Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Last Verse of the Song

Started by visualspice, April 19, 2015, 04:14:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

When Garrett returned, he'd be able to hear a sharp creak from the bed. The woman remained where he had left her, and she was gripping the bed sheets something fierce. Her eyes still held a fierceness likea fire, and she thought nothing peculiar until the way he addressed her when he left. It elicited a small, surprised glare is way, and the second he left, her eyes dropped to her clothes. She had tried to dress more commonly, but regretted she had nothing simpler than what she wore.

Sighing hotly, she moved to stand, and with a silent cry, her legs got entangled on the bedding.and she fell.forward with a loud crash to the ground.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Hungry Hippo

Garrett sighed to himself as he walked away from the room. She still seemed to be angry with him, and had only looked even more furious at his attempt to treat her like a noble. He could understand her initial surprise and anger towards him, but thought that after his explanation of where she was she would be more grateful. Perhaps he had made some mistake in the way he behaved around her. He'd heard they had all sorts of strange rules to do with behaving around nobles down south.

As he walked away from the room he suddenly heard a loud crash behind him. Spinning around he rushed back through the door to find the girl laying on the floor, bed covers tangled around her legs.

Hurrying over to her he tried desperately not to look at anything inappropriate as he crouched down to help her up. "Are you alright?" he asked, concerned that she had survived the snow only to injure herself now.

visualspice

Panicked, she tried her best to get herself out of the sheets, but in the thick of things, her knee caught hold of the sheets keeping her modest, and down they went. At the angle, he might have caught a glimpse of her, or perhaps she was lucky and her long red hair offered some modesty. But the second she was able to, she snatched up the blanket again and covered herself, and lifted her head to look at him, face red and eyes wild.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Hungry Hippo

A moment of silence fell upon the room as they looked at each other awkwardly. The girls long red hair had managed to hide some of her body when the sheets went down, however Garrett had still seen too much for her modesty to remain intact.

Clearing his throat, he managed to break the awkward silence. "Umm, sorry about that," he said as he stood up. "I didn't mean to... err... see anything." He held out a hand, offering to help her to her feet.

visualspice

Thoroughly offended she had been seen, Winifred reared back from the offered hand and clutched the bedding tighter.

Hungry Hippo

Deciding he should leave before he caused any more embaressment, Garrett backed away towards the door. "I'll leave you to get changed. M'lady," he said, remembering to give another awkward bow before turning the leave the room.

visualspice

She waited a moment to ensure the man wouldn't return before quickly picking up her clothing and finally letting the bed sheet drop. Wasting little time, she slipped into the layers of her dress and began to (or rather, attempt to) tighten the corset in the back.

She found it ironic she was even still wearing one. Perhaps she could exchange these fancier clothing in for something less flashy. With her corset now half tied, she huffed and abandonned the mission to complete this herself and moved to throw open the door as she glared at the man before turning around and pointing to the unfinished and loosely tied laces.

It was the least he could.do after seeing her naked!

Hungry Hippo

Garrett looked at the lady in surprise as she flung open the door, still only half dressed. But as she spun around and pointed at the loosely tied lases he quickly realised what she wanted him to do.

He hadn't much experience with tightening a corsets laces, but it seemed fairly straight forward and only took him a moment. "How's that?" he asked, hoping he hadn't made it too tight enough to suffocate her.

visualspice

It was tight, but she'd had them tighter, and she sighed once she was secure in her dress. Slowly, she smoothed a hand down her skirts before peering over at him, then looking away. She was still quite prissy in the moment, but had no idea what to do now. Communicating would prove difficult, and she had no idea how to go about asking if they had seen her necklace...
Or was it forever lost in the snow?

Hungry Hippo

"How about some breakfast?" suggested Garrett now that the lady was clothed. "I'm sure Nator has some delicious hot food ready and waiting for you." He moved towards the stairs, assuming she would follow him. "Once you're fed we can get you a quill and paper, and we'll try and see if we can help you."

visualspice

As embarrassed as she was, breakfast sounded heavenly. She nodded in agreement, and felt impressed at his suggestion to write her thoughts on paper. At least that meant he could read. It could have proved awful without this alternative.

And so she waited for him to lead the way.

Hungry Hippo

Leading her down the stairs, Garrett breathed in deeply as he smelt the telltale scent of breakfast. Nator had not wasted any time in preparing food.

"I bet you must be hungry," he said, looking back at the lady as they walked into the kitchen to find Nator slaving over the stove. "You're in for a treat. Nator here cooks heaven on a plate." He grinned at the innkeep.

visualspice

Winifred felt strange and stiffly followed after the man. As they neared the steps, she could already begin to smell the heavenly aroma of food. And though her voice was 'gone', her stomach rumbled, as if agreeing with what Garrett said.

And at the sight of Nator, her foot falls slowed.

"Mornin' lass," but as he lifted his eyes to get a good look at the lady in her dress, he ended up dropping one of the eggs off the plate while he gaped. To think the little crumpled red head was now this beauty standing before him made him wish he were younger!

Hungry Hippo

Garrett raised his eyebrows in surprise as Nator dropped the egg. It wasn't like the innkeep to waste good food, yet he made no reaction to the spoilt egg as he stood gawping at the lady.

"So, how about that food?" he said, hoping to bring him back to reality. "Our friend here must be starving. I know I am."

visualspice

Blushing, Nator put the plates down.
"Forgive me!" And he made quick work to scoop the egg up with a towel. "Please enjoy . I'll bring more out if you wish. Just give a holler." And though he had forgotten the girl couldn't speak, he was too flustered to even notice as he moved back towards the kitchen.

Hungry Hippo

OOC: Sorry for the lack of response recently, I've been a little busy irl. Will try to reply more frequently from now on.

Sitting down next to the lady, Garrett dug into his food. He wasn't sure what the rules were for eating with a noble, so he just went with the manners his mother had taught him when he was young. This didn't go much further than just keep your mouth closed and don't talk whilst your chewing. But hopefully that would be good enough for her.

"Dig in," he said to her. "After you're done we can get you writing for us. My reading isn't great, but I'm sure we can figure it out."

visualspice

OOC: No worries! I've been busy too! Still adjusting to my new job, so my own posts will be slower than usual!

Winifred took a seat, her eyes darting around the place like some sort of animal taken out of its surroundings. Though homely, the place was still very foreign to her- though, after a moment, she sighed and relaxed a little, deducing this place was far better than what she had run away from and observed the food set before her before lifting her green eyes to the man.

Writing? Oh! What a good idea! And she had so much to say.. so much to write about...
What should she tell them first? ANd as she thought over the possibilities, she hadn't realized her food was probably getting cold.

Hungry Hippo

As he continued wolfing down his food, Garrett looked up to see the lady still hadn't touched her food. She appeared to be deep in though, and had completely forgotten about the plate in front of her.

"Nator will be disappointed if he sees you haven't touched your food," he said to her, catching her eye before glancing down at her plate.

visualspice

It wasn't until she was reminded of the food that her eyes dropped to her plate. And her stomach growled hungrily as she blushed and looked the food over. Though it looked simple, it smelled divine and she moved hastily to take her first bite.

Hungry Hippo

Smiling to himself as she quickly began to eat, Garrett looked down at his own plate and was disappointed to see that he was almost finished. As he munched on the last view mouthfulls he leaned back in his chair and patted his belly contentedly.

"Well," he said after swallowing the last of his food. "I'll go see about that quill and paper. You stay here and enjoy your food. I'll be back in just a moment." With that he stood up and went looking for paper. He hoped the innkeeper had what they needed, otherwise it would make communicating with the girl much more difficult.