Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Yes, of Course I'm Staying to Watch! (SilmeriaElemred!)

Started by JackieCat, June 28, 2015, 10:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

"Don't worry," Jackal said, smirking. "The few staying behind are perfectly capable of taking care of the ship."

"Let's go then," Faelis said, looking around at the others.  Jackal nodded and stepped out of the room first, followed closely by Faelis.

"Ready, men?" Jackal called out.  Most of the crewmembers who were coming were already gathered on the deck.  And though Jackal had said 'men', many of the crew were women.  The captain looked over at Kayden. "It would be suspicious if we all went tromping through the streets together," he said. "Tell us the way to the hideout, we can split into smaller groups and meet up there."
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

It was a bit difficult to explain where the entrance exactly was. All Kayden knew was that it was an old mine, and he only got that from traces of rails, and how the support beams had been put. ''As close as I can get regarding discribing, the forest eventually leads up a hill, towards one of the higher cliffs. At the foot of that hill, there should be an entrace. I wish I could say I had old maps, but I do not have them. Not of the mines. What good are maps to a blind guy right?'' he said.

''So you are not almighty.'' Kila noted although looked at the crew. ''Amazing though how all of you are willing to help.'' she sounded grateful.

JackieCat

"I know where that is," one of the crewmembers spoke up.  It was a tall woman who stepped forward as she spoke.  "It's just outside the city."

Faelis nodded, and Jackal chuckled at the twin's comment.  "We may be pirates, but we're not bad people, not all the way through!  We don't kill if we don't have to, and most of are pretty good people, we're happy to help.  Well, that and the fact that Faelis is a good friend, and most of us owe him our lives, sometimes more than once.  He saved this ship from a battle we were sure to have lost."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''Stories we'd love to hear.'' Nier said with a smile.

Kayden looked at Faelis. ''Alright. Give your double the artifacts. It is time to move. I recommend the ship physician, to have medicine that help Fae against iron poisoning.''

The thought of iron poisoning alone made a shiver run across Nier and Kila's spine. ''We will get into position too. When it is safe to enter we will let you know.''

JackieCat

Faelis nodded and gave the doppleganger the items, while the ship's doctor, who was in the assembled crowd of volunteers, stepped forward.  "I've already got my things," he said, raising a leather bag no doubt filled with medical supplies.

The woman who knew the way told the others and the first group left the ship, followed shortly after by the next, so no suspicion would be aroused.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

((So sorry for the delay))

After everyone was in position, Kila and Nier made their first move. Getting the scouts was easy and revealed that the girls were used to this work just as much as being dancers and pleasure girls. After breaking their necks, all were hidden under bushes and covered with leaves.

When they entered the mine however it was when tension rose. Five minutes passed. Five minutes seemed to turn into ten but just before Kayden started to wonder if he had not mis-seen the future one of the two came outside, beckoning the others although with extra notion to be quiet.

The question why it took the twins a little longer became clear as the others entered. Half a dozin men were there, all taken care off by the two ladies.

JackieCat

(OOC: Sorry for my delay! :P)

When they entered the hideout, Faelis's thoughts, for a moment, shifted to his doppelganger, who was now hopefully already inside with Leyla.  And for a moment Faelis wasn't sure how the doppelganger would do, but then he remembered that it, he?, was an exact replica of him.  The doppelganger would do what he would do.

And he had.

The doppelganger had went to the tavern and met Rufus, as planned.  The two had went to the hideout ahead of the others and were now walking down a long hallway, presumably on the way to where Leyla was being kept.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''You did certainly act fast Faelis. Did the little girl mean so much to you?'' Rufus asked calmly. ''Forgive me though for the fact she had to endure a... little bit of punishment. You see, the silly girl attempted to escape. And I was bored. Nothing irreversable of course. I did not cut off any limbs like I did with others.''

Rufus lead the doppelganger further into the mines. Passing various rooms most having their own groups of thugs while other rooms had chests filled with stolen loot. In a few other rooms there were people working in the mine. Making extra escape routes and getting precious minerals.

Eventually they reached a larger hall where many others from Rufus' group waited. By either playing games or sharpening their weapons. In a less well lit part of the room though on a strawcovered ground was Leyla. What they had left of her anyway. She seemed to be unconscious but still breathed. Some of her veins colored black, torn lip and various bruises all over her body. Her fingers clearly had been pushed out of place but not broken.

---
Every time a room was silently claimed, a few of the pirates stayed behind to make sure it remained claimed and Kayden despite blind seemed to be able to stand his ground during a fight too preventing Nier from being hit hard by an enemy.

JackieCat

The doppelganger followed Rufus through the mines, and when they came to the large room and approached Leyla, the real Faelis felt something.

It was a pull on his mind, and an image flashed before his eyes, causing him to stop in his tracks.  It was of Leyla, and the elf gasped at the sight of her, bruised and battered.  But before he could see anymore the image was gone. 

They had been walking down a hall on their way to the next room they were going to take, and Faelis turned to Kayden.

"I saw her," he said. "Through the eyes of the doppelganger." He clenched his teeth. "She's unconscious." At least that's what the elf hoped.  "Rufus, the bloody bastard.  When I find him. . ."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''Not just you.'' Nier said calmly. But the anger was clearly to hear in her voice.

''Patience. If we storm in now it was for nothing.'' Kayden said. ''It should not be far now. There are still halls after the room we are headed towards. We will not be able to take down whoever is in there before taking down Rufus. Rufus' men are in the very room too''

''oi... OI!'' it was a hard whisper that came from a cage where a slightly chubby beaten man was in. ''I hope you are friends of Leyla Armitage because she seriously could use some help right now... hey...'' his gaze met that of Faelis. ''Did you not pass in here not to long ago? Unless you have an identical twin.''

---
''Go ahead. Go towards her if you like.'' Rufus said to the doppelganger

JackieCat

Faelis nodded stiffly, Kayden was right.

A dagger was in his hand the second the man called out, but he lowered it upon seeing him.

"Twin." He said bluntly.  "You talked to Leyla?"

The doppelganger didn't move right away at Rufus's offer, it could very well be a trick.  He glanced between the man and Leyla, then back at Rufus.

"Just let her go."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

Rufus chuckled. ''Sure, if she can walk out. Because I have been thinking old friend. Those years in prison. A few artifacts are not going to cut it.''

''F-Faelis?...'' Leyla's voice sounded soft and broken.

---

''She attempted to escape. To prevent more punishment happening to her I had to bring her back and gave her antidote for her near lethal iron poisoning. Rufus repaid me with putting me here though after a beating. Either he hates you or your twin, or both. But believe me. He does not want you to leave alive. Truth be told I doubt he will allow Leyla to leave alive either.''

Kila pondered for a moment before sighing and picked the prison lock. ''Name?''

''Sperwerhawk.'' he replied simply. Just before Kila wanted to snort he stopped her. ''Save it. Leyla beat you to it. Sure you want to let me out?''

''I've met with enough men to know when they lie. You are sincere enough.''

JackieCat

The doppelganger, a copy of Faelis as it was, did not act surprised at all that Rufus had more planned than just to get the artifacts.

"I'm here," he said to Leyla's call, and he looked over at Rufus. "Can I go to her without either of us being hurt by you or your men?"

"You know this place then," Faelis said once the man, Sparrowhawk, was released. "Then you can help us, so that everyone gets out alive."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''But of course.'' Rufus said calmly. ''I am not cruel enough to deny either of you that moment.'' he said. His voice sounded sincere enough and he stepped away from the entrace to walk to one of his compagnions. ''I am somewhat surprised though that you acted so soon. For a moment I did think you were going to leave her behind.''

---

''Fair enough. I can guide you all out but I leaving this place I can not. I have an appointment with the gallows. It is one I'd rather miss.'' he admitted and exited the cage.

''What did you do?'' Nier asked. ''My cart broke and a young man was helping me. But the weight of the cart shifted resulting in the young man being in a coma when he got under it. His family called it attempted murder. That I was going to rob him but it got out of hand. Nobles.'' he spoke the last word with a hint of despise. ''So I've been hiding ever since and stealing from travelers to get by. I send most of it to my two children though.'' he observed the group. ''Is this all of you?''

''We kind of have been taking and occupying rooms to make our way back easier.'' Kila replied. To that sparrowhawk nodded. ''Not bad.'' he commented before gesturing further into the mines. ''Let's go. It would be a shame if your twin dies. Leyla probably too if she does not get medicine quick. There is a doctor amonst you?''

JackieCat

The doppelganger hesitated, Rufus very well could be lying, but he slowly approached Leyla.

He crouched next to her, gently touching her arm.

"I would never leave you behind," he whispered to her.  "I don't think they're going to let me out of here alive, but you have to leave.  You have to get out of here as fast as you can."

The ship's doctor stepped forward.

"I'll do my best."

"Let's go then," Faelis said, glancing around. "Who knows how long Leyla has."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''I can not leave you... I do not want to leave you. I will never forgive myself and besides, even if wanted. If I work up my body any more the iron poisoning gets worse. I will not make it past the next hall.'' She smiled at his touch but it was clear she was frightened.

She attempted to lift her head so she could whisper in his ear. ''I could try to pin down Rufus. His men would most likely first try to get me off him. Use that time to run and run fast. Can you do that for me? That way maybe you have a chance.'' She was still smiling though but it were her tears that gave her away. ''Faelis, I had fun. Thank you.''

''Done talking yet?'' Rufus asked. ''I think, without medication she will last another half an hour if she does not do anything crazy so in the meantime let's talk Faelis. If you cooperate she will receive this.'' he showed a glass flask with a few drops of liquid in it. ''If I give her this, all of the pain will go away.''

JackieCat

"Oh, no," the doppelganger shook his head at Leyla's request. "There is no way I am leaving you here.  This is my fault, and I'm not letting you pay for anything I've done."

As Rufus's words, the doppelganger stood to face him, and when he spoke his voice was hard, nothing like it had been moments before. "Takes away the pain?" he scoffed venomously. "And I suppose, in this case, that mean you'll 'put her out of her misery?'."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''No actually. It will get all of the iron poisoning out of her body. With her sensitivity though I think a side effect or two are unavoidable.'' he said with a shrug. ''But the question is now, what to do with you. Years in prison Faelis. Turning you in would not cut it for me so when I saw the chance to be creative I did.'' his smirk left his face though since Leyla laughed briefly.

''You praise yourself to much Rufus. Truth be told I don't think you are more than a common bully who looks down on everyone. You took an easy target with easy resources and expect to be feared and listened to. Even after everything that you did to me I still am not afraid of you. I have met to many people for that.''

---
''Alright. The next room. How are we going in?'' Sperwerhawk asked.

Kayden touched the man's shoulder. ''Hmm. Slit the throats or break the necks of those just outside the door. Who volunteers?"

JackieCat

The doppleganger frowned as Rufus explained what the contents of the bottle would do, still not quite trusting the man.  However, when Leyla spoke, he couldn't help but let a small smirk flit across his face, though he hid it from Rufus.  Usually, anything to make his enimies fuming, but now, it wasn't just his life on the line.

"I will," Faelis offered.  Usually, killing was not his thing, but this was an exception.  "How many are there guarding the door?  And how many inside?" he asked Kayden. "Do you know?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''You may not fear me little fairy. But you are still dying. And the way is blocked. I gave you an offer. Your skills are useful after all. If you accept the offer I will cure you regardless of what Faelis does and perhaps keep him alive.'' Rufus said as he tossed the bottle up frequently before catching it.

''I am still, not going to steal for you. Forget it.'' Leyla replied. Her body however no longer supported her weight and she collapsed back on the floor again.

''Shame. I suppose she no longer needs these then.'' he saif afterobserving the liquid inside it and tossed them on the floor.
---

''Including Rufus and those two goons at the entrace, six. One is hiding in the hay bale and the other is using cloaking magic to appear invisable. Let me take care of that one. In the room after that though are about two dozin men. It is possible they will assist Rufus.'' Kayden replied.