Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Phone Calls

Started by visualspice, May 13, 2015, 01:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

She was about as useless as he was.
"Would it be too dangerous to try to use your magic again?" She could not help but believe itd make things immensly easier.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

JackieCat

"I could try," he said. "We need water, and it's unlikely that it will endanger us."  He picked up a stick on the ground and scraped some of the bark off with a stone, then he held the stick palm up on his hand and whispered a few words.

The stick spun around in his hand, fast at first, then slowing, until it was pointed directly to the left of them. Kinn looked at Phone. "Shall we?"  As he started forward, the stick continued to point in the same direction, even if Kinn were to turn a bit.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

visualspice

Phone kept close to his side, eyes wide at his magics.
"What.. what sort of trick is this?"s he asked.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

JackieCat

"It's pretty simple," Kinn said, keeping his eye on the stick as they walked. "It senses a water source and points towards it.  It'll usually bring you to an accessible water source, but if the caster makes a mistake, it could lead to an unreachable underground spring or something."  He paused for a second before saying.

"I hope I did it right."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

visualspice

Blinking, she looked at the stick, then back to Kinn.
"Well, at least there's no dangerous consequences to this one," she went on with a sigh and smiled over at him. "Hopefully it'll lead us to someplace pretty." That'd help keep her mind off of... well, the fact they were both stranded in the middle of only the Gods' new where on the run from some crazy man that wanted to do like, creepy experiments on her, or something. She cringed at the thought. Yeah... a pretty lake or something would be great!

JackieCat

Strangely, and it's strange, considering the pair's luck, they did come across a rather beautiful place.

After a few more minutes of walking, the sound of rushing water could be heard, and soon they emerged into a clearing.  A cliff stood to one side, and a waterfall cascaded down it, the water crashing down into a large pool, from which a stream then flowed away through the trees across the pool from the two.  Moss covered the rocks around, and there were some grassy spots near the edge of the water.

Upon reaching the water, there was a soft popping sound and the stick in Kinn's hand fell to the ground, it's job done.

"It worked!" Kinn said, though he supposed he shouldn't be surprised.  He wasn't terribly thirsty, but it was a relieve to have some water in sight.  He walked up to the edge of the pool and cupped his hands, dipping them into the water and bringing the liquid to his face, but befroe he drank it he sniffed.  It smelled normal, so he drank it.  He was no ranger, but he knew how easily water could be contaminated, or cursed, so it was best to at lease check something.  He didn't think he knew any spells that would be able to tell him if the water was safe, however.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

The waterscape was a sight for sore eyes, and a sound of wonder escaped her lips. Her eyes were as large as the tower of Kia, and soon she was moving through all the lush scenery, aiming to take in all the unique smells and sweet sight of flowers.

As she neared a patch of thick reeds, a group of colorful birds burst out of it, causing her to gasp and stumble back some, but looking up towards the sky as they flew, her smile returned and she felt so strange.. so happy.

"This place.. it's so beautiful," she murmured, and as she brushed some of her unruly hair from her face, something caught her attention at the bend between a mountain side path and cliff.
She took a few curious steps forward before her eyes went wide.

She gasped and called over to him.
"Kinn! Kinn! Look! There's some sort of building over here!"

Which was true! For settled within the lush vegetation of the cliff side was some sort of stone temple, long since becoming engulfed in ivy, moss and other vegetation.

She gave an excited laugh.
"It looks like some sort of old castle! I wonder what sort of ruins this is! I bet I could guess the exact year it was constructed if I could get a closer look at how it was built and the style of it's roof!" And before she waited for Kinn's approval (or even real reaction fo the thing), she was happily making her way towards it.

JackieCat

Kinn followed her to where she had called from, and when he saw the old castle he stopped, studying the ancient building.  Something seemed strange about it, and it took him a moment to realize that Phone was moving towards it.

"Phone, wait!" he called out, running after her.  "Don't get to close, who knows what it is, or what could be inside of it!"

He didn't know what was wrong with the place, it just seemed, off.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

"What? What do you mean?" she asked, turning to him and making a face. She shook her head. "Come on, aren't you curious? THere may have been no human contact with it for years... maybe even centuries!" The very prospect nearly had her drooling as she grabbed his hand and began to tug him along.

JackieCat

OOC: I'm sorry, it's been a while!

Kinn hesitated for a moment before his curiosity got the better of him and he let her pull him towards the temple.

It was indeed beautiful, covered in carvings, though much of it was obscured by moss.  The entrance was a dark hole in the side the the cliff, the remains of what must have once been a door crumbled near it.

Kinn glanced inside before stepping in.  He may have been a mage, but he was most definitely not used to working in the field, so it probably wasn't the best idea for them to go into this place, especially without casting some sort of spell to detect other magic first.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

Phone was silent for much different reasons than he. She was gaping at the beautiful condition of the ruins, so overgrown with moss and ferns and vines that for her, it was like stepping into one of the many pages of her books she so fervently read at late hours of the night.

"Wow.." she stepped away from a low hanging cobweb, having become thick with dust of age. But another one snagged her shoulder, that she simply dusted off as she looked around.

"How old do you think this place is?" she asked, her voice barely over a whisper, colorful eyes dancing with wonder.

JackieCat

(OOC:  I know it's been a loooooong time, but I thought I may as well post.  If you want to continue, I will as well!  if you don't, then that's fine too!)

IC:  "I have no idea," Kinn said, keeping his voice hushed, as if that would keep any monsters away or traps from springing.  "Probably thousands of years old. . ."

He glanced around once more.  The ruins seemed untouched by magic, but one could never be sure about these things.  Powerful magic could be detected often, but once a mage or other magic-user got powerful enough, they could make even the most powerful spells undetectable.  It was especially hard to sense old magic with which Kinn was unfamiliar with.

"We should probably go," he said slowly. "Who knows what might be in here. . ."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

visualspice

It seemed at first, Phone didn't hear his voice. His protest...
but once it sunk in, she stiffened and turned to him.

"Go?" Her eyes were large with surprise and worry. "Go.. but.. but why? This place..." she moved desperately closer to him as she grabbed onto his arm. "It's the find of a life time! Don't you see?"

There was so much mystery, so much majesty in the atmosphere all around them. Cushy patches of moss and ivy hiding away such history.. such treasure.

"We can't just leave now!"