Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Yes, of Course I'm Staying to Watch! (SilmeriaElemred!)

Started by JackieCat, June 28, 2015, 10:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

Faelis smiled and handed the weapons the shopkeeper handed him to Leyla. "You'll be good at both of these weapons," he assured the young woman. "Your build and flexibility will greatly help if you ever need to defend yourself."

He put his money pouch back onto his belt and turned to Drakkar to lead them back to Leyla's home.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''Thank you..'' her voice was actually quite timid right now and she gave both Faelis and her father a hug.

''Good luck on your trip Leyla.'' the shopkeeper said with a wave and put the other weapons back

Drakkar thanked the shopkeeper as well before leading the young adults back to his home where Leyla would pick up her bag she had left there and say her goodbyes

JackieCat

When they got to the house Faelis stopped outside the door. "I'll wait out here," he said. "I don't want to get in the way, and then you can say your goodbye's in private."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

Leyla nodded quietly and followed her father inside.

After a good fifteen minutes the three of them came outside. Tears had been shed that was for sure, and it was Shaiya who aproached Faelis first. Embracing him warmly without a warning. ''Please look after my daughter properly. And if you need a home, these doors are open for you.'' she said before letting him go and Drakkar came up holding out his hand. ''I hope my daughter will have a pleasant time with you. That she can learn a lot from the world that is outside of Arca. And I pray your journey will be pleasant.''

JackieCat

Faelis waited fro them patiently outside, and when the door opened and they stepped back outside, Faelis wasn't surprised when Shaiya hugged him.  The elf patted the woman on the back and when she stepped back and Drakkar held out his hand, Faelis shook it firmly.

"Don't worry, sir, ma'am," he said, nodding to them both respectively. "Leyla will be safe, and when we see you again, she will defiantly have had the time of her life.  And I give you my word that she will return safely."

Of course, this was the truth, Faelis didn't want to harm Leyla, but the travel was probably going to turn out differently than Leyla or her parents were expecting.

Faelis turned to look at Leyla, and he smiled, though in an understanding way, he knew what she was feeling. "Are you ready?" 
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

Leyla nodded. ''Lets go.'' she said and waved one more time at her parents before turning to the paved road. She had to prevent herself from looking back. If she would, all the courage she gathered would seep away right through her feet. Boots or not. So with one step after another after re-adjusting her backpack a little, she left her home, and eventually Arca behind her.

JackieCat

Faelis nodded once more to Leyla's parents, and then followed the young woman away.  He knew that this was hard for her, so he didn't say anything until they had been walking for a few minutes.

"Do you even know where we are going?  Because I don't." He smiled at her, trying to lighten the mood. "Anywhere you want to go?  A place you've always wanted to see?  Because now, you can go anywhere.  Anywhere you like.  Just pick a place, and that's where we'll go."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''A place where I have always wanted to go...'' Leyla had never left Arca. She had seen maps and would always wonder how it would be there. Anywhere but Connlaoth though with the war going on. ''Anywhere but Connlath is fine by me. Maybe Adela? There are dragons where right? But there are so many places in Serendipity I have never even seen.''

Leyla had always wanted to see a dragon. But it would be nice too to see more of her homeland too.

JackieCat

Faelis smiled. "There are the most dragons in Adela, but there are dragons all over the world.  And Serendipity?  There's a lot here too, I've been all over the place, but not all the places."  Faelis thought for a moment. "The place you pick doesn't have to be the only place we go, were not on a schedule!"

Wherever they went Faelis would be fine with it, though he would rather not go to Connlaoth, because of the war, but Leyla didn't want to travel there either, so he wouldn't be forced to go.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''Then maybe some nice places in Serendipity first.'' she said. ''The Ocean sounds appealing. Coastal Serendipity maybe?  Yes... I heard it is occasionally besieged by pirates..but it should be safe enough right?''

She often heard merchants speaking of having visited there. Brining with them many exotic things that they on their turn sold.

JackieCat

"The Coast it is!" Faelis said. "And about the pirates, I'm sure we'll be fine.  I've gone there several times before, and I'm not dead yet!"

He wasn't dead, but he had been attacked all the times he had been there, though not necessarily by pirates.  Well, they had been pirates some of the times, but they had only targeted him because he had stolen from them.  So, all in all, Faelis had no proof that they would be fine, and he assumed that they would be attacked one time or another, but the elf was confident he would be able to defend both of them.

"It will take us about a week and three or four days to get there, going at a slower pace, walking," Faelis said to Leyla. "So not to long, and on the way, I can teach you how to use your weapons, though hopefully you won't need to use them."

Yes, hopefully, but with Fealis as traveling company, the elf knew that Leyla would probably have to fight one way or another, and if she didn't fight, Fealis knew that he would have to at least onece, probably many more times than that, though.  The fights would probably come from Faelis's choice of profession.  As a traveling thief, you gathered many enemies in all of the countries over the years.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''Alright!'' Leyla said exitedly. Perhaps there was even place for her to perform. and earn some coin. ''And as you teach me fighting, I will teach you some things considdering dance.'' she said with a giggle.

She had to resist looking back at Arca that laid behind them and to prevent she would, she looked at Faelis. ''Which way?'' she asked. Perhaps she would learn directions a lot better as well in the meantime.

JackieCat

"Well, currently we're heading north, but the port of Cerenis is north-east," Faelis said as they walked. "We will leave the city within an hour, and then we'll be out in the wilderness.  And yes, dancing lessons, I'm looking forward to them."

As they walked Faelis thought about his last theft.  It had been nearly three days ago, and it had been from a rich lord, the elf had gotten some pretty good money off of him, and now that money was in Faelis's pouch.  Before they left the city, he would use that coin to buy some more provisions.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''Alright.'' Leyla replied.

She had used quite some of her savings for some rations; dried meats, fruits and vegetables, but also a few fresh things. Fresh meat excluded since it would be a waste if it rotted. Also if they wanted fresh meats perhaps she could use the bow for that. If she could aim it properly anyway.

It did felt a little strange. Next time she would come here, her home was empty. And most likely already sold with new people living in it. But she did not regret anything. She had wanted this to badly. ''Is it selfish of me? To leave my parents like this... '' she asked out of the blue

JackieCat

Faelis shook his head. "I do not think so," he said. "They wouldn't want for you to be stuck in one place your whole life, they would want you to have fun, do what you want rather than what they would want, which would be what you wanted if that's what you wanted." The elf laughed as his wording. "Anyway, I think that they are glad for you, if not nervous."

As they walked Faelis turned onto a side street, towards a general store where he would buy some more foodstuffs.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

Whilest Faelis got some extra things, Leyla looked around in the shop a bit. Something then cought her eye but not from the store; outside. Briefly she thought she saw the same man whom Faelis had scared off in the inn the night before, had most likely awaited them then outside, and could perhaps be the same one who her father had mentioned.

But the figure was gone in the blink of an eye as if he had never been there. Not sure why either but her hand had gently rested on the whip she had attached to her belt until she was sure the person was not there.

'Must be the nerves..' she thought to herself.

JackieCat

Faelis bought the provisions he had picked and then walked over to Leyla, he saw her discomfort immediately, and then her hand on the handle of her whip, and frowned.

"What is it?" he asked, the dagger in the sleeve of his leather jacket slipping down so it could be drawn and ready for use in a moments notice. "What did you see?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''I thought I saw the man from last night...'' she said softly. ''But I'm not sure... truth be told I've been looking out for it when we went to the weapons shop since father mentioned someone watching him and mom.'' she allowed her hand to leave the whip.

Wether it was the same man, if there had been one at all, and why following them she did not know. She was a contortionist. A Dancer. Not some whore from a brothel. So what could  the man posibly want.

JackieCat

Faelis frowned deeper, he did not doubt Leyla, and even if she wasn't sure, Faelis was pretty confident that there had been someone out there.

It could have been the man from the night before, looking for Leyla or Faelis, or both.  Faelis knew that the man would have wanted revenge after he beat him on the street, and though the elf knew he could once again win a fight and wouldn't mind if one came while he was by himself, he didn't want Leyla to be harmed.

He pushed his knife back up into his sleeve and turned to Leyla. "If the man from last night is following us," he said, "then it is probably in revenge for how we treated him.  And if it is someone else, I don't know why they would want to come after us. . ."

That was a lie.  A big fat one, he knew very well why anyone would want to follow him, he was a thief!  Getting people mad was what he did.  Of course, many of the people he stole from didn't ever find out who it was who took their stuff, but if the elf was caught every once in a while, and add all the bar fights he intentionally started, leaving most of the patrons with empty pockets at the end of the fight, Faelis had a pretty long list of enemies.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''Men bothering me is not nessesarily something new but those who are from here know that if they as much hurt a hair on my head they have Denzel on their necks. Not that it scared everyone though. Also. Revenge? For what exactly. Can't he handle being turned down by a girl? Truth be told that is actually quite pethatic if that were the case.''

''Anything else I can assist you two with?'' the shopkeeper asked