Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Harvest Moon (M)

Started by Lion, June 07, 2015, 02:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

"We are here to look for information that might help us with our companion here.  And yes, food would be a nice addition.  I haven't eaten a decent meal since you found me at that camp.  Speaking of which...what were you doing on your way there anyway?  Your bow looking for an easy meal?  The teeth are quite telling.  Er, tooth.  It's hard to tell. It's a bow."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Draconian

Taich tilted her head and lifted an eyebrow.

"That's an interesting conclusion," She commented softly, moving her hand over the sting across her chest. It wasn't the wrong one, but she wasn't about to open her mouth and tell her companion that. Eventually he'd find her feeding Tristan fresh meat to sustain them both. Still, besides that, Taich said nothing, turning her head slightly and frowning.

"We're looking for something. A beast," She turned her head, indicating the bow, "He has better eyesight than me, so I followed where he lead and that lead me to you," Taich shrugged, "It makes sense to travel together." Then she went quiet after a moment, "Unless he makes you uncomfortable, I can leave then. It wouldn't be the first time."

Lion

"No!" Theon was quick to say. "Stay. You are welcome with me. I would have been lost had you not found me, wandering just like you, probably. So it's okay.  Come, we'll have some feast."

The stranger they had found went on up ahead with the others, Theon staying behind to inspect that rather peculiar bow.

"What does he eat? Just animals? Or will anything you find do?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Draconian

The instant 'no' caught Taich off guard and she blinked in surprise. Frowning slightly. So, he was curious then. Taich figured that, maybe, just a little, he deserved at least some answers to his questions. Far too fascinated about Tristan.

The bow's mouth closed and when it opened it was an eye. It swiveled to look at Theon before it closed again, and this time it blew a raspberry at the man before it simply 'melted' into looking like a fancy obsidian bow. Taich tried not to smile at the sound, having experienced that reaction a time or two herself.

"He eats meat," She said simply, "Raw." Taich frowned, "I made a blood pact with him out of desperation and we're connected now. If I feed him I don't need to eat, and he lasts longer on a single meal meal than I do." It was easier to just explain it, but her voice was soft and she slowly moved the bow off of her shoulder and handed it to Theon, so he could examine it. "Careful. He bites."

Lion

Curiosity probably better spent elsewhere. But he couldn't help himself. It was such an unusual piece of weaponry, he simply had to learn more about it. His own blade seemed sentient at times. Although Lohengrin never spoke, the sword itself shared a connection with Theon as if it were just an extension of himself.

Theon flinched when she offered him the bow.  He hesitated but grabbed the end of it warily. It was heavier than expected and he made a noise of surprise, wonder, and perhaps even of fear.

He felt strange when holding it, perhaps a bit nauseated, and handed it back after he inspected it. "It feels....heavy, and dark," he muttered. "Like no matter where you are, the sky is always overcast, and the rain is continuously pouring down on you.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

Taich was surprised when he actually took it. Most people she offered Tristan to turned him down. Hesitant to touch the bow, let alone hold it. Perhaps he was so used to it, she accepted the bow back easily, pulling him over her shoulder again, the eye facing away from her back. Still, she smiled at his description.

"Heavy and dark," She looked at the tip of the bow, arching over her shoulder and smiled, "Yeah, that seems right. I guess I'm use to it, though... I wouldn't say overcast and rainy," she paused as they walked to the main part of the chilly frozen village, "Food tastes like ash and sleep is sort of just..." Taich shrugged, not being able to remember the last time she'd managed to sleep for any extended period of time without nightmares, "Sleep is a luxury not offered to me anymore." Another small rosy cheeked smile from the cold, she nodded to the group.

"Go get a meal, Theon, I'll sit beside you and pretend," She smiled and pushed a chunk of hair over her shoulder.

Lion

Sleep was a luxury Theon hadn't been able to afford in some time. Coming this far north had made him restless. Passing through mountains and fields, avoiding rivers at all costs or any body of water, made Theon think himself mad. Perhaps he was, just a singular soul trying to find his niche, a singular purpose for a wistful life.

A life he somehow felt he had lost.

Theon reinforced his focus on the here and now, and pressed further into the village. Once within, the two men led the trio into a fishing hut. Other scaled and roasted fish outside and greeted them with friendly waves. The stranger they had met was clothed now in furs and a hat, but laid down on a section of furs that were laid out beside a roaring hearth.

The two others that stopped them welcomed Theon and Taich to sit, and to help themselves to food and drink.  Theon supposed only he would be interested in that.

"Ixtal," he said, gesturing to himself. "And my brother Thayal. You?"

"Theon.  And my friend is Taich."

"Welcome to our village," Ixtal muttered. "Was it much trouble to get here?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

Trouble to get here?

Taich looked behind them, recalling the snow and shook her head lightly. Nah, piece of cake. The food and drink were tempting but she knew it would neither nourish or satiate her and thus, would be a waste.  Her hands balled into fists briefly and she let out a breath she hadn't realized she'd been holding.  Taich smiled at the pair and rolled her shoulders, quickly growing warm now that she was out of the wind.

While she never froze, there was always a startling difference between being in a blizzard and not being in a blizzard.  "We managed," Taich said simply, staying as close to Theon as she could. At least he seemed to know what he was doing. With needing almost nothing but her bow to live, Taich had never had to mingle with villages unless she needed to trade something or look Not Suspicious.

"It's... A nice village." She said lamely, looking away with a slight flush, clearing her throat. No doubt she'd be stuck to Theon like glue.

Lion

"Thank you. We don't get many outsiders here," Ixtal said.  "So we do not trust others easily.  That being said, we are willing to help out where we can. If there's anything you need, just let us know."

"Now that you mention it, some information may be nice," Theon said and accepted a cup of tea that was served before him. At the very least it would flush away the chill that was crawling up his spine.  "Thanks."

"What do you wish to know?" Thayal asked.

"Have you seen something pass by here?  Something not quite human?" Theon pressed, seeing it better to get to the point. "It killed an entire caravan of people that I was apart of. I only saw a glimpse of it before it disappeared in the blizzard. They were all...devoured or half-eaten.  I followed the path - we followed the path - and found that stranger behind you.  He was in a state.  And his friend...was also eaten."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

That sounded just down right suspicious.

Taich gently brushed the tip of her bow. Felt the shudder that ran through it in acknowledgement. Tristan was silent. Not wanting to get them kicked out when there was potential interesting information to be had here. He had his own meal to wait for. Bigger badder monsters for him to eat. Bigger badder people for him to find.

A glance to Theon while he spoke and she rubbed her cold hands together before pushing her hair back and tying the auburn locks into a strange knot to keep her hair from her face. The fact she could use her hair as arrows was useless at the moment.

No doubt she was getting odd looks for having a bow and no arrows.

"Don't rightly recall anything like that," The man said, looking thoughtful. He'd recall a bear or some beast coming through here - at least if he could see it. "Why don't you folk stay until the weathers cleared some?" His voice was kindly and he gave them a small welcoming smile, "Storm won't last forever and if you travel through it you'll get turned around more times than it'll be worth the walk." Taich hesitated, staring at Theon for a moment before she went back to pretending to warm up her hands.

Lion

The invitation was expected. And considering the state of their companion, Theon was quite certain continuing was not really an option. Even in the short time he'd been up here in Hyoite it was quite clear that travel overlong - and in bad weather - was ill-advised. Things tended to follow him no matter where he went.

In this case, however, it was the only available option at this time.

"We'd be happy to accept your hospitality. Thank you," Theon replied steadily, meeting Taich's hesitating gaze. It wouldn't do to refuse. They had no real place to go, and although she didn't seem interested in staying, Theon was weary and with no real direction he'd much rather not end up like one of those corpses in the field of that caravan.

He closed his eyes and Ixtal and Thayal stepped outside.

"You're nervous?" he asked softly and shifted to sit closer to Taich. "You don't look cold. You look...skittish."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Draconian

Taich sighed, chewing on her lower lip for a moment before her head ducked down and she glanced away. Tristan was 'asleep' or at least not paying attention. Theon's question had her eyes snap up and she blinked at him before she sighed and rolled her shoulders.

"This place makes me uncomfortable is all," her voice was soft and she sighed, "it's okay," Taich smiled, a sort of tired drawn out smile that she had to force onto her face. "I don't sleep anyway. Get all the rest you need. I'll keep watch."

Tags: