Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

size of our capitals?

Started by Zane, June 22, 2015, 08:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zane

Basically, I am curious as to the size of each of the major cities in each country/Provence.

Could an knowledgeable citizen wander lost for days in Arca, still not so much as seeing half of it? Could you meander your way through La'marri in an hour or two? If going straight from the center of Zantaric, are you sooner to find yourself outside or dead?

I would love to have some frame of reference on the size of each of the cities that warrant their own subforum if that isn't too much to ask.

Thanks!
-Zane

Rhindeer

I just looked up some medieval demographics to get a sense of scale, and I think it'll be safe to make an estimate like...

Big cities/capitals (Ketra, Arca, Reajh) have a population of like 100,000+ people. I think those cities are the sort where you could wander for days and get lost. xD
Smaller cities (Cerenis, Selevea) probably around 8,000 - 12,000+. I think La'marri and Zantaric would fall more in that range.

These are just some ideas off the top of my head! I'd have to give it more thought, but those are some starting numbers to work with. 8D So capitols = BIIIG. XD Like the New Yorks of their time!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Zane

Thanks for the super speedy reply! Helps me out a bunch.

Rhindeer

Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa