Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Character Catalog URL

Started by JackieCat, May 30, 2015, 01:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

Okay, I don't know if I'm going to make myself clear.  But instead of having the URL code for my character catalog,

Example : http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=18573.0

I would like to just have the words 'My Characters' and those words are a link that go straight to my character page.

How do I do this?  It looks much nicer and neater, but I can't find out how to do it!   :P
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Lion

Easy!

[ url = address ] link name [ /url ]

Without the spaces.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Winters-Feather

the code is [.url=urlhere]nameoflink [/url] without the "." in the first bracket.

JackieCat

Thank you!  This helped me a lot!
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

JackieCat

I got the link down, but when I click on it it doesn't go to the page, it says 'Error, page not found' or something like that.  Any ideas?   :P
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Draconian

I have clicked on all your links and they go to the correct places.

Are you talking about the link in your signature?

JackieCat

Yeah, they go to the right places now, I changed them so they would work, but now just the URL is shown, not a nice, neat, 'JackieCat's Characters' that should be the link.  :P
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Rhindeer

[url=http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=18573.0]JackieCat's Characters![/url]

Just copy and paste that code into your signature and you'll be set! 8D
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

JackieCat

YAYYYYYY!!!! ;D

Thank you, Rhi! 
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Rhindeer

Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa