Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Yes, of Course I'm Staying to Watch! (SilmeriaElemred!)

Started by JackieCat, June 28, 2015, 10:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

"Ah, no thank you," Faelis said to the shopkeeper, then he took the provisions he bought, put them in his bag and then walked over to Leyla.

"Quite pathetic," Faelis said to Leyla's words. "And who's Denzel?" he asked curiously, then he started for the door. "Let's go, I don't need anything else from here."
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''Denzel is a childhood friend. We attended the same school until he got homeschooled. He held nice parties on occasion where he hired me so I could make some extra money.'' she said.

''But if anybody bothered me he was certain they never would again.

She went towards the door and opened it, holding it open for Faelis as well.

JackieCat

Faelis nodded and then thanked Leyla as she held open the door for him.  He stepped out onto the street.  He waited for Leyla and then he started to walk down the road. 

"We should be out of the city by this evening," the elf said, looking up at the sun. "On the way to the port we'll mostly be traveling through sparse forests, and a few grasslands.  Tonight we'll camp in the forest before nightfall, then I can show you some of how to use your weapons, and," he looked over at Leyla and smiled, "you can show me some of how to dance.  I've danced some before, mostly partner dancing, and some more just for fun."

In fact the times he had partner danced were mostly when he was at a party of some noble he was going to steal from.  He would sneak inside the party, start talking to a lady, most of the time getting her to completely fall for him, get her to offhandedly tell him about the nobles jewels or money, then go and steal it.  Though he didn't tell any of this to Leyla, for obvious reasons.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''Partner dancing is fun. Although there were not a lot of people I ever did that with. Dancing I can teach you could be of good use when you are in combat. It is amusing to dance someone into submission. Denzel tought me although I do not use it combined with a rapier.''

Which was for obvious reasons.

She looked forward to using the weapons. If they indeed were followed perhaps she even got to target practise. She hated being stalked and if it was the same who kept an eye on her parents, the person would pay.

JackieCat

Faelis nodded.  "I'm sure your incredible skills in dancing will help you if you ever need to defend yourself," he said as they continued down the street.

Just as Leyla was looking forward to learning to use her weapons, Faelis was looking forward to teaching her.  He was quite a shot with a bow, even though it wasn't his prefered weapon, and he knew how to use a whip as well.  He had learnt how to when he had been in a life-and-death situation.  Man, that was a drinking game to remember. 

Faelis smiled at the thought of it, then looked to Leyla. "How long have you been dancing?" he asked. "I started my career when I was fifteen, when did you start yours?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''I started taking dancing lessons when I was four but before that I basicly danced everywhere I could. Outside, at the store when I was brought along. My bones and joints are more flexible due to a bone  illness and a lot of schoolmates wanted to see what I could do. Which was basicly creepy stuff like this.'' she said with a chuckle and took a hold of one hand with the other bending it completely backwards till it reached her arm. ''Hence I can put myself into a box. Not that long though, since it does block my ability to breathe..'' she let go of her hand so it would return to its more natural position.

''I made money with dancing since I was about 12. Simple dances though on the street. Nothing really special''

JackieCat

Faelis nodded. "When I ran away, I didn't know what I was doing, really, I just wanted to get away from my parents and brother.  I probably should have been a little more cautious, but I think I coped pretty well.  Though there were a few incredibly stupid things I did. With the little money I had brought with me," he had stolen it, but no need for Leyla to know, "I stayed a night at an inn.  I was sitting in the common room, at a table, and a big guy with a pretty large knife on his belt pushed past me, pretty roughly.  I insulted his knife."  Faelis chuckled. "Yep. I insulted the huge, killer dagger on his belt.  If I had done that now, I would have been able to take him, but I was fifteen.  A fifteen-year old elf prince and, though I still could fight fairly well, I was no match for this guy.  He attacked, and my speed was the only thing that saved me.  I managed to get out of there with only a bloody lip, but I hadn't even thrown a punch myself."

Faelis smiled again at the memory. "I'd like to think I've wizened up now."

What that really meant was that when he insulted a guy, he knew he could fight him, as his fighting skills were much better than when he was fifteen, but that didn't mean his tongue was any less sharp.

(OOC:  Maybe a time jump to the evening? When they set up camp?  Unless Leyla has something to say.)
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

((Sure we can forward to evening))

The city lay behind them somewhere, and after having found a proper place to calm, Leya placed her bags down. Still hesitant and maybe a bit fearfull to look back. They not had been followed since they had left the city and that was a good thing.

On their way out though several men whom had regulary seen her perform were not happy about her going. Some were happy for her though while others could not believe she was setting out with someone she barely knew and they would make a more proper traveling companion.

Leyla told them they were going to head towards Adela. She did not felt like telling them the truth and said that perhaps when she had made it 'big' they could see her perform again.
''I do not think I have lied so much in a day as now..'' she said with a chuckle and gathered firewood from their surroundings. ''Should have done that a lot sooner..''

JackieCat

Faelis smiled, thinking of the irony.  How many times had he lied today?  Not as many as it seemed.  Sure, he was keeping a lot, and I mean a lot, from Leyla and her family, but rather than lying, he had just not told the whole truth, but when he thought about it, that was nearly as bad.  For instance, he had said he did a lot of different jobs, and he did, thief, spy, sometimes-mercenary.

Faelis set his bag against a tree and waked over to a less grassy part of the clearing in the very sparse forest they were in.  The elf took some of the wood Leyla had gathered and started to stack it to make a fire.  He didn't light it yet, it was still fairly light outside.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''..Did you look back when you left your home?'' Leyla asked. Slowly the fear vanished of when she would look back at Arca, she would maybe change her mind.

Her feet were not yet sore and truth be told, she could most likely still walk a few hours more. But crossing the forest while it was night was not the brightest of ideas; you would not know when there would be another proper place to camp and anything could be encountered in the night. She for now had to rely on Faelis and learn from everything he did and said concerning traveling.

JackieCat

"I actually wish I could say I did," Faelis said truthfully. "But I was so eager to get away, I needed to.  But if I had looked back, that would've meant that I wanted to stay, at least a little, and that would have meant I loved my family more than I did.  I didn't look back, and though I wish my childhood would have been better, I am very content with the life I live now, very content."

He looked through the trees at the sin, they would have a good fourty-five minutes before it was dark.

"You want to practice with that bow?  Or the whip?" the elf asked. "We have a while before it's too dark to see, or aim."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''Let's try the bow first.'' Leyla said. She had fae blood. She would not be as good as an elf but shooting things down would be usefull right?

She picked her weapon up after puting the quiver on her back in a way she could easily draw her arrows.

She placed one arrow on the bow and gently pulled the string to get the feel of it again. making sure the arrow was not aimed at Faelis in case she would accidently loose the grip of the string.

''Alright... a target...'' she said after she softly let the string return to its normal resting state, but did kept the arrow on.

JackieCat

"There," Faelis pointed to a tree about fifteen yards away with a fairly wide trunk.  There a large knot in the bark. "Aim at the knot," Faelis said. "Don't shoot yet, just get into position and hold it, so I can see where you need help."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

Never having shot an arrow before, something like what Faelis asked sounded like quite a feat. She took the pose she had seen many times before and focussed on the knot of the tree but did held it until Faelis would give her the cue she could fire. Or... until the string slipped from her fingers.

JackieCat

Just hold there," Faelis said, looking at her form.  He knew very well that for a beginner, just holding the stance could be hard. "You need to strengthen the muscles that you are using right now," the elf said. "Lift the hand pulling back higher, bring your hand back to your ear.  Spread your feet apart a little more." For a beginner, Leyla's stance was very good. "Aim the best you can and fire when you are ready." 
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''Right.'' Leyla said and took a deep calm breath, following Faelis' orders. It took her a moment until she had the stance right and by that time her arm that held the string was trembling a bit. Surely she would get faster and more certain about this but she knew that she most likely had a long way to go.

After she was certain, she released the arrow. It did not hit the knot despite its size; it went just over it. Leyla swore under her breath. She would have to count how many arrows would not hit the target so she was certain she had them all back after gathering them.

In an almost fluent movement she placed another arrow on the bow, pulled the string and tried again.

JackieCat

Faelis raised his eyebrows in approval. "Wow, that was great!" he said, and it was, she had almost hit the knot!  And when she had restrung her bow it had been a quick and almost seamless move.  "You probably won't be able to draw back more that a handful of times," Faelis said. "Though how you are doing, it could be more times, you're good at this!"

As she drew back again he quickly corrected a few things in her stance and then stepped back, motioning her for her to shoot again.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

The second time Leyla released the arrow it hit the knot with a thud. But barely as it was on the top. ''One point for us?'' she said with a giggle. Still. Aiming was something she'd had to do faster and eventually perhaps the arrows faster in a row as well. At some points moving targets or her moving. But the fact she actually hit something had made her happy.

She placed down another arrow on the bow. ''Alas I am someone who keeps going if I still can.'' she said before releasing the third that settled in the wood next to the second arrow. Quickly she placed another, pulled the string, aimed and fired but thisone went just passed the tree like the first one had.

''No such luck yet. To bad.'' it would have been fun if it had actually hit.

JackieCat

"I don't think you realize how good you are!" Faelis said. "When I first picked up a bow, I couldn't have shot that knot after ten tries!  Let alone two!"

He watched as she shot the other arrows. "Your aim is wonderful, though of course you still need to work on it, but the main thing now, for you, is the strength, which will come if you practice everyday."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''Does not sound like a bad idea... my arm is trembling.'' Leyla said with a smile and stretched her fingers slightly. ''Being able to hit things well wether they move or I move is not something I can learn in day one is it.'' she asked.

''As for being good, I have a good teacher.'' she winked at him. She put her bow down for a moment and quickly and silently headed to the tree to collect her arrows. Also those whom had missed their targed.

''Uhm...'' she started eventually and held up a dead hare. ''I shot us dinner...'' the arrow had hit the animal's head having killed it instantly.