn't true, but from the look in his eyes, it was clear to see that Wildfire really believed that. He would keep walking until his legs gave out on him if he had to, and even then he'd probably try to find a way to walk on his hands.

The Mage opened up Fia's saddle pack, removed the little red tent, and walked over to the pine trees. He then began setting up the tent next to the trees. The process only took him about 5 minutes, since he's done this hundreds of times before. "A fine tent! Jusssst big enough for two people, or one Phoenix." After the tent was set up, he pointed an open palm to the ground beneath the pines, and out from his hand shot a ball of fire. "That should keep us warm for the night!" Wildfire said with a smile, he hated the cold. 

visualspice

"Did you hear that, Fi?" she cooed to the bird, giving another generous scratch to her feathers. "Wildfire's got you a nice cozy tent to stay in! Why don't you check it out? Here, I'll show ya!" And she playfully lead Fia into the tent. "Its red, just like your pretty fluff feathers!"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Koga

Fia hobbled into the tent as Candy led her to it, cooing drowsily all the way. After she managed to fit her large body into the tent, she turned around in a circle and sat down with just her beak protruding from the entrance. Wildfire smiled softly at the sight. He sat down next to the fire, and playfully manipulated it with his fingertips. He made the fire into a long stream, and had it dance around in the sky beneath the pines like a snake in the sand. The area around them began to warm up, and Wildfire yawned. Then he blinked, and his eyes lit up as if he had just remembered something important.

"How's your arm?"

visualspice

Candy nestled in beside Fia, still giving her attention as the bird settled in for the long night. She seemed to really like her feathers begin pet and scratched, and Candy didn't mind giving up her time for it.

But her attention was robbed when Wildfire inquired about her arm. She gave a shrug.
"I'm not dying, so I guess that's a good thing," she told him with a smirk, moving her fingers to gently stroke the bird's cheeks.

Koga

The Firebird cooed with delight, and nuzzled her head into Candy's lap. Her breathing slowed, and her eyes shut. She was well on her way to that deep slumber. Fia loved getting pet and scratched, and really wanted to thank Candy for easing her into her sleep, but she was far too tired. Sure enough, the Phoenix was soon sleeping like a baby.

Wildfire on the other hand was feeling a bit restless. His body was tired and aching, yet his mind raced on and on. He found himself thinking about his old life, before he hit the road. He had seen his home city today, and was probably just within a few miles of his father. He thought about where he might be now if his life had turned out differently. Would he have been happier if he stayed with his family? His eyes looked to Fia, and then he remembered why he left. A smile grew on his face. No, he couldn't be happier.

"Good to hear, try not to get shot again!" He joked.

visualspice

"I make no promises," she told him with a smirk. "Besides, I've got Fia now to protect me!"

Koga

Wildfire let the fire he was manipulating in the air return to its pit, and let out a long drawn out yawn. It had been a long day, and now that Wildfires' mind was completely eased he felt himself drift off into a slumber. "Good...night... everybody... see ya tomorrow..." Soon enough, both him and Fia were silently sleeping. The forest seemed much quieter now, and all that could be heard was the fire cackling, bugs chirping, and leaves rustling.

visualspice

She didn't realize how tired she was until she too, had passed out for the night. But she awoke before the sun rose and found her current companions still fast asleep. Moving quietly and as quickly as she could, she began to tip toe away from the pair, hoping to make her exit as quietly as she could. She did, after all, have to get back to work, and she was certain Wildfire and Fia had lives to get back to as well.

Koga

A single orange-red eye popped open as Candy tried to sneak away in the morning. A soft yawn, followed by a light chuckle was heard over the sounds of chirping morning birds and the rustling of leaves.

"See ya later Candy." Wildfire said, just hardly loud enough to be heard, before closing his eyes and falling right back asleep. Though he hadn't had the chance to really befriend Candy the way he knew he could, he also knew this wasn't going to be the last time they met. He didn't have a worry in the world. Whether either of them knew it or not, Wildfire and Candy were two lost souls, who were bound to wander into each other again eventually.

visualspice

See ya later, indeed! She left it at that. It was a good way to part anyway. Although Wildfire was sure they'd run into one another again, she was rather certain they would not. Making her way back to The Randy Peach, Candy found herself with an earful from her boss-
and her close friends as well.

It wasn't that she was surprised for the reprimand, but rather, she was too tired and didn't want to deal with it. Even still, she let her friend rant and her boss punish her. Seemed she was on kitchen duty for the week. Although she was lucky she had gotten off so easily. She supposed the Randy Peach was doing well enough one whore less wouldn't make a difference.

But it was strange. It seemed the rain that had been going on yesterday was continuing on just as heavily today. She peered out the window, into the alleyway and thought about what had happened last night, all the while sudsy up one dirty dish after another.