Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Identity Crisis. [Spice!]

Started by Draconian, April 22, 2015, 02:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconian

Yuuki made a slow attempt at being seen pretending to bite at her hand that pat at him.

"What, just because I'm from the desert I'm from Essryn? Pfft."

He gave her a pat on the knee and continued to walk, making sure to go the most uncovered route possible. If his feet were gonna be soaked through when he got him, this girl was sure gonna get at least a bit rained on, too.

"Just... Be weary of people with tattoos like me."

Yuuki paused, "Except me. Mine ..." He went quite for a moment, "Mine are a mistake. Which way now, Card Trick?"

visualspice

"Please, I've met men with ten times more tattoos than you. Can't say any of them are more evil than you," she jabbed.

When the directions were asked, she frowned a bit in thought.
"Uh, go left."
Damn, she actually wanted him to go right. But she couldn't have him take her to the Peach...
Especially not in costume, and especially since she hadn't even gotten to the bottom of this case! Though perhaps she was taking it a bit too personally... and shouldn't have gone out on her own...

Maybe it was wise to head back?
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

"It's not about the having tattoos. It's what they mean. Just... watch out, okay?" Yuuki hoped if this girl ever found out what they mean, she'll be far far away from him. He'd hate to see fear in her eyes. Yuuki had always disliked being a thing someone was afraid of. Luckily, these people didn't know his particular tribes way of dealing out punishment. Which meant he just looked like a tattooed weirdo.

Obediently Yuuki took a left. "Let me guess, another left after this?" He smirked, still walking 'cause why not. "You know, another left and we'll have gone around the block!"

visualspice

"Yeah! Another left!"
But when he called her out on what that'd mean, she went quiet.
"Err... r-right... Well, perhaps I was too embarrassed to say I sent you the wrong way?"
Yes! Nice save... or so she hoped!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Yuuki shook his head and sighed, his hair was soaked, his shirt was soaked and he just gave his shoulders a roll and went a completely different way.

"Nah, I get it. You don't want me to know where you live 'cause I look like a scary murderer." That was okay, he could deal with that. As long as she didn't think he was a scary murderer.

"Your legs still weak? Wanna try walking again?" He wiggled her legs in his arms and smiled at her earnestly. "I'll have to take you to my home if you can't. I'm not just gonna leave you out in the rain."

Yuuki didn't really want to bring her home but he couldn't just leave a poor girl alone at night with nothing to protect herself but a pool cue. That would be just cruel.

visualspice

And the last thing Card trick wanted was to go home with a stranger!
"Well, try putting me down and we can see!" she went on in a huff, obviously flustered by the suggestion.

Draconian

"Alright!"

Yuuki bent down slightly and put her legs down nicely, though still ready to support the poor girl if she was all lamb-weak.

visualspice

She was glad to be on her feet, and doubly glad she didn't immediately fall over! It gave her enough confidence she was grinning from ear to ear.
"See? Right as rain!"
Probably not the best example, but! Hey... at least she felt well again. Thank you to the antidote! She'd have to make a note she'd need to get more later. Though Starlight might be angry when she finds out (and she normally was when she'd go on her own!) but hey.. she was so close this time to nabbing that man!

Draconian

A pleased smile was on his face and he'd forgotten himself for a moment and tapped his hands together. He could stop carrying her! Hurray!

"So, are you good to walk home? I realize you don't want me to know your true Identity, Card Trick," he stared into her eyes for a long moment simply because he could, "I mean. I know I'm a bit on the slow side but... Carddrick I could understand. Card Trick. Nah, that's not your name." He moved his hands up to stop his tangent, "I won't ask your real name though, promise."

visualspice

Candy shot him a glare.
"Oh, you're so perceptive. But Card Trick is what I'm offering, so that's where my name stands."
Sighing,s he stretched out her limbs, thankful to have the feeling back into them and not falling prey to becoming a useless heap.

"So uh.. I suppose a thank you is in order for helping me."
So she offered out her hand for him to shake!

Draconian

"I don't actually care about your name." He gave the top of her head a pat and then shook her hand, grinning widely at her.

"Now, remember, don't go attacking just anyone." He stuck his tongue out at her, "May be the wrong guy." He started to walk away, not bothering to miss the puddles on the way. Yuuki didn't notice the man standing in the alley, waiting for him to leave, giving the girl a long look before he moved in, ready to finish the job.

That girl wouldn't be too tough, tiny thing that she was.

visualspice

She rebutted with a, "If you didn't care, you wouldn't have asked."
And asked, twice, was it? She only beamed. But at his retreating form she simply rolled her eyes.

"Just watch your own back, sugar, and I'll watch mine." And she wasted no more time in briskly walking back the way they had came.

The pair had been noisy if ever a pair had been, and despite the rain, the man from earlier had more than enough time to come back around and tail the two. Seeing them part ways, he kept his eyes on both, but focused on Card Trick.

And now that she was well on her way to being alone...
He kept on tailing and moved through the shadows like a snake on water.

Candy was none the wiser, her momentum all but deflated from the little fiasco of a mistaken identity, and also a near death experience. She wondered if she ought to head home. The Peach was definitely a lot safer (if not dryer) than being out here in the alleyways at night.

Pausing a moment, only then did she realize the rain was making her cold as she shivered and sneezed. Great, just great. Not only was she going to get some odd mark on her shoulder from the dart that she'd have to cover up, but now she was getting a cold!  Way to go, Card Trick!

Draconian

He was the predator and she was the sweet prey.

He knew she'd been looking for him, how could he not? The girl was hilariously obvious and while he didn't know who she was the little gettup was easily spotted from a mile away. He licked his lips, tasting the rain before he silent followed her. A sharp smile when she sneezed.

Having never been one for giving the enemy the advantage, his leg kicked out, aiming for her back. The poison hadn't killed her - unfortunate - but he figured she'd at least be as weak as a faun. In fact, he was counting on it. "Though you'd gotten away, huh? Thought I wouldn't come back to finish the job?"

visualspice

She hadn't heard the approach, the rain could be thanked for that, as was her poor footing when she yelped as she was kicked over and tumbled onto the slick cobbestone. She hit her face, scraping her cheek and a lot more than that. And when she turned around, she bared her teeth at him.

"No, but I came back to finish my job." And she let a small die fall from her pocket, that tinkled across the cobblestone between them and stopped when the dice read three. And upon seeing what she rolled, a hollow smirk crept across her lips before an explosion blew them both away.

She knew it was a risk, her dice were loaded- literally, and with magic! And the fact she rolled the explosive number....
Well, let's just say she hoped he got as burned as she did. Hopefully worse, and she wasted no time in scrambling to her feet and putting out any fire in her hair and clothing.

Great, now she'd have burns on her. More wounds to cover up at night.

Draconian

The blast knocked him away and he crashed against a wall, falling to his back. His face was burned, his clothing was charred. Still though, he was pissed now.

"You rotten bitch!"

He ripped off his coat, revealing tanned arms. Jagged tattoos ran up and down the arms only to disappear underneath his shirt and his gloves. Pulling a dagger out of his belt he ran for her, more angry than anything else at this point. This little witch was going to die tonight and if he had a chance, he'd wear her like a coat.  He jumped for her, one arm ready to grab her and the other arm ready to stab her in the back.

Except another body entered the picture and before the man could get to her Yuuki jumped in. Literally jumped in. He recognized those tattoos. All he saw was red. The man recognized the tattoos on Yuuki's face too and for a few moments they stared at one another.

A fist connected with the mans face and years of anger and rage poured out of the once seemingly gentle Yuuki. The strangers face was turned into meat, Yuuki's fists were bleeding and before long he was panting, blood splattered on his face, which had gone pale. "You bastard!" Another punch, the meaty noise, the water around the mans head was red with blood.

Yuuki didn't notice the mans dagger had plunged into side and that also was bleeding. Another feeble punch and he breathed heavily, his hands shaking.

visualspice

Perhaps she wouldn't have to cover anything up. Perhaps this was it, and a silent tear slid down her cheek as she smiled through the man's hold on her, too weak to retaliate. She wished she could have made her peace before this, but perhaps she did. The man had killed... and she tried her best... Her best to do the right thing. To put an end to this before he killed again.

Funny how it seemed it was going to end with another death. Her own.

Except what happened next had her frozen from where she had fallen to the ground.
And there was blood, so much blood. And the men.. they looked so alike yet...
As she realized just who the other man was, fighting the cruel bastard that tried to gut her....
She only found the strength to murmur his name.

"Yuuki?"

Draconian

An enraged scream left his throat and his bloodied hands were around the mans throat. Feebly his hands were scratched at but he just pressed harder. Angry. So angry. Yuuki snarled through his teeth and gave the man one more murderous look.

And then they were gone. Disappeared from the girls sight.  There was at least five seconds of them both having disappeared.

Then he was back. Standing before the girl. The knuckles of his fists were bloody, his shirt was torn and covered in blood. The dagger wound at his side had blood seeping down, staining his pants. He was panting and he quickly turned around, pressing his hands to the wall behind him. Leaning over he panted before vomiting and letting out a shuddering sob.

"I'm sorry."

Yuuki turned away, looked at Card Trick and simply shook his head before he started to stumble away. That was violent. He'd just beaten a man to death. Near death. The fall from the cliff killed him. He'd be a good meal for the wolves.  "Oh gods. I'm so sorry." And then he started to walk away, to stumble home. Maybe he could stitch up his side. Maybe he could just fall asleep here and not remember anything.

visualspice

To say she was still in shock was an understatement. It was hard to believe any of that happened, and the repetitive apologies seemed to fall on def ears as she simply gaped. But what sobered her was when Yuuki began to turn to leave, and at first, she wasn't sure what to say or if she wanted to follow.

But as he disappeared from view, the events replayed inside her head, making her realize...
Had he just... just rescued her?

Draconian

His hands were pressed to his face and then he stopped dead on the streets.

He didn't make sure she was okay.

The only reason why he'd been so blinded by rage and memories was to protect something. Yuuki rushed back, a wild look in his eyes, his hands out, his eyes red with unshed tears, easily hidden by the rain. "Card Trick." His voice was thick sounding but he moved closer, not sure she'd want to get close to him.

"I didn't even..." He swallowed thickly and wiped at his mouth with the back of his hand, smearing the blood from his knuckles across his chin. Yuuki kneeled down in front of her and reached out to tuck her hair behind her ears before he pulled his hands back, afraid that if he touched her she'd scream. "I didn't even make sure you were okay. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. He's gone." Yuuki swallowed again and pushed his hands through his hair, not really processing what he'd just done. Not yet.

"He.. He's far away from Ketra." The girl hadn't noticed him disappear? No questions? He rubbed at his chest, "Know a good place to get drunk? I want to get drunk."

visualspice

Still in shock, the entire ordeal didn't fully register, but when Yuuki returned, and she saw the blood and let his words sink in, she was quick to grit her teeth. The man had just saved her, and in whatever means this had been was obviously as shocking to him as it was to her. She couldn't even speak! Lamely, she nodded but her eyes remained glued open to the size of saucers.

And the only thing she could piece together was that when the man disappeared.... Yuuki must've killed him.