Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Phone Calls

Started by visualspice, May 13, 2015, 01:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Phone's mouth dropped. But hten she was shaking his arm.
"But you know magic. Why can't you just use it to get us out of here?" she pleaded, sounding more desperate the longer they stayed there.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

JackieCat

"I can try," Kinn said. "But I'll need to do a check to see if Syrion has any magical enchantments around this place to sense when magic is being performed.  This spell wouldn't be sensed."

Kinn whispered a word, and a small red spark flew from his mouth, trailing red, it floated at about head height for a second, before bursting into golden sparks, and Kinn frowned. "Okay, so there's a spell over this place sensing magic, but not prohibiting it, so if I cast another spell, they'll know exactly where we are.  We'll have to try to transport out of here."
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

visualspice

Phone nodded fervently, taking his hand and squeezing it.
"Please." she whispered. "Any place but here." And she looked around, hoping no one was listening, watching.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

JackieCat

"Okay, here goes." Kinn amde sure he was holding her hand tight enough, then he drew a small sliver of glass from his pouch.  "I need to do this right," he said. "I transported here, but I was partially latching onto Syrion's magic, so I didn't need this, but now. . ."

He crouched down and ground the glass on the floor until it was just little crumbles, then he took a breath, muttered a string of words, and they were gone.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

visualspice

Holding her hand tightly gained him a tight grip in return, but as he went about muttering his incantation, she chewed on her lower lip and moved closer to him. And the second she felt the tingling magics begin to whisk them away, she gasped and clung to his entire form tightly- and pressed her face against his shoulder, too afraid to see what, where or how they were traveling-
But just like that, it seemed to be over. Too bad a shaking Phonecia had a death grip on the poor mage as she trembled and whispered an inquiring, "Are.. we....did... did it work?"

JackieCat

Kinn really couldn't tell her at the moment, considering he was throwing up. 

He was bent double, luckily facing away from Phone.  "What the-?"   He threw up again.  He pulled a handkerchief from his belt and wiped his mouth.

"What the-?" he swore, then straightened up to see where they were, before promptly doubling over again, though not vomiting, he felt as if he couldn't stand, and squeezed his eyes shut to close out any visual stimulation for fear of throwing up again.

"Where are we?" he asked. "We must have gone somewhere. . ."

He opened his eyes just a second before closing them again, they were in a forest, apparently away from Syrion's headquarters.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

Phone watched him in horror as he wretched, a hand over her own mouth and belly as if to keep back her own bile. She turned away as he was finishing, but at his question, she looked back to him again. Quickly, she moved to his side, an arm around one of his.

"Are you okay? Geeze.. I didn't think you had eaten that much to expel.. so.. so much of it!"

JackieCat

"Gosh, sorry," Kinn apologized, still keeping his eyes closed.  "Since I cast the spell, the spell over Syrions hideout will give me a sickness similar to motion sickness, it's a side affect some spells have.  When another, powerful spell is cast in the vicinity, it has some. . .  effect, on the caster."

He was taking deep breaths of the cool air now, and his head was starting to feel a little better. "Do you know where we are?  I tried to aim for the hedge maze, but the sickness got to me before I even finish the spell, and I was. . . distracted."

His head spun.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

Phone's heart was hammering.
"Why are you apologizing? You're the one who's hurt!" she exclaimed. She kept by his side, making sure he was okay before she'd leave him to stand on his own. But at his question, she shook her head.

"I have no idea where we are." She sighed and looked around them. "In the wilderness... somewhere or other." She sighed and gave a gentle pat to his shoulder.
"Can I help somehow?" she asked, uncertain if she really could, but she did owe him for saving her life and getting them the hell out of that place.

JackieCat

"Thanks," he said. "But it'll just take time for it to wear off."

A few minutes later when Kinn was finally able to straighten up and opened his eyes, he smiled weakly at Phone. "Thanks," he said again, and looked around at the darkened forest.  The dim light helped his head from hurting, but he could see the faint prickle of light that showed the sun was rising. "Well, I know which way's North and South, but that's about all, and I could have used a charm for that. . .  Any ideas?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

Phonecia had been holding her breath, waiting for his answer. But once he sent that notion back to her, she wilted some and sighed.
"I have no idea," she went on glumly, eyes to the forest floor. "I don't know much about, whoever this is after us, nor do I have any magic of my own to even begin to create my own means to escape that way. So.. that being said, we either use magic, or- knowing by the state of things, " (things meaning his current condition!), "I'd say we only have one option..."
She sighed again.
"To just move forward on foot."

JackieCat

Kinn nodded. "Hopefully this won't last long, I've still got a splitting headache."

He looked around them.  "Well, we may as well head North, why not?"  He waited for Phone and then started walking.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

As Kinn began to walk forward, she found herself suddenly with her arms around him. In spite of herself, she was shaking lightly as she held him. But then a blush heated her cheek as she realized her rashness as she took a step back and dropped her gaze.

"I just.... I wanted to thank you... for risking yourself to save me..."
She gave an awkward lopsided small as she peered over at him, teeth sinking into her lower lip as she added, "Again."

JackieCat

Kinn froze, his eyes wide, as Phone hugged him, but before he could do anything else, she had stepped away again, and was thanking him!

"Oh, don't thank me!" Kinn said, laughing nervously.  "If it weren't for you I would have broken down ages ago!"

He smiled back at her. "But. . . thanks."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

Phone gave an awkward nod and smile.
"We've only got each other right now. So let's get going. Let's head North."

JackieCat

Kinn chuckled, somewhat nervously.

"You're right," he said as they started to walk again. "But I hope that wherever we're going isn't to far!  I really don't know too much about surviving in the wild, do you?"

he didn't expect her to, but, then again, people were always surprising him, as Phone had many times already.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

She shook her head, still keeping her smile. At least if she looked positive, maybe she'd start feeling better about all of this.
"Can't say that I do! My parents weren't much into that sort of thing... Er.." she tucked some wild sprigs of her hair behind her ear before glancing his way. "I mean I was pretty well off... so can't say there was much of a need for it, you know?" She shrugged anyway and smiled again, looking forward.

"At least we're free..." she went on, hoping, still, that keeping positive would boost morale. "And anything looking forward will be a lot better than what we had just encountered."

JackieCat

Kinn nodded, attempting, as well, to stay positive, but her last words made him nervous.

Nothing good ever came from saying things like 'the worst is behind us'.  It was just asking for trouble.

But all the same, Kinn nodded again and smiled. "Only better things can be ahead!"

He only hoped that bandits wouldn't attack.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

Phone was neither right nor wrong in her assessment. In fact, hours into the road, there wasn't anything much of interest to be had. She'd be board with this sort of a stroll were in not for the heavy feeling of anxiety and the fact she knew they could be pursued at any corner at any hour of any day.

Sighing, she paused to sit beside a large tree.
"We should take a break. Look for some water. I'm really thirsty."
Not to mention she was also really tired.

JackieCat

Kinn short of collapsed onto the ground next to her, but nodded when she spoke and got to his feet again.

"There's bound to be some sort of stream or something near here," he said, but in reality, he knew nothing about forests, or streams, for that matter.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor