Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Yes, of Course I'm Staying to Watch! (SilmeriaElemred!)

Started by JackieCat, June 28, 2015, 10:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

Faelis barely noticed the beauty of the twins, only noticing a bit because of his natural inclination to observe every detail.  He nodded quickly when they introduced themselves.

"Faelis," he said, giving only his first name.  As a thief, it was best to keep your cards close to your chest when meeting people.

"Damn," he swore when Kayden mentioned the memory, he had barely thought about it. "What kind of memory?" he asked, unsure if it mattered.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''It does not nessesarily have to be a good one but certainly a powerful one. The stronger the memory sacrifised, the stronger the stardrop doppelganger will be. In one way or another it has to mean a lot to you in order for the doppelganger to manifest.'' Kayden replied.

JackieCat

Faelis nodded, trying to think of a memory that was powerful, one that would be strong enough.

One came to mind.  "I have one," he said, looking at Kayden. "What do I do now?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

Kayden tapped in a pull of seawater which had gotten seperated from the actual sea as the tides did their work. It was still. A small crab on the bottem and seaweed but the surface was like a mirror.

''What is this doppelganger and stardrop you speak off?'' Nier asked.

''You will see.'' Kayden replied as the circles he had made in the water slowly faded. ''Stand in front of it so you can see your reflection in it. Then, have eyecontact with your reflection and say the following words. ''Namare arosa mei, delian da dition.'' Then kneel. Place your hands just on the surface of the water. Focus on the memory and imagine that flowing from your head to your hands. And from your hands, to the reflection. You will eventually feel the water trembling and you will feel hands against your own. When doing so you grab into the water and pull the doppelganger out.''

JackieCat

Faelis nodded.  Usually he would have asked exactly what the words meant, and been more hesitant to trust the seer, but now he walked to the pool and looked down into it.

It was almost a shock to see his reflection in the clear water.  His face was pale, and there were shadows under his kohl-lined eyes.  He looked into his eyes and saw the desperation reflected there that he felt inside of himself.

"Namare arosa mei, delian da dition," he recited, and he kneeled next to the pool, just at the seer had instructed.  Then he placed his hands on the surface of the water and focused as hard as he could on the memory.  It was not a good one, but it was powerful.  He tried to recall everything he could about that night.  The night he had been tortured, one of the few times he had been captured while on a job.  They had wanted to know who he was and who had hired him, how he had known the password into their fortress.  He had been there for days, not giving in, knowing that if he did, they would kill him.  It had been four days by the time he had escaped, his body broken and bruised, but his mind intact.  It had been the second time he had been captured and tortured, but it hadn't been the last, two times since the same had happened.

Despite the horror of the experience, it was not a memory Faelis wanted to lose, like all of his other experiences, good or bad, it made up a piece of him, and losing it would be losing a piece of himself.  Hopefully the doppleganger wouldn't be killed, and he would be able to regain the memory.

Then the elf felt hands against his.  He grasped onto them and pulled, lifting the doppleganger, the doppleganger of him from the water.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''Very good.'' Kayden said. The rest looked really puzzled, cinfused yet amazed but for niw dis did not ask. ''We are ready I think. Were the pirate friends in? Regarding manpower they could help. The doppelganger will go to the inn and offer the items. We stalk them and enter the place. Those we find in our way will have to be dealt with quietly''

''I disagree.'' Nier replied. ''If the pirates are in we draw to much attention to ourselves if we stick together. If we capture key locations of the hideout we can work more efficiently. If we are suddenly cornered those who stayed behind can give back up.''

JackieCat

"Possibly," Faelis said, glancing over at Neir. "But we don't know the full layout of the hideout, we only know the location and a few vague details that were obtained from Leyla's perception, when he," the elf nodded at the seer, "used his power."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''Surely the... residents know the way better. What if they took Leyla somewhere else in the cave. If mister here can perform that trick again and find out the layout we will discover the layout that way. If things turn sideways they expect us to not know the way at all. It are cavesystems right? There are always multiple hallways in case another would give in. If we know the layout, we have multiple escape routes. Something they will not expect. Yes we have this... doppelganger which I by the way really would love to learn. But that is in theory our only trump card along with our hopefull element of surprise we only keep as long as nobody raises the alarm. Capturing key points and keeping them will prevent us getting stabbed in the back.''

Kila pondered.''Well we need the pirates for that judging by our current numbers. But we do need to at the least enter in groups. If this place had been found before or attempted to have been raided the authorities would've closed it up by now for sure.''

She walked towards the double and circled around it in interest. That until it raised an eyebrow and asked her to stop. Both catching her off guard since thus far it had been quiet.

JackieCat

If the situation wasn't so dire, Faelis would have chuckled at the way the doppleganger told Kila to stop.  It had the same arrogant tone that he usually had around strangers, or people he didn't know too well, it had the same expression, the same voice.  Well, it was him.

"Getting in may be easier that one might expect," Faelis said. "The authorities, even if they could close it down, may want to leave it open so they can continue to gather info from it about more dangerous criminals."  He looked to the seer. "Can you find out what the inside of the hideout looks like?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''I know the entrace they used. There could be more since it is an old mine. If those who built the mine were smart enough then there are multiple entraces in case of a cave in. Tunnels are about four metres wide, two and a half till three meters high. The entrace they took Leyla through is in a large hill in the woods. Through the door which on the outside had two I suppose to be called, guards. Inside after a few meters there were three. But uncertain wether they were extra guards or just people sitting there.'' Kayden replied.

''You are a Seer right?You spoke in past sense. Why not geeze into the future.'' Nier asked. It sounded so simple. Gaze forward adn go with that if it was succesfull.

''I could. But for every descision made, there will be another outcome. One responding to a sound or not changes all of it. On a few things, yes we can rely on my Seer abilities but not for everything. Even now it is uncertain in what room Leyla is because one could've decided to take her elsewhere in the mines.'' Kayden replied.

''So if we relied on your forsight we could end up going the wrong way. Wow. Does not appear to be as usefull as I thought. Still we use what we have right? Let's head to the pirates. See how many of them are in and then form the rest of the plan. Also what to do if certain things go wrong. Those who have Leyla do certainly have planned it out till a certain degree themself.'' Kila said. To this Kayden nodded. ''One Faelis has to disguise himself though. It would be a bit weird if one of those men saw him twice.''

''And he could not have been summoned later?'' Nier asked. But saw Kayden shaking his head slowly. ''It takes a good hour for a doppelganger to adjust and take over all traits of it's creator. It's responds will still be really simple. See if as advanced growing up.'' he said as he took a hooded travelers cloak and offered it to the doppelganger.

JackieCat

The doppleganger took the cloak and put it on, pulling up the hood to cover it's face.

"Many of the pirates will help," Faelis said. "I know most of them, and some of them owe me."

He looked ovaer at where light was beginning to prick over the horizon. "We should go," he said. "We'll talk to the pirates and then formulate the rest of the plan, like you said," he nodded at Neir.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

The girls and Kayden nodded. ''I'd say, lead the way.'' Kayden said to Faelis. The girls despite the situation did seem exited. Something about when it was the last time they had set foot on a ship.

''So... Kayden was it?'' Nier asked as they walked, placing her hand on his shoulder. The man nodded. ''I know what you are going to ask. Yes. It can work for the scouts of the cave as long as the rest of us are out of sight.''

Nier withdrew her hand. Yes a Seer was nice and all but in the end she decided to label him as creepy too. To change the subject she joined Faelis' side. ''Kayden also gave me and my sister an intercepted letter directed to us. You and Leyla wrote it. When this is over, we'd like to discuss it with you.''

JackieCat

Faelis started back towards the street, listening to Neir as they walked.  He glanced over at her when she stepped next to him and spoke of the letter they had sent.

He shook his head. "It doesn't matter now," he said, but then he nodded.  "Yes, we'll talk when this is over and Leyla's safe."

It wasn't long before they got to the docks, and Faelis could see the pirate's ship docked right where it had been earlier.  He stepped to the front of their group as they reached the gangplank.

"They're friends, Jerry," the elf said to the man on watch, who was looking suspiciously at the people behind Faelis.  The man nodded and let them pass.  Jackal was on deck, and he looked up when Faelis approached.

"Ready already?" he asked, raising an eyebrow, and Faelis nodded.

"We need to talk," he said, and Jackal led the way into his cabin, and though he eyed Faelis's companions somewhat suspiciously, he said nothing.  When the cabin door was closed behind them, he stepped behind his desk and looked over them all.

"So, what's the plan?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''A bit earlier Faelis here made something called a stardrop doppelganger. The doppelganger will pretend to be him and make it seem Faelis is willing to trade things for Leyla. When that happens, roughly said we go in, take Leyla, see if it is possible to get the doppelganger with us unharmed and leave. We need to prepare for the fact she will, need a physician. Getting all of us in however is perhaps a challenging thing.''

''To throw in the first idea. First thing would be the guards outside. Me and Nier could take care of those the old fashion way. Seduction, quick elimination so the alarm is not raised. We can then go in and check for any guards inside. If there are, we knock them out. If or when clear, we can give a signal of clearance. This very weird person here...'' Kira tapped Kayden's shoulder as she said those last few words. ''... can use magic to see where we need to be. We capture room by room. Maybe it is usefull that two take the clothes from the scouts, or the first persons we encounter inside the mines. As long as we hide the evidence of any struggle. Anyone who just as much gives a hint of raising an alarm are dealt with.''

''In other words you basicly want to make a huge pile of corpses.'' Kayden noted.

''If it gets Leyla and all of us out in one piece I generally do not care how many necks I need to snap. Leyla is like a sister to us. Sure. Or brands of work vary along with our ways of thinking. Leyla would never willingly kill a person. But trust me. I'd die for her. I would kill for her if that would save her. Even if it would make her hate me.'' Kila replied. ''although additions to my just spoken words could be useful.''

JackieCat

Jackal took all this in quietly, and nodded when they were finished.  "Me men are also very adept and knocking people out," he said, "so killing isn't the only option."

"They are probably planning on killing me," Faelis said.  "They're not the kind to just take the items and let Leyla and I go free, unharmed, so we have to be quick, because it probably won't be long after they take the items that they'll try to kill me, or rather, the doppleganger."

He looked at the others in the room.  "Is there anything else that needs to be covered that I'm forgetting?"  in his state of mind, he couldn't trust himself not to have looked over an important detail.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''Nothing I can currently see. I do agree on something said before we got here; we can not enter the place at the same time. If there is no medic amongst us either, we either need to find a phycisian or take her to your family home Faelis. I will stay by your side. I may be blind but that is how I am underestimated most of the time anyway. It is likely Leyla is used as bait. So yes. Swiftness is good to have with us. Swift and stealth. Making sure we can not get attacked from the back. If things would turn grim I have a spell ready but it is a strong thing to use. It is our last resort.'' Kayden said and the grip around his staff tightened.

''What spell. Anything we need to know about it?'' Nier asked.

''Only that after I cast it, I need to leave right away. Just like the doppelganger magic, I tend to use ancient magic that has been long forgotten and certainly forbidden. It will be traced back to me if someone puts up that effort so if I leave none of you are involved in that.'' that was all Kayden seemed to say on it. ''Alright.'' he looked at Faelis. ''Time to order your doppelganger.''

JackieCat

"Jerry, the ship's doctor, will help," Jackal said, and Faelis nodded as Jackal continued.  "I'll go and gather up the crewmembers who are willing to help," he nodded at Faelis. "Most will."

As the captain left the room, Faelis turned to look at the doppleganger.  "Do I simply instruct it what to do, exactly?" he asked.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

Kayden nodded. ''I think at this stage it knows everything you know. It is formed from your memory and there is a kind of connection between the both of you. You will not feel pain if the doppelganger does but it could make you feel slightly uncomfortable if he's hurt. But it will still need some instructions. All it should need to know is to go. And to stall inside the mines as long as it is safe to do so. We will not be that far behind. I had not been able to train you but if I could I could've learned you how to track it. We just did not have time for that.''

JackieCat

Faelis nodded and relayed what Kayden had said to the doppleganger, which nodded.   IT was quite strange to be talking to yourself, and Faelis would have dwelled on it more if the situation would have been different.  He did take a small moment, however, to think of what it possibly could have been that he had forgotten.  It didn't seem like anything was missing, but he supposed that that's what anyone who had lost a memory would feel.

"It should go slightly ahead of us," Faelis stated, and at that moment Jackal came in, and he was smiling.

"We've got almost the whole crew," he said.  "Are seventy-five pirates too much?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

Kayden chuckled. ''At the least we are capable to capture key points then. And also keep them. I leave it up to those who come to either spare or kill those we have to face. Not everyone there are friends of Rufus. We are all set. Kila, Nier, I recommend the both of you to stick closest since you two are up first. Still. Are you both truely fine with seduction to get in?''

''You have your line of work, we have ours. Seduction is what me and Kila do. We got this. Unless the scouts are gay. I hope though that the ship will be fine of so many of the crew join us.''